Menu
Expat.com

how much can be to build a house?

Last activity 14 January 2020 by Lat61

giovannigio

i didn't build but just a my friend build and told me that. then i don't know if it is true o false

eireon

Hi markad, where is your company located? The name of your company? Do you serve antipolo area? Do you have a website?
Hopefully to hear from you and you're ideas
Thanks
Ferdie
You can reach me better at ***

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security
Vivnay

How common is this. Developer turns over a lot within a development, sets a minimum cost of construction. Stated reason being to preserve “overall value of the village”. I get the broader idea to maintain a quality of build/aesthetics etc but are there no privacy issues associated with disclosing cost of construction to the land developer and or homeowner association?

FilAmericanMom
Vivnay wrote:

How common is this. Developer turns over a lot within a development, sets a minimum cost of construction. Stated reason being to preserve “overall value of the village”. I get the broader idea to maintain a quality of build/aesthetics etc but are there no privacy issues associated with disclosing cost of construction to the land developer and or homeowner association?

It's common among gated communities. I don't see any privacy issues with disclosing.

When we had our house built, there was also a minimum cost of construction set by the HOA. We presented the cost of construction / bill of materials to them as per the plans submitted to city hall. The amount was a tad lower than the HOA's required minimum. But everyone at HOA know that the cost of construction are understated for permit and tax reasons. It was approved by HOA.

We spent a lot more than was stated. But nobody knows how much more we actually spent except for us.

daliaparel

How much it cost to build a 3 bedroom and 2 bath house in 229 square meters

bratché

A contractor will ask for about 20 000PHP per sqm for a standard house.
It s not expensive, and don t expect European quality, they use 4inches substandard hollow blocks you can break with 2 finger pinch. But they will use rebars...

For that price, you will get filipino bathroom and kitchen.
here is what is a standard construction...
49946631_435320873673821_8741781369748717568_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fmru1-1.fna&oh=489f2125eb78efa5535c3562a79a4ccc&oe=5CD622E4
scary?  That s cheap, but it s not worth more

you can get a much cheaper rate by non professional workers.

bratché

As you can see on the photo, they use very bad quality hollow blocks, they call it standard, but it s substandard, it crumbles to dust with 2 fingers pinch, it s only 4 inches while it should be 15 or 20cm wide in a high seismic zone. Their walls are just hanging on the beams...

They don t use column on each sides of the doors, nor in corners, etc etc...
And it was built by an achitect...It s more fun in Philippines big_smile.png

AudieB

How many sq ft in your home you built for 800,000 php? We too are planning on building in Pinas. Also whereabouts are you? Thanks

daenr

The lot goes in your wife's name, as you likely know. Before building, make sure your relationship is tight and loving? Can get messy if you fall out with each other.

Where you plan to buy and build will determine your costs. If you get an honest building contractor and if you put a reliable watch on your building materials, you might be able to put up a nice little 4-room house with wet kitchen for 800K. Your bigger challenge will be that you get an honest competent contractor. Pinoy think they have it all down, but their building capabilities always sound better than in reality. As you know, you will need a contractor who is competent in structural work, and coordinated plumbing and electrical work. See if your wife and family knows anyone good (as your white face = rich, rich, rich, family 'friends' may be useless and even dishonest).

So you want to build in Las Pinas in the Cavite area? Hmmm... mahal diba? Hindi ko alam. But ask around for a small lot and see?

I've lived in NCR, Dumaguete and Iloilo. It's hard to find a great place to live unless you get on a small island that not too inhabited yet.

Good luck.

Wayne 07

The guy who stated that you need an honest contractor is right on!!!!!!

We had our home build here. The major issues we had was with contractor. Most assume it’s okay to take advantage of foreigners. After the roughing phase I got rid of this guy and his company.

I knew very little about building. I hired me a foreman who is my yard man with a construction background. I also got me some skill people into help finish up our home. And we did it.

Don’t take the word of people who say they know someone who knows someone. Check references. Talk to the people they constructed a house for. Ask if they build one for foreigner. We have different standards. Talk to foreigner to ensure job was good. Do your due diligence to check and recheck things. You need to be on job site everyday or have someone you trust there. Final thing our degree excellence doesn’t match the contractors here. You will have to settle for some degree of lesser quality it just goes with living here.

Mind you I love the Philippines but housing is very tricky here.

Wayne 07

Just saying. If you are retiring here why not downsize. Why not build your home way within your living expense. I was going to build a 2000plus square foot home for me and my wife. I woke up and said why. Why pay to cool and maintenance something that big. I decided to build it to about 1200-1300 square feet. Which is perfect. Plus if you older why get something with lot stairs. One single level. Built with aging in mind.

AudieB

Thanks for the reply. So you want to build in Las Pinas in the Cavite area? No no no, lol. I picked up "Pinas" from friends in Bohol as generic term for Philippines 🇵🇭. We want to build in the Visayas. Negros (near Dumaguete), Bohol or Cebu. I want to be near private school and hopefully not too far from a hospital. I already have someone to build a house. I just purchased tickets and we will be arriving in May for a couple of months. We plan on checking out potential lots. I'm thinking Bohol would be the least expensive.( I lived in Tagbilaran City for 3 months) . I haven't been to Dumaguete yet, but I  from what I hear, it may be getting too expensive bcoz off all the expats. Cebu is my wife's native island and like it too. And yes I already have a friend who is know about living near the relatives lol. Any ideas or suggestions l really appreciate. Ps... We also have a 2 year old. Yeah I'm 59 and a late bloomer, 😁

thewoodenpotter

I/We bought an existing house small single story on 100sqm. Then did a knock down rebuild took about 12 months after knock down.
The new house is two storey and so much larger, it would considered a large house in the area its built in and  much more than the quoted price here of house built elsewhere. We built it pretty much to the upper end of the middle class in the area as far as I can see.
I think much will depend on what and how you want to live and this will set the budget and will also affect the where as well.

Overall the house is well built some of the finish details we have had the builder  go over them and re do them. But as a precaution we withheld the final payment of 10% to help the builder see our point of view smile.png

The house is close to SM and a well regarded school. These are important factors in the Phils and will effect rental values and no doubt the price as well.

DelphyMurganna

That's a good question! I have long known that there are many loan companies and banks on the cash loan website. That is, if you are looking for where it is better to make a loan, and how to make your search faster, then there is a wide selection on this site https://cariscompany.com/. No need to waste time searching on the Internet, there are sites that have already selected the right companies, also made a description about them, ratings.

Mmuers7008

I built a 2 bed room 1 bath mostly online or over the phone for $5000 dollars less than 100 sq mt but a lot was not correct . I only had a builder no engineers or permits but no one knew I was involved only family members so it was cheep but I am getting ready to build again I have a large lot 3000 sq mt so I am building a bamboo house on the lot so I can keep a close eye on construction I will use a engineer /  architect this time because it is different from the construction I'm used too . But already I have gone through the process of water connection to a tank and gettin electrical connection but I had to have the main part of the house in place " bamboo" before they would allow electricity connection?   I will be getting all my materials my self and hiring labors as needed but will use Formen to supervise ?
I plan to build as I get money based on my budget . I'm thinking 1 million for the main house structure and I'll do the finish work as I can afford it . Tiles bath room kitchens electrical fixtures then I plan to build a pool at some point

Mmuers7008
tommieboy999 wrote:

how is that aggressive? i simply told you my total cost for everything.. you can choose to believe me.. or think im lying. its your choice

Your right I don't know why this guy is giving you a hard time ?

Lat61

housedesignerbuilder.weebly.com- House builder blueprints and prices.

Click on link for pictures, sketches and prices of homes build here in Philippines. If you hire workers yourself and are on site everyday to make sure correct materials and work is done in a timely fashion, you could cut costs by about half. But you need to find a very good foreman. Also have to purchase materials yourself and test for quality to make sure your not being cheated.

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Philippines

• Accommodation in Manila
    Accommodation in Manila

There are lots of renting options to choose from when relocating to Manila. Most expats in the Philippines live in ...

• Accommodation in Iloilo
    Accommodation in Iloilo

Iloilo, nicknamed the 'Heart of the Philippines', is a province stretching over 4,663 km² in the ...

• Accommodation in Davao
    Accommodation in Davao

Davao is an established metropolitan area with its capital, Davao City, catching up to the main Philippine cities ...

• Accommodation in Cebu
    Accommodation in Cebu

Located in the Visayas region, 750 km from Manila and West of the Negros Island, Cebu is one of the major ...

• Accommodation in Cagayan de Oro
    Accommodation in Cagayan de Oro

Cagayan de Oro (CDO) nicknamed the 'City of Golden Friendship' is a highly urbanized city located in ...

• Buying property in the Philippines
    Buying property in the Philippines

If you, like many foreigners before you, have fallen in love with the Philippines, you might be considering buying ...

• Accommodation in the Philippines
    Accommodation in the Philippines

Relocating to a foreign country means finding accommodation. The Philippines hosts a range of accommodation ...

• Buying property in Manila
    Buying property in Manila

Buying a property is a big and exciting step, but navigating the rules and regulations in a new country can be a ...

All of the Philippines's guide articles