Movie Buddies!

I'll join too if there are any outings.

Still doind the same activity?

Hey guys.

Love the enthusiasm! We have yet to arrange another movie night but when we do, you will definitely know it from here. Keep your eyes open on this thread.

P/S: Or, if anyone wants to watch a movie they been eyeing on, why not suggest it to us and make the arrangements? All you have to do is post it up! :-).

Cheers.

Hi guys!!!

I'm new to Expat.com and to Dubai... movies sound fun!!!

guys we should go see paranormal activity 2/

welcome to dubai kerry!!!

Hey Kerry!

Looking forward to meet you :-).

"Paranormal Activity 2" sounds like a plan, possible to catch it later this week? Gonna be out of town for a few days. Any other takers in here? Mall of Emirates (AED 30 per tix) or Marina Mall (AED 50 per tix)?

Hiya ladies, not my kind of film. But will join u guys for the company :)

plizz come with ussssssssssssss shilpa. We ll have fun ahah

Prefer MOE :P

Its been a while since I have watched a movie, and i am in the mood for a fright. Lets watch a movie next Saturday. However, i know that not all of are into horror, so if they are showing something better we could always change movies. And i agree with Shilpa, we should consider middle ground and watch the movie at MOE, that is if you are all up to it.

Hey guys

Rob is back in town so I need to check whether he is working on Friday! He doesn't know yet as he's just got back into work..

My sister is also here, but she is in abu dhabi trying to renew her UK visa, not sure when she is staying until but I am guessing she will be in dubai with me for the weekend! Let me know ur plan and I will try to join in :)

bring them along shilpa, the more the merrier. I say we go out on Saturday for some dinner followed by a movie. However, the only reasonable "ok" movie out now has to be paranormal activity 2 and i must confess that i am not to keen on watching it. Maybe scott pilgram vs the world or "the town" would be a better choice. Personally, i cannot wait for the new harry potter moving coming out in 3 weeks.

guys count me in for the next movie watching:) but i hope 9pm onwards is the start i have work until 9pm...pm me guys, when and where and what time...

Hello from Abu Dhabi!

"Paranormal Activity 2" on Saturday at MOE? Any time is fine with me, back on Thursday so hopefully we all got a movie night confirmed soon! :-).

Shilpa Babe, do join and we could all scream in the cinema! Ha!

xx

Hey group,
I was wondering | Paranormal Activity 2 (@ 10:30 PM @ Mall Of The Emirates)& we meet up at 8:30 buy tickets and have some dinner. How about it?

Heya guys

I wanted to go to SCD Cocktail evening on Saturday so will give the film a miss. Really hate horror films, as i don't think there is any point in coming outa a film and being scared lols sorry i know i sound like a wuss!!

So, except for Shilpa is everyone else coming to watch the movie?...or am i going to be standing at the box office wondering where everyone is? :D

Hi guys , i am new here in Dubai and this forum, i would like to join you to see a movie, i guess i missed today's movie, but you can count me for the next one.

Actually you still have time. the movie takes places on Saturday @ 10:30 PM @ Mall Of The Emirates. We meet at 9 pm, say outside the box office.

Hey guys.

Bad news, gotta give this one a miss. Count me in for the next one though. Enjoy the show!

Its cool sher1na, there is always next time.
Can i get a confirmation on who is coming or not going?

Akram, am out on this one :( enjoy it though!

I am out too sorry akram have fun guys!

YA, this sounds like a flop :P. I guess everyone has plans for something else, so i am going to call it quits on this event too. Its too bad, but there is always next time. Especially, as the Dubai film festival coming come next month. If anyone else wants to go grab some popcorn and watch a flick anytime soon, drop me a message.

Film festival sounds interesting akram, lemme know the details plz

Its not completely announced yet, but its going to start by December 3rd.

hey guys!
when is the next movie plan?!!

I will there for sure! :)

Any one interested for a movie in the Dubai Mall? I have seen 4 in the past 2 weeks and its pretty good place. The usual weekend slot???

Hi Guys, any updates on a new movie night date?

I believe the lady who started this thread is no longer in dubai :) any takers on who wants to organize the next film evening?

HI Guys,

the Dubai Marina Mall Cinema is close to my place, I can get informed about the movies, times and dates, and let you know if anyone is interested to have a movie night!! :)

let me know if you're in and i will get on action.. :)

Munita wrote:

HI Guys,

the Dubai Marina Mall Cinema is close to my place, I can get informed about the movies, times and dates, and let you know if anyone is interested to have a movie night!! :)

Depending on the movie, I will join :) its not very close to me and its AED 50 instead of the normal AED 30 fyi

Newbie913 wrote:
Munita wrote:

HI Guys,

Depending on the movie, I will join :) its not very close to me and its AED 50 instead of the normal AED 30 fyi

Hey Thanks for the info, but I would need a taxi to go anywhere, so paying a minimum of AED 20 to the taxi driver (one way) my final total for a movie night out would be above AED 70 (calculating the way back to be more expensive, because it always like that) so Dubai Marina is a good deal as well :)

Who is In for next Sunday?? Will go check out movies today and let u now; I know its always better to find something"halfway" so please guys let me know which one is the best for you. I now that if we do have a big group, marina mall might be better since there is no one there and we could sit all together!
Marina Mall??
MOE ??
ANd ok or not for next sunday?
cheers!!

ok so movies options at Dubai Marina Mall are:
1- the Tourist. 2- Burlesque. 3- Meet the Parents: Little Fockers
4- Gulliver's Travels. 5- Gulliver's Travels. 6- Open Season 3.

link to time table : http://www.reelcinemas.ae/cineplexes/movies.html

let us vote guys and girls and see what best suites every one!!!

my vote goes to: ( Burlesque and Meet the Parents: Little Fockers)

what about you? :) wanna give it a try on Sunday ??

Oh dear, this website really needs to wake up!! Sorry only this now and Sunday is today. Personally MOE is better for me :)

Hello all. I'm Fran, 32, from Spain. I'll spend two weeks in Dubai starting on the 20th of January. I have absolutely nothing to do there as I'll be on holidays.

I'm staying at a friend's house in Dubai Marina area so I guess I could be up for one of your movie meetings. Probably I'll go on the 23rd if you guys organise something. I'll keep reading the thread.

Cheers
Fran

it is Sunday and about to end too :P honestly no one replied to Lousia's or my post so nothing really happened, if it is about me and Lousia we live like 2 mins away from each other, so we can catch a movie anytime, it was about the rest of you who didn't really contribute with an opinion..

yeah Billy Moe, is great, and he is always on action, if he has something coming up I am sure we will be in :)

Newbie913 wrote:

Oh dear, this website really needs to wake up!! Sorry only this now and Sunday is today. Personally MOE is better for me :)

Munita wrote:

it is Sunday and about to end too :P honestly no one replied to Lousia's or my post so nothing really happened, if it is about me and Lousia we live like 2 mins away from each other, so we can catch a movie anytime, it was about the rest of you who didn't really contribute with an opinion..

yeah Billy Moe, is great, and he is always on action, if he has something coming up I am sure we will be in :)

Newbie913 wrote:

Like I said, this website is DEAD most of the time :P (FACT)

I would be up for this if people are still interested