Menu
Expat.com

Life in Bangkok

Last activity 20 June 2015 by AGLV0121

fnbhns1

Hello everyone,

My name is Noor Bhuyian from Bangladesh. I am looking for a drastic change in my life at the moment and am planning to move to Bangkok, Thailand in August.  I studied abroad and were working in abroad too. I visited around 10 countries including Japan, Russia, Singapore and some other. In profession i am a Web Application Developer (IT), beside this i teach English part time.

I would be glad to know your advice and suggestion, could i get some opportunities there to work and maintain a very simple life with peace. your advices is highly appreciated. Looking forward.

stumpy
fnbhns1 wrote:

Hello everyone,

My name is Noor Bhuyian from Bangladesh. I am looking for a drastic change in my life at the moment and am planning to move to Bangkok, Thailand in August.  I studied abroad and were working in abroad too. I visited around 10 countries including Japan, Russia, Singapore and some other. In profession i am a Web Application Developer (IT), beside this i teach English part time.

I would be glad to know your advice and suggestion, could i get some opportunities there to work and maintain a very simple life with peace. your advices is highly appreciated. Looking forward.

Whilst waiting for others to reply please take the time to read through the many informative posts in the forum categories list, upper right hand side of this page.

Christine

Hi fnbhns1,

Welcome to Expat.com! smile.png

I would invite you to have a look at this guide > Working in Thailand , there are articles with useful information and links on how to find a job in Thailand.

Wish you good luck,
Christine

Rejoice
fnbhns1 wrote:

Hello everyone,

I would be glad to know your advice and
suggestion, could i get some
opportunities there to work and maintain
a very simple life with peace. your
advices is highly appreciated. Looking
forward.

Hi, sorry if I have to be blunt but it's the truth from what I had seen and know.

There are many thai graphics and web designers here who can do good jobs and reasonable prices. Some are full time and some are freelance.

There are many Filipinos here doing such jobs too. I know 1 who is doing for eBay too.

There are a group of Americans based here but their clients are from USA. As their cost here is lower thus they can pass the savings back to their American clients.

Its stiff competition for your field of work besides teaching English language, the queue is more than a kilometer long from various nationalities in the world.

I had a personal Filipino friend who graduate in MBA from Webster university in Hua Hin but couldn't get a job here. Finally have to go back to Philippines.

Sorry I could not be of much help to you. Seek deep in you as to what can you offer to make it attractive to employers.

For example, many people are drivers for bosses. But if one goes for interview, not only he's a driver but can be a body guard too especially for ladies boss. He can also be helper to carry shopping bags for the boss while she shop.

You need to be different from others to be attractive to employers.

Best of luck and GOD bless you.

AGLV0121

Visit craigslist.org for apartments.
1 bedroom 36 square meter around Udonsuk/Ekkamai with swimming-pool and fitness for 13K Bahts, 1 or 2 mo deposit.
Lost in lush vegetation, you don't feel BKK's pollution. Grocery store at walking distance.
There are also lots of meetup: big data, web design, etc. and you may find partners. Meetup.com
I am former architect of several high-visibility solutions having good time here
Best luck
Gerry

Articles to help you in your expat project in Bangkok

• Finding work in Bangkok
    Finding work in Bangkok

Bangkok is Thailand's capital and biggest city. Every year, over 22 million people visit Bangkok. Some come to ...

• Understanding the work environment in Bangkok
    Understanding the work environment in Bangkok

Thai people are incredibly friendly and approachable. If one wants to stay and work in Thailand, then learning ...

• Bangkok's labour market
    Bangkok's labour market

There is an abundance of work opportunities in Thailand, especially in Bangkok, but most come here thinking that ...

• Starting a business in Thailand
    Starting a business in Thailand

Thailand is the second-largest economy in Southeast Asia and the 26th-largest economy in the world. It offers many ...

• Working in Thailand
    Working in Thailand

Although some jobs aren't permitted to foreigners in Thailand, there is still an array of career opportunities ...

• Internships in Thailand
    Internships in Thailand

If you are a self-motivated individual with good communication skills and a strong command of English, then doing ...

• Become a digital nomad in Thailand
    Become a digital nomad in Thailand

Thailand has long earned the title of a digital nomad mecca — it is the country most often associated with ...

• Accommodation in Bangkok
    Accommodation in Bangkok

Bangkok is Thailand's capital and largest city. It's where you will have access to the most opportunities, ...

All of Bangkok's guide articles