Menu
Expat.com

Do and don't in Saudi Arabia - 2015

Last activity 16 August 2016 by Decentandone

nada hayah
Akprince wrote:

Women can drive inside the compound only .. smile.png

Hahaha...even inside the compound those drivers would not allow us to drive...not just car.. even bicycle I cant even ride here..sigh..good thing is..i feel like a princess here. I have driver wherever I wanna go..sorry not wherever..to places that are allowed by the management. No headache for traffic jam..i can sleep at the back seat and eating and sipping my chocolate drink till we arrive the destination.

Akprince

I saw in Saudi City Compound girls driving car even bicycle. .. don't eat to much chocolate ..share some with me .. lol.. wink.png

nada hayah
Akprince wrote:

I saw in Saudi City Compound girls driving car even bicycle. .. don't eat to much chocolate ..share some with me .. lol.. wink.png

hahahaha...Akprince..re you stalking the saudia airlines crews compound? I dont live there. unfortunately..our compound is way smaller than saudi city. even the drivers allowed us to drive there it would be few meter drive away...hehehe..

Akprince

Yea i was talking about that... smile.png
it's ok

Kashtic

haha.
that's right though

alaudi

Yes as long as she whering the Abaya & Veil, my wife and daughters they ride the camel beside the beach in Al khober (western regain)

canadiannurse

I would love to ride a camel and a horse while in KSA! Is  there a group or company that allows this in AL Khobar?

alaudi

In fact it was in the beach some people they rent a Camille ride and horses and motorsicle about a group for that activates I'm sure that there a groups or clubs for that but I can't remember now

MMedo232

That is right

Moin Butt

Yeah!! I'm in Saudi Arabia

Omarnwani

Hi there is one club near rakah and you can do horse riding over there..

realman760

yes

nada hayah
Omarnwani wrote:

Hi there is one club near rakah and you can do horse riding over there..

where is the location of Rakah? Sorry though work here almost 2 years i dont get to spend outside so much by our company. how much would it cost me for horse riding?

esosa

loving saudi but am in najiran.........weeps

learningall

i am from riyadh saudi arabia,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...................

Palkovnik

You can do whatever you want in compounds as a woman.

iluvicu

Hello KSA!!!! and of course to all blogg nuts , chatdicts, and expats.

Wow! I 'm approaching two years in the kingdom and its fantabulous!.
I finally went home and had an awesome vacation.
Ok, let's see? lesson learned when using a multiple exit/reentry visa. First of all, multiple  is great and since I travel quite a few times, it works for me. It needs to be used with in the dates listed there. So after I got it, I didn't have the chance to travel and it expired. Needless to say, I paid a fine of 1200 SAR and had to get a week end visa  and paid 200 sar.  Ouch! won't happen again.

I'm definitely getting into the groove of living in Saudi. I love it here. Now ...... it's my own opinion and I'm entitled to it. I don't know how you all feel. 
A Few tips to help you through, if you are new to KSA.

1.Live here with in reasons and with in the boundaries that are set. 

2.Assess/reassess your "sh---t " list and your awesome people's list.  Stick to the positive ones and hang out with them. Well, safely, though.

3.Love your job and make it fun. That is the only reason why you are here anyway.

4. Make friends, a lot, with everyone. But when you see yourself getting too close, always remember, everything here is temporary, so keep it temporary. Unless, you really want to make it permanent.

5. Find a favorite hangout or a sanctuary. So when you are in your lowest points, being there will keep you from going insane, lol.
That's it for now. I\ll have more insights and later.
Enjoy life people...and be happy..

sony2009

That was very well said!! life here is great so if you want to enjoy it and explore new things you will like it, and if you keep regreting on things you can't do here you will not enjoy it and eventually will be a runner and it will hunt you for long that you were not mature enough to suck it and live with it.

MMedo232

that's sounds reasonable enough for me

drak123

I am planning to attend an international conference to present my research paper. This international conference is organised by an university located in Saudi Arabia. My friends are working as professor there. Can i stay with them or is it necessary in Saudi law to stay in hotel only.

kingisking

yes allowed ,in some areas women also working and driving tractors and riding horse

drak123

Thanks kingisking.

kingisking wrote:

yes allowed ,in some areas women also working and driving tractors and riding horse

iluvicu
kingisking wrote:

You gotta be kidding!!!!! Where in KSA is this?

drak123
kingisking wrote:

Can i stay with them for 3 days (male friend)

Akprince
iluvicu wrote:

Hello KSA!!!! and of course to all blogg nuts , chatdicts, and expats.

Wow! I 'm approaching two years in the kingdom and its fantabulous!.
I finally went home and had an awesome vacation.
Ok, let's see? lesson learned when using a multiple exit/reentry visa. First of all, multiple  is great and since I travel quite a few times, it works for me. It needs to be used with in the dates listed there. So after I got it, I didn't have the chance to travel and it expired. Needless to say, I paid a fine of 1200 SAR and had to get a week end visa  and paid 200 sar.  Ouch! won't happen again.

I'm definitely getting into the groove of living in Saudi. I love it here. Now ...... it's my own opinion and I'm entitled to it. I don't know how you all feel. 
A Few tips to help you through, if you are new to KSA.

1.Live here with in reasons and with in the boundaries that are set. 

2.Assess/reassess your "sh---t " list and your awesome people's list.  Stick to the positive ones and hang out with them. Well, safely, though.

3.Love your job and make it fun. That is the only reason why you are here anyway.

4. Make friends, a lot, with everyone. But when you see yourself getting too close, always remember, everything here is temporary, so keep it temporary. Unless, you really want to make it permanent.

5. Find a favorite hangout or a sanctuary. So when you are in your lowest points, being there will keep you from going insane, lol.
That's it for now. I\ll have more insights and later.
Enjoy life people...and be happy..

Your advises are thoughtful , i appreciated that. It's seems we need to follow what you said, we are here for temporary and for a target to set our future on right track to live happy life. You are truly intelligent woman.

Julien

I've removed a couple of posts from this thread - suggesting something illegal has never been allowed on our platform.

Noviyanti

Do : Adjust your homeland mindset and adapt it well without cross-path on the cultural value here.
Don't : never try to outline the norm that being applied here to avoid further problem.

TeacherAdam

Jeddah and Khobar/Dhahran are very different from the rest of the Kingdom

nigelgodfrey

I would look at buying a bike...... have you not seen many?

realman760

you can for horses in private stables ... but camels would be a little bit hard

jkashmiri

of course yes  smile.png

sandy_storm

Yes, but usually on private land. Where you cannot be observed by men.

Praveen987

Be good and live good thats it  smile.png

At Ease

Hi. You speak freely about dinner dates, etc. Does that mean dates with the opposite sex or same sex? I ask because after some research I get the impression that cross-gender relationships among singles are a big no-no almost. Maybe you'd love to enlighten me, please?

Decentandone

I'm born and raised here. I work and go back home to sleep as pretty much nothing else to do. Else smoke sheesha, or coffee with cigarettes and a book. That's all. Life here. Though I have heard about compounds but never tried to visit them.

searnest79

now u live here

Decentandone

Yes I'm here in Riyadh.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Saudi Arabia

All of Saudi Arabia's guide articles