I moved to Puerto Princesa, Palawan

Hi there, Jackson and Kris, and thanks guys for your very kind responses.

Jackson, you ask good sensible questions, but I feel we have inadequate experience now to respond very well to your questions. My wife and I are mainly into extended family life and so now tend to avoid places and activities that are normal for holiday makers.

Sorry mate, can't help you much. However of course we have visited the popular visitor spots years ago, like most everyone does, and these are all well worth-while of course. Such places include the Underground River, (the main attraction), Bakers hill, Puerto Cathedral, the prison farm, the crocodile farm, CocoLoco, El Nido, and Coron etc.

We are in Australia currently, otherwise I might suggest meeting up with you guys and showing you around a bit. However, it really is a lovely place, and we are sure you will enjoy your stay.

And Kris, you have truly wonderful aspirations indeed, and we hope you find a way to make it happen my friend. One idea you might like is that there exists there a number of special schools for variously disabled kiddies. We have met some of the volunteers and they are indeed wonderful people. I'm sure you could do a power of good with any such involvement in the area. The variously disabled children are really quite adorable.

Good on you Kris for wanting to help in some way. Any time you spent on this beautiful island and helping children or anyone in need in any such way would indeed certainly be memorable time very well-spent. They are always looking for volunteers. Anyway, just a thought my friend.

Cheers gents!

Hello PalawOne

My name is Michel. I am a cook and I would like to live and work in Palawan.

On internet, I found

1) the amount of rent of housing located on this island.

2) the amount of real estate located on this island.

But, on the internet, I was unable to find the respective answer to the following two questions :

1) What is the average price of a 1,000 square meter or one acre or one hectare building lot ( any of these will do for me ), located around a small village in Palawan that is far from the sea and is far from the major cities in Palawan, in 2023, for a foreigner who wants to buy it legally for 25 years ?

2) What is the average monthly rent of a land in the same location and of the same area, in 2023 ?

My objective is to know if I have the budget to carry out my professional project in Palawan by buying or renting a land.

Thank you.

Best regards

Michel

Hello PalawOne
My name is Michel. I am a cook and I would like to live and work in Palawan ...
1) What is the average price of a 1,000 square meter or one acre or one hectare building lot ( any of these will do for me ), located around a small village in Palawan that is far from the sea and is far from the major cities in Palawan, in 2023, for a foreigner who wants to buy it legally for 25 years ?
2) What is the average monthly rent of a land in the same location and of the same area, in 2023 ?
My objective is to know if I have the budget to carry out my professional project in Palawan by buying or renting a land. Thank you. Best regards Michel -@michelsergent2008

Hi there Michel,

Good on you for joining the forum and doing your research regarding living and working in the Philippines before actually coming here.

Might one say, as a foreign-trained cook/chef, for sure you will have few problems obtaining good employment nearly anywhere in the Philippines, and probably even have a good choice of positions in nearly any of the popular locations on Palawan. A rough guess of starting salary maybe 20k - 40k peso per month clear?

However, regarding your plans to buy property, unfortunately that is legally quite difficult ..

For example: (quote)

• "Foreigners are prohibited from owning land in the Philippines, but can legally own a residence.

• The Philippine Condominium Act allows foreigners to own condo units, as long as 60% of the building is owned by Filipinos.

• If you want to buy a house, consider a long-term lease agreement with a Filipino landowner.

• You can also purchase a property through a corporation, provided its ownership is 60% or more by Filipino citizens.

As above, you can lease land. "Under the Investor's Lease Act of the Philippines, a foreign national can enter into a lease agreement with a Filipino landowner for a long-term lease with an initial period of up to 50 years, with a one-time option to renew for 25 years." Or, obviously, you can marry here and then your wife can buy and own land

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-finance/103015/buying-house-philippines-howto-guide.asp

In regards to a wife buying a hectare of land, away from most built-up areas, a rough guide will be around something like 400,000 peso per hectare here on Palawan.

We don't know how much to lease land. We don't know anyone leasing land on Palawan, but we're aware that it is legally possible, as per the quote.

Anyway, once again, good on you re your plans. They sound exciting, and we wish you much success Michel.

Hello

My name is Michel. I am a cook and I would like to live and work in Palawan.

On internet, I found

1) the amount of rent of housing located on this island.

2) the amount of real estate located on this island.

But, on the internet, I was unable to find the respective answer to the following two questions :

My objective is to know if I have the budget to carry out my professional project in Palawan by buying or renting a land.

Thank you.

Best regards

Michel

Hello michel,

Looks like there is another post with the same text as you have above.

The post title is:

What is the price of land for a foreigner ?

You have posted the same exact text at least 3 times. Are you a robot?

What gives?