AMC Hungary showing Walking Dead?

Hello everyone,

I was looking forward to the new season of Walking Dead on AMC. I have that channel on my cable with UPC in english! But it did not come on Sunday! Then i heard in UK it was coming on today Feb 15 at 9pm but it did not come then either!

If anyone knows when it comes on please let me know!

Not sure, do not like Zombie shows, get to see enough real Zombies everyday whenever I leave the house.
I know when I was paying for English tv shoes in Hungary they did not follow the same weekly programs as in the US.
Netflix has that show but probably not the latest season.
One of the things about living in an other country not the same programs on the tv.
AMC used to only show movies that were either classics or over 30 to 40 years old .
The cable tv shows in Hungary with UPC are not good.
You can pay and have real time tv overseas if you check it out online.
I have forgotten the name of the site but if you type in US tv overseas or words to that effect it should come up for you.
Their packages were pricey, over $140 and up per month depending on how many channels you signed up for.
Not worth it to me, you can always find free movies on U tube.
I knew a American women in Budapest that had a special nice control box where she picked up real time US tv shows all current times.
She watched Oprah etc. in the evening, all times were US.
Her husband worked for the CIA or was some sort of high up military guy so they were able to get the box on a US base in Germany.
This was years back before that tv service was running.
I was slightly jealous of her since she could watch anything in the US whenever she wanted to with that box.
They also have something called a Sling box but you need to buy it at a electronic store in the US and have someone in the states set it up over their cable to connect you online with the signal.
That box is cheap, around $100. at Fry's, just having someone set you up is the hard part.
So basically the cable may be AMC in HUngary but the programs are different then in the US or UK.
I thought the programs that were offered in Hungary that aired in English were rather bad so we quit it, only use the cable for the internet, husband only watches football in HU and not all that often.

We used to pay for a VPN monthly to pick up our US Netflix, use Hula now instead to get the signal.
I believe Hungary now offers  Netflix locally, have not looked into that, might not be in English, would be nice to find out though.

I'm also interested watching the new season. I watched them all so far on Netflix.

Yes, there's Netflix now locally and it's in English, but they offer different titles than in the US. I found that out by watching a movie on my tablet when I wasn't at home (on my wireless Internet) and I only got halfway with it, then when I got home I connected to my (vpn) modem and Netflix wouldn't let me finish watching. There was a pop up message saying something like the title wasn't available in my region.

Thanks for the update on Netflix,guess for now I'll stick with my US version.

FeliciaOni wrote:

Hello everyone,

I was looking forward to the new season of Walking Dead on AMC. I have that channel on my cable with UPC in english! But it did not come on Sunday! Then i heard in UK it was coming on today Feb 15 at 9pm but it did not come then either!

If anyone knows when it comes on please let me know!

It's the same season as last year. They just split it into two parts.

Anyway,  Episode 9 of Season 6 (the latest one aka S06E09) was broadcast last night on the Fox channel (it was in English).  They also repeated Episode 8 before it.  Started about 0100h (1am) or so.   There are some billboards around I've seen showing Rick Grimes and the crew are back for more zombie mayhem. 

I saw quotes on various sites that it was a bad episode but personally I thought it was pretty good. 
There are surprises - no-one is spared by The Walking Dead.

The Fox channel? I will have to see if i have that one.

I did purchase a VPN but after over a month i still have not gotten it working, i did get an email saying they changed the info so i will try it again. I miss my USA Netflix so many shows i want to catch up on. I just have been so busy!

But thanks everyone for the info!

FeliciaOni wrote:

The Fox channel? I will have to see if i have that one.

I did purchase a VPN but after over a month i still have not gotten it working, i did get an email saying they changed the info so i will try it again. I miss my USA Netflix so many shows i want to catch up on. I just have been so busy!

But thanks everyone for the info!

Looks like Fox TV is only on the Magyar Telekom IPTV platform.  But it's not a major issue,  all the major shows are  easily available for download or on YouTube - all free.  Not that I would condone any illicit sharing.

The VPN provider changed the set up a bit but it's no problem either.  They changed it - I suppose - because the providers were getting wise to their IP addresses being used by VPN users.  Works absolutely fine for me.  Just follow their instructions and to quote Tony Soprano etc, bada bing bada boom, you can stream.