Menu
Expat.com

Odd request... But are there any expat STAND UP COMEDIANDS in RIYADH?

Last activity 31 March 2016 by mahnut

LindsayLouise

Okay, so compound life can be a little dull sometimes and we need a little entertainment.

I'd like to try and organise a Stand up comedy night on our British based compound. Are there any expat comedians out there that do go from compound to compound that will perform comedy?

Probably not many, if any at all, but had to check!

Thanks!

Oops... Apologies for spelling error in the title... Comedians smile.png

nigelgodfrey

Great idea!
I'm due to arrive Jubail mid April for 2 years. Hope someone like you is there to do likewise! Are British compounds like yours 'no-go zones' as regards the religious police? ie 'what happens in the compound stays in the compound' - as long as you sleep off any effects before venturing out.....if you see what I mean....

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security
friendly1

Hi
Contact at hr_orbit@hotmail.com.
I am sure they can provide you one of the best.

hamudi

there are some local stand up comedians here in Jeddah Comedy Club but it's mainly in Arabic, at times they throw in a bit of English. You can check with them.

Akprince

You will be lucky if could you find some in English, most of in Arabic language.

mahnut

Hi lindsay...well there are no stand up comedian shows in KSA on a regular basis. The best place to find one would be either in Bahrain or UAE. There is a famous stand up comedy show called the chuckle club their next show is in Dubai may 7th and 8th at the movenpick hotel Ibn battua.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Riyadh

All of Riyadh's guide articles