Firstly, Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it.

Don't know how many of you (if any) use Skype out there, but I am having a problem connecting today.  It's working fine in other countries that I have texted and all my internet is working with no problems.

It let me connect around 6pm but since 6:30pm it's hasn't come back... 

Can anyone who uses it please tell me if you can connect and call out !!  This is my life line to home and I would go insane without it (Well more insane) lol :lol::D

Thanks for your time :)

ST

Really not connected untilnow

Slap and Tickle wrote:

Firstly, Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it.

Don't know how many of you (if any) use Skype out there, but I am having a problem connecting today.  It's working fine in other countries that I have texted and all my internet is working with no problems.

It let me connect around 6pm but since 6:30pm it's hasn't come back... 

Can anyone who uses it please tell me if you can connect and call out !!  This is my life line to home and I would go insane without it (Well more insane) lol :lol::D

Thanks for your time :)

ST

We have been using Skype for our business and have been using it everyday since the last 3 years never had any issue, proly some problem with your connection

I am also having problems and checked their help site.  They say that some users are having difficulties logging on and they are trying to fix the problem.  They provide some possible fixes on the site.  Hopefully it will be resolved soon. Good luck!

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/2 … -goes-out/

Check this out..

You're right.  It's 8:35AM on Thursday, December 23, and while there is no problem logging in or chatting, the 'call' button is grayed out.

Yesterday there was problem in skype. Today Its ok with me. I am talking with my frendz on skype now. Time 10:35am 23rd December.

10:35 Thursday, December 23: I just made a phone call from skype
10:35 Thursday, December 23: It's back

During the BB ban there was rumors that Gtalk and skype would be next..

Whew! good thing that neither of them happened.

But skype was working completely fine late last night and today morning. hmm..

Never had any issue with Skype, maybe you have some problem with your connection.

The Queen wrote:

Never had any issue with Skype, maybe you have some problem with your connection.

No, queen, Skype issued an announcement that there were problems but it's not his connection.

But as sly said, the problem has been cleared up now so happy skyping!!

Hey All.. Kinda new here. Nice to be a part of the gang..

Nothing in relation to skype's connection issues.. (I hope) but I came across a very interesting bit of news about a week back.. My brother works for KAUST down in Thuwal.. (Close the Jeddah if you didnt know where that is.. I didnt :(.. anyway)..

He showed me an email he sent to skype support asking when skype video would be out for the iphone.. and skype first asked him his location which was you know what.. to which the rep from skype responded saying skype and it's services are banned in the kingdom of saudi arabia.. (well what do you know..)

Was a shocker for me.. :| don't know bout everyone else..

Just for the information of the group. The paid Skype users got 7 days of extra subscription and 1 Dollar Skype call time.

This was due to the technical service disruption late last month.