BOOTS PHARMACY comes to Riyadh

Hey, thought some of you may appreciate this:

At last, Boots Pharmacy opens its doors at the Sahara Mall, I will be checking it out this week!  Yay! :D:top::thanks:  Who said Riyadh can't be progressive! :/

Berocca!

MaserMan wrote:

Berocca!

and the same to you! LOL :lol:

I do hope they will also open up Foyles Bookstore

They opened Radio shack with a fraction of the inventory and none of which I wanted!! urgggh!! I am not too optimistic!

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

At last, Boots Pharmacy opens its doors at the Sahara Mall, I will be checking it out this week!  Yay! :D:top::thanks:  Who said Riyadh can't be progressive! :/

That's very sad news

I applied there just a few weeks ago and didnt know that there operations were starting so soon.

slyshooter wrote:
gowiththeflowUK wrote:

That's very sad news

Sly, why is this very sad news? :huh: enlighten me, did I miss something?

RedGoblin wrote:

They opened Radio shack with a fraction of the inventory and none of which I wanted!! urgggh!! I am not too optimistic!

Hey Red, at least they are here now, as to how the store develops will be down to pure economics, 'supply & demand', so if you want to see different things on shelves, lobby, lobby, lobby; its the only way :)

whats the specialty of Boots Pharmacy?? :s sorry ppl if it seems offensive to anyone :p

@Zain, it is not offensive for you to ask something that will help you understand or form an opinion; ask away.

I am sure others will respond on this, but from my perspective I think it is more of a 'British' thing in so far as the expectation will be it will have brands and products that the British are familar with and like.  Boots are a Chemist, which includes a Pharmacy but much more, the High Street branches have sections for:  Holiday goods, Photography, Health & Beauty, Home goods, Toys & Games, Children & Baby, etc. 

So, for many this will or may mean nothing at all and when they go to Boots, they may think "what was all the fuss about, there are better stores in town than this"?  But, for some, they will be as delighted as I was with the news.  :D

@Red, I hope I don't get disappointed, but I hear what your saying and am electing to be optimistic :/

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

Hey Red, at least they are here now, as to how the store develops will be down to pure economics, 'supply & demand', so if you want to see different things on shelves, lobby, lobby, lobby; its the only way :)

Lobbying since I have seen the store!! :D
But still havent got some of the electronic tid bits that I wanted.. ended up ordering from the net. Found the hard way that sometimes, Saudi customs can take a long long loooong time.. 3 months and still counting. :(
Hmm..

NO WAY!!! I'm sooo going tomorrow!! :P

gowiththeflowUK wrote:

If it's anything like Boots in Bahrain and Dubai the range is small but lots of their own brand toiletries and shampoos which I love, well worth checking out though! :top:

gowiththeflowUK wrote:
slyshooter wrote:
gowiththeflowUK wrote:

That's very sad news

Sly, why is this very sad news? :huh: enlighten me, did I miss something?

I wanted to be part of their operational team

@Sly, oh, sorry that you missed that one, it's clearly their loss

just for info...
if UK has Boots Pharmacy, its counterpart in asia is WATSONS.

@ gowiththeflowUK: ohhhkay...thanks for the brief intro of Boots :),

xain wrote:

@ gowiththeflowUK: ohhhkay...thanks for the brief intro of Boots :),

Your welcome :)