Living in Dubai

Is there a website that lists all the Recruitment companies based in Dubai and Middle East? I have tried to find some but am not having much luck. Would love a website that just lists them all!

There are many threads about jobs in Dubai on this forum.. Several of them have links to a website... Know that recruitment companies in the UAE are like mushrooms. 100 new every day.
Have a look at this post

p.

Yes.. that's what I thought that there were about 100 new daily!
However, I'm sure there must be a definitive list of them all somewhere online... Just cannot find it!

To ltdrecruitment, there is a website called weknowdubai.com, if you go there and click on the employment link it will give a 7 page list of recruitment agencies:)

To anyone with input, I am still looking for info on securing a nursing position in a Dubai hospital..
Any help will be appreciated

-Zero- wrote:

I know a woman living in Dubai with his husband, a pilot who flies for Emirates airlines. She told me that she has to wear a veil when she's not in the touristic parts of the city, wich is not very pleasant. However, when she's going in more popular places for tourists, she doesn't have to wear a veil.

Although Dubai is somewhat better than other middle east places, there is still religeous control on women.

Hi -Zero-
I am sure she is mistaken. women so not have to wear anything particularly conservative in dubai. I have been there many times and western women wear watever they like! besides there is an 80% expatriate polulation in dubai now!

The only countries in the middle east where you have to cover your hair and wear a long black gown(abbaya) are  saudi arabia and Iran. ppl are very behind in saudi arabia and women don't even drive or vote!
but that is certainly not the case for all middle eastern places!! and i hope you don't think so. i am from egypt and i am living there now. I have travelled around the middle east quite a bit so let me know if you have any questions about the region. culture or religions.

however i am going to move to canada soon. i am hoping to be able to complete my studies there. tell me about the costs of university education and living expenses in canada please?????

GiGi. I am studying in Toronto Canada.. The cost of education for International students is quite expensive. 2.5 times the local.. I pay around $5000/yr so u could do the math. However, the education here is good..Some of the top universities in Toronto are: Uni of Toronto, Mcmaster, Waterloo. It really depends what you want to study. Cost of living here is also quite expensive. You can share a room with amenities for almost $600 plus ur groceries and social life. So it is expensive here but after i think itll worth it b/c of the education.

T/C

i think its the other way around....good for living but not for work...as i seen so far!

Julien wrote:

Hi,

We don't speak enough about this destination. What do you think about Dubai? I heard several times (but that's for sure a cliché) that it's a very good place to work but not a good place to live. What do you think about it?

Hi

I'd like more information on living and working in Dubai for women.

My partner has the option to work for Emirates airline , hes a pilot, however I have a well paid Account management job in the UK for a large bluechip company, and Im wondering what my employment options would be out there.

Would I be able to work and achieve the same as in the west? I dont really want to move to a country where there are limitations on what I can to, being a kept women just isnt for me lol.

Thanks , Anna

Anna, there are plenty of jobs for women, well paid ones too, and there are many international blue chip companies here. But you've hit the nail on the head when you ask whether you could achieve the same result (or better, presumably) than you already have.

There's no definitive answer because the salary packages vary so much from company to company, industry to industry. It certainly isn't the place it once was for making money.

Accommodation is the big expense but I guess your partner would have accommodation provided by Emirates. Apart from the salary question your problem would be the residence visa. Your partner cannot sponsor you - only married couples can do that. So you would need to find your own employment and the employer would then sponsor you.

My suggestion is always that people come on a holiday to check the place out, see some companies, get a feel for the packages and the lifestyle before taking the plunge.

Been in Dubai for about 3 weeks now and live in Sharja, is there a U.S. Embassy anywhere in Dubai. Have seen nothing but dust and traffic since I have been here. Everyone says tomorrow, I will do tomorrow and it never gets done. Just venting I guess. Would love to meet some americans or at the least someone who speaks fluent english. Am flying for a local airline.  Bill

I currently reside in the U.S and am under consideration for a position with Nakheel.  Will need to relocate my wife and two son's. 
Are  items such as bi-annual airfare (entire family), housing and school (both kids) automatically assumed to be part of an expat 'package' or is everything a negotiation? 
It seems that you need $200,000 ($734,000 AED) to live comfortably.  Are my assumptions accurate?

Uperman, the US Embassy is in Abu Dhabi and there's a Consulate in Dubai. There are 20,000 Americans here, plus tens of thousands of other English-speaking expats, so I'm sure you can catch up with some. There are also American schools, colleges, university, the Business Council, sports clubs...

expat2b, apart from what is included in the country's labour laws nothing is automatic, you need to negotiate the package individually. The two big expenses are accommodation and schooling so make sure you get those included.

Your figure of $200,000 to live comfortably is way too high, you can live comfortably on much less than that. But obviously go for the biggest package you can get.

Wow this all sounds like a very welcome change for me! I've lived in Johannesburg, South Africa for some three years now and that seems like a completely different world! Originally from the Netherlands I didn't grow up with words like "car hijackings", "security barriers", "Electric fencing", etc. in my vocabulary - in SA that's quite different.

I have a preliminary offer to move to the UAE and I've been reading most of the posts here to get a feel for what to expect. All your posts and replies have been most helpful and I think it all gave me a pretty good impression of the place (horrible traffic, very hot, but booming, international and exciting at the same time, how does that sum it up?)

Thanks so far and I'll definitely be back when I'm getting closer to making a decision on a move to the UAE.

Well, I wish you the best of luck for your decision and job. :)

Hi
Im moving to Dubai soon because my dads getting work out there and I decided i want to go with him, but Im a bit worried about if I will like it or not... so can anyone tell me what it's like living there thanks
xxx:)

Im moving to Dubai soon because my dads getting work out there and I decided i want to go with him, but Im a bit worried about if I will like it or not...

Becca, sorry you did not get any response earlier.
I lived in Dubai for about 5 years. It is a cosmopolitan city, few restrictions on what expats can and can not do, no more than in any other city in the world. Security is above normal. There are plenty of expats living in Dubai (only 10% or so are Emiratis). It is busy, loads of traffic, plenty of stuff to do in your spare time.
Life is expensive, but for those who have the means, you can do plenty.
Accommodation is there in all forms and shapes, but expensive.

It is HOT in the summer months, quite enjoyable Oct-April.

That would be it in a nutshell, I think.

Peter

What would 180000/yr get me for housing off the island?

What would 180000/yr get me for housing off the island?

I would not know... When I left in 2006, no houses were available for rent on the Palms...

P.

Hi my name is ruby,

I am currently plannng to move to duabi to work and live there. I have am undergraduate degree from the USA in political science. I have been trying to get a job online and no response yet. Planning on just going there and take my chances in the job market there. Any suggestions on how much to take and what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah if anyone would like to email me a response, my email address is

ruby90046@hotmail.com

P.S. Would there be a difficulty in getting a job if you have a mexican passport

Would there be a difficulty in getting a job if you have a mexican passport

There are so many nationalities living in Dubai that it does not matter...

Quite some companies from South America started to move in Dubai. When you look for a job, you might have a look in that business area.

Peter