Menu
Expat.com

A bit more about Bahrain Visa

Last activity 01 April 2021 by XTang

hussain017

Hi,

So I have stayed in UAE from 2013 - 2016 to the point where I got a better offer in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and I stayed here 2016-2017. My contract was an year long with a renewable clause however, I decided not to go ahead with it since it wasn't worth it. However, my employer turned out to be not happy with decisions and held my passport to the final day when my visa expired.
I have a job offer from Bahrain, certainly better than Malaysia and UAE one. I have some confusion about Bahrain Employment Visa.
I have an understanding that my Bahrain employer will do my visa after I provide all the documents. Lets assume that visa has been applied in Bahrain by employer and it came out fine. Now I am in Malaysia:
1. Can I just directly fly from Malaysia to Bahrain?
2. If yes, how come I will fly from Malaysia to Bahrain without a visa on my passport?
3. During this whole process of employer applying visa, and me flying to Bahrain, will it involve Bahrain Embassy at any stage?
4. Does Bahrain employment visa works like a UAE visa?

I will appreciate if someone can answer these questions as forums are lacking this material

Regards

logicalindian

Hi,

1. Can I just directly fly from Malaysia to Bahrain?
Sure you can.

2. If yes, how come I will fly from Malaysia to Bahrain without a visa on my passport?
Two options: 1. You could apply for a evisa (https://www.evisa.gov.bh/VISA/visaInput … &A0S=a) based on your nationality you can see what is available to you.
                        2. Your potential employer either applies for visit visa for your Or he could also apply for a wok visa (he will send a copy of the same)

3. During this whole process of employer applying visa, and me flying to Bahrain, will it involve Bahrain Embassy at any stage?
No,

4. Does Bahrain employment visa works like a UAE visa?
Not sure what you mean here.

T&R

Sajidrealtor

If your UAE visa is still valid you can come to Bahrain as Transit and can avail the on arrival visa, recently mt friends came from UAE they have to go to KSA stayed here two weeks .

XTang

On point 2, your employer will send you an electronic copy of your visa which you can print out and use to get on the plane.

On point 3, yes it can involve the Bahrain Embassy for document attestation e.g. if your degree has been issued from Malaysia.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Bahrain

• Visas for Bahrain
    Visas for Bahrain

Almost all travellers to Bahrain require a visa, with the exception of passport holders from the GCC (Gulf ...

• Getting married in Bahrain
    Getting married in Bahrain

Bahrain allows anyone who resides in the country to get married, irrespective of nationality or religion. The ...

• Driving in Bahrain
    Driving in Bahrain

Expats love the freedom and convenience of driving, and many choose to purchase or rent their own car. But, ...

• Opening a bank account in Bahrain
    Opening a bank account in Bahrain

Opening a local bank account is essential for receiving your salary. The Wage Protection System (WPS) is designed ...

• Relocating with your pets to Bahrain
    Relocating with your pets to Bahrain

One of the decisions to make when relocating to a foreign country is what to do about pets. For many expats, there ...

• Starting a business in Bahrain
    Starting a business in Bahrain

According to the World Bank Group report for 2019, Bahrain lies 3rd out of 20 nations, for ease of doing business ...

• Studying in Bahrain
    Studying in Bahrain

The universities and colleges in Bahrain are too numerous to mention. The majority are Bahrain institutions, but ...

• Healthcare in Bahrain
    Healthcare in Bahrain

Bahrain has world-class medical facilities, health professionals, and easy access to medical treatments. Public ...

All of Bahrain's guide articles