Recognition of foreign qualifications in the Cayman Islands

Hello everyone,

Were your professional qualifications recognised in the Cayman Islands? What country did you complete your qualifications in? What profession are you in?

Did you have to go through any formalities to get your qualifications recognised, such as to have them translated?

If your qualifications weren't recognised, were there any additional tests or exams you had to complete before you were able to practice your profession in the Cayman Islands or continue with your studies?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

I would suggest you go to the website www.caymannewresident.com as that is an overarching resource for most the the many questions you have added to the list on Expat.com. 

Cayman does not really invite people to immigrate here unless they are very wealthy or have a specific profession that is needed by an employer who has already agreed to hire you and pay expensive "work permit" fees. That is not meant to discourage you, but unfortunately is the case.

I would suggest coming here to check out the work environment and the island in general.  Yes, the cost of living his very high because everything is imported and the government places a 27% customs fee on nearly everything, including food and medicine. People from the US and Canada find Cayman shockingly expensive. There are some exceptions of course, like all of your household goods when you immigrate here (including car). I mention car, because you will find a car to be a must, unless you live within walking distance of your employment.

Camana Bay is a huge, modern office, shopping, entertainment and residential place in the "7 Mile Beach" area and is very nice, especially if you can live and work there. 

Again, the two best words of advice "Come here first, and caymannewresident.com are the best advice I can give you.

Welcome, and Good Luck!