Menu
Expat.com

French courses

Last activity 25 February 2013 by philippelyon

Milica

Hey

Is anyone taking a French cours in Alliance Francaise or Universite Catholique in Lyon?

I'm planning to take the preparation for C1 course next year, and I would like to hear some opinions/experiences first. I'm not sure what's the best place to enroll, so any advice is helpful...thanks

Anj

Hello...I took an 8 week course at Alliance Francaise as a part of my visa requirement. The instructors were great and the lessons were well structured. I felt I got a lot out of it. Of course I am by no means fluent but it provided me with a good base to start.

Milica

Thanks a lot for sharing smile.png I'm still thinking about it, but I will take a DELF or DALF test in June just to see where I stand and then I'll decide...I'd like to know about the Catholic University as well, so if anyone ever heard about them and their courses, let me know smile.png

jayde.clements

Hi Milica

I enrolled at Universite Lumiere Lyon 2 yesterday, for 2 semesters, to study French with the CIEF. I found it cheaper than the Catholic uni and much, much cheaper than any private language centres. As I won't be able to work in France whilst studying, cost was a major factor for me!

It was remarkably easy and quick to enrol - it took about 20 minutes at the uni - I just hope it's as easy to organise my study visa! The website is

http://cief.univ-lyon2.fr/

if you want to check it out smile.png

Milica

Thanx a lot for the suggestion!

Well, I'm still waiting to see if I'll be able to get a titre de sejour as an au pair next year...if not, I'll have to find a course which can enable  me to prolong it in June...I'll have this option in mind smile.png If you have any more comments later on, please contact me... thanx

philippelyon

[Moderated: please post in the classifieds section]

Articles to help you in your expat project in Lyon

• Study in Lyon
    Study in Lyon

Lyon, situated between the sea and the mountains, is renowned for its rich two-thousand-year history and ...

• Study in France
    Study in France

France is globally renowned for its excellent education system. With top-tier schools and universities that are ...

• What should I do in my first TEFL lesson?
    What should I do in my first TEFL lesson?

The first lesson with your TEFL student is extremely important as it will set the tone.

• Working in Lyon
    Working in Lyon

Lyon, France's third-largest city, sits at the crossroads between northern and southern Europe. Bordered by a ...

• Accommodation in Lyon
    Accommodation in Lyon

Lyon is a vibrant economic center that is important both nationally and across Europe. The region offers lots of ...

• Apartment Hunting in Lyon
    Apartment Hunting in Lyon

It is very difficult to find an apartment in Lyon, even more so if you are a foreigner. I looked frantically for 3 ...

• Things to see and to do in Lyon
    Things to see and to do in Lyon

Lyon is a prominent city in France, renowned as the country's gastronomic capital with a number of highly ...

• Getting around Lyon
    Getting around Lyon

Lyon is readily accessible from Paris via the TGV, France's high-speed train network. Once in the city, you ...

All of Lyon's guide articles