Moving to Norway

Hi
I`m a EU citizen and planning to move to Norway maybe in May or June.
I will probably be looking for unskilled jobs like in Cafes or shops since my Norwegian isnt that good.
I need the following info

How do I get a 1-room flat in Norway. Is it like in Germany where i not only have to pay ,say ,250 Euro rent plus 3 months rent deposit,plus Cold ren(kaltmiete) and even pay Real Estate agent fee, which in the end might amount to 1300 Euros in the first month, or is it less bureacratic?

What do I need before start looking for a job?
How much on average do one earns in Cafe jobs and how much do you normally pay for 1 room flat?

thanks
Paulo

Welcome on Expat.com Paulo ;)

I hope that other forumers will bring their input to your several queries soon. Concerning you accommodation, you can also post a customized advert on the Norway Classifieds>Accommodation.

Regards

from the comments by an Kiwisteph girl it can be very difficult.She tried to get a job for 6 months to no avail.
I wonder if that was due to her being non-EU member or because she looked for top jobs?
Is it normally that difficult for a foreigner?

thanks

It is. A friend of mine, from France, settled in Norway with her norwegian boyfriend. She found a job...three years later.

Don't panic though. Try hard, and be persuasive :)

HERVER wrote:

It is. A friend of mine, from France, settled in Norway with her norwegian boyfriend. She found a job...three years later.

Don't panic though. Try hard, and be persuasive :)

Does that apply to the lesser jobs like Waiting or Cafe? Does it take long to get one of those?

thanks

Well, it really depends...but I would say yes. If you can norwegian, it's ok. However, if you want to move to Oslo or Bergen, rents are incredibly high there and I'm not sure whether a waiter's wage could cover all costs (especially in Oslo).

If you don't speak Norwegian, you can still find opportunities in fisheries or industrial bakeries for instance. Try the NAV website and include these key words to your search :)