Expat.com

Question Of The Day

Last activity 15 August 2017 by farhan.1996.saif

Alliecat
Rana sadiq wrote:

my list
       1.my husband
       2.husband's smile
3.my family(mother,father,sis,bro, their kids)                         
       4.internet
       5.visiting shopping mall and restaurants

monaliza, are you also using the screen name Rana sadiq??  or do you just have an identical list of things you can't live without? lol  Actually, in your post, internet is ranked higher than family!

monaliza786

oh yes by mistake internet rank higher i will correct it and my list almost smillar to ranasadiq it's an coincidence.
              thanks.

Ssuperman
Ackeles wrote:

since Maya not here and no one asked any questions .. ill take her place for now and ill ask one big_smile.png

If you were a character on a tv show, which one would you be?

Michael Scott, show "the Office" (American version)

shmally

1-My mother
2-Kick boxing
3-My friend
4-My country
5-my mobile

RedGoblin

MY my.. the way people keep adding stuff here. First it was simple, then some heavy stuff, gender and all that.. and then we are back to what this thread stands for- simple nonsensical questions, for everyone to laugh about.. smile.png I wonder where the thread intiator is in all of this..

So if all of you are alright with it I will ask a question.. tongue.png in the spirit of the thread.
If you were to be elected as the President of the US, what would be the first thing you would do?

DeputyOfL
toolzi wrote:
RedGoblin wrote:

MY my.. the way people keep adding stuff here. First it was simple, then some heavy stuff, gender and all that.. and then we are back to what this thread stands for- simple nonsensical questions, for everyone to laugh about.. smile.png I wonder where the thread intiator is in all of this..

So if all of you are alright with it I will ask a question.. tongue.png in the spirit of the thread.
If you were to be elected as the President of the US, what would be the first thing you would do?

Instead of buying weapons and making wars around the world, I could use that huge amount of money for poor and homeless people.

Giorgi u r the hippie man!
U have no chance, even to be a candidate of presidency.

Sing it babyyy smile.png))

You, you may say
Im a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one

DeputyOfL
toolzi wrote:
DeputyOfL wrote:
toolzi wrote:

Instead of buying weapons and making wars around the world, I could use that huge amount of money for poor and homeless people.

Giorgi u r the hippie man!
U have no chance, even to be a candidate of presidency.

Sing it babyyy smile.png))

You, you may say
Im a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will live as one

dreamer, dreamerrrrrr smile.png))))

I'm a happy dreamer, i believe in love smile.png

slyshooter
toolzi wrote:

I'm a happy dreamer
I believe in love
I'm a happy dreamer
Guess I'm not the only one
I'm a happy dreamer
I believe in love and me
I'm a happy dreamer

I'm a happy dreamer
I believe in love
I'm a happy dreamer
Guided by the stars above
I'm a happy dreamer
I believe in love can change the world

I'm a happy dreamer
I believe in love
I'm a happy dreamer
Looking out for the sun
I'm a happy dreamer
I believe in love can change the world

დუნციკი დუნციკი smile.png)))))))))))))

yikes.pngyikes.pngyikes.pngyikes.pngyikes.png

slyshooter
RedGoblin wrote:

Invade more countries

Ackeles

O.o!

Alliecat

It always amazes me that people from countries that take hand-outs from the US are so quick to criticize. 

Yeah, Red Goblin, that was a "simple, nonsensical question for people to laugh at" roll.png  Like you didn't know that you were provoking.

borntobemild

EYYYY!!!

with love,

the fonz!

Mansour AlYami

Well, if I am to be choosen as an American president I would visit as many poor countries as I can, listen to people and their demands, and as a super power, I would do the best to my ability to spread peace and will contribute to the welfare of the less fortunate countries. I know what I said is might be already in the American foreign policies, but will take much care of that.

slyshooter
Alliecat wrote:

It always amazes me that people from countries that take hand-outs from the US are so quick to criticize. 

Yeah, Red Goblin, that was a "simple, nonsensical question for people to laugh at" roll.png  Like you didn't know that you were provoking.

Not good Alliecat, I don't want to debate with u here, but you shouldn't have said that

Alliecat

If you want to chastise somebody, it should be the one who brought up this topic (surely he wasn't so innocent not to know what he was starting).

I'm not about to sit here and allow my country to be insulted.  I am sure you would feel the same if it were about Pakistan or wherever it is you're from.

slyshooter
Alliecat wrote:

If you want to chastise somebody, it should be the one who brought up this topic (surely he wasn't so innocent not to know what he was starting).

I'm not about to sit here and allow my country to be insulted.  I am sure you would feel the same if it were about Pakistan or wherever it is you're from.

Whatever, arguing with someone like you would be useless

Alliecat

Interesting how personally you took my remarks--that speaks for itself wink.png

Born2Network
Maya Maya wrote:

So the question for today is :
What Are The 5 Things That You Just Cant Live Without ?

1.  Family
2.  a good tattoo artist
3.  music
4.  a cold beer after a long hot day
5.  a good book on a quite afternoon

Born2Network

Wow, just goes to show I should read all the replies before posting......... some harsh stuff in this one....

Alliecat

But your post was very nice, BTN--why not post? Although having a tattoo artist as #2 surprised me.  You must really like your ink!

Born2Network

Hooked after the first one smile.png

RedGoblin
Alliecat wrote:

Touche!wink.png

Mansour AlYami

Good morning Everyone    I hope you are all having a nice day.
I have a question for you today.
Can you tell me in what situations should we lie in life?? Or you think we should be truthful all the time?
Regards

borntobemild
Alliecat wrote:

High-Five! U S A, U S A, U S A!

Born2Network
Mansour AlYami wrote:

Can you tell me in what situations should we lie in life?? Or you think we should be truthful all the time?
Regards

I believe that there are situations when bending the truth (or even flat out lying) is not only warranted, but necessary.  Take for example, if you are in combat, and your friend gets hit, and you know he is done for, you dont tell him so.  You lie to him and try to make him as calm and comfortable as possible.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Born2Network
borntobemild wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

High-Five! U S A, U S A, U S A!

Home of the free because of the brave.....

borntobemild

land of the free and the home of the brave but your version works too!

Mansour AlYami

Hi everyone
I have a question tonight that is what invention you wish it hasn't been invented, and why?
For me, I wish there are no mobile phones on earth because it replaces the social visits, and thus weakens the social ties.
what do you think?

nzpounamu

Mansour AlYami wrote:

Regards

I think lying is wrong...unless you have a good reason for it.

Is it possible to completely truthfull all the time?  Maybe I'll try that one week.

Born2Network

Unfortuantly, NZ, life can put you in situations that you never thought you'd be in, and can make you go against all your morals (lying included)....

nzpounamu

@ Born2Network
As I said, if you have good reason.  What constitutes good reason?  That depends on the situation you're in. 

Is a mother who tells her child his artwork on the fridge, that he is so proud of, is worth a million bucks but she won't sell it because she can't bear to part with it lying to her child?  Yes, but she is also showing him love and building his confidence? 

Is a man on the front line comforting an injured friend dying from combat wounds lying to him?  Yes, but he is also being humane.

Lying for no good reason is wrong.  Bending truth for a good reason is a differnt story.

Born2Network

Like I said, life has ways of making us do things that go against all we believe.....

Alliecat
Born2Network wrote:

Like I said, life has ways of making us do things that go against all we believe.....

I'd say that life has a way of making us see the shades of gray.  When young and idealistic, everything is black and white but as we age and experience life, we realize that is a lot inbetween smile.png

Mansour AlYami

Morning
I think we all make white lying for a human sake, and that is necessary and good at any age.

RedGoblin

Wookay, Next question.. simple and back to the basics..

If you could get into the guinness book of records, what record will you be breaking?

Alliecat
Mansour AlYami wrote:

I think we all make white lying for a human sake, and that is necessary and good at any age.

Not all lies are small or white.  Once I told a HUGE lie to get out of a speeding ticket.  Would I do it again?  IN A HEARTBEAT! lol.png

LoopyLou87
Alliecat wrote:

Not all lies are small or white.  Once I told a HUGE lie to get out of a speeding ticket.  Would I do it again?  IN A HEARTBEAT! lol.png

lol.pnglol.pnglol.png

Mansour AlYami

I would love to break the record of having kids; if there is a record for that.

Mansour AlYami
Alliecat wrote:
Mansour AlYami wrote:

Well, I think a lier is a lier, who lies in one case, is liable to lie once again. So I would say that white lying isn't lie because we do it to smoothe a certain situation. e.g when we reconcile between two friends, we might fabricate little stories to bring them back together. The most critical factor here is your intention. Are you lying to get a way of sth? (this is bad) or to make someone happy? or to contain a problem? all that is ok.

Maya Maya

ummm WHOA that's all i could say for the last 2 pages!!
i hope everyone had a great weekend wink.png
here is today's question!!

If tomorrow morning when you get up, you can't find people on the streets, in the city, or in the country and later you discover you are the only human being on the earth, what would you do ?

Articles to help you in your expat project in Riyadh

• Study in Riyadh
    Study in Riyadh

Saudi Arabia may not be one of the most well-known educational destinations. In fact, a lot of Saudi nationals do ...

• Working in Riyadh
    Working in Riyadh

As the capital city of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh is one of the biggest urban communities in the country and is home to ...

• Buying property in Riyadh
    Buying property in Riyadh

Even though Saudi Arabia has experienced significant changes in the past years, the local real estate market ...

• Compounds in Riyadh
    Compounds in Riyadh

Here is a listing of many (not all) of the compounds in Riyadh along with contact information.

• Things to do in Riyadh alone or with your crowd
    Things to do in Riyadh alone or with your crowd

Riyadh is one of the biggest and most beautiful cities in Saudi Arabia, with quite a bit to offer to expats in ...

• Getting a driver's license in Riyadh
    Getting a driver's license in Riyadh

As mentioned earlier, the purpose of writing the article is to inform expats who arrive in Saudi Arabia, ...

• Developing your social circle in Riyadh
    Developing your social circle in Riyadh

Moving to a new city is never easy, especially if you have chosen to leave your friends and family. Then comes the ...

• Discover Riyadh
    Discover Riyadh

Riyadh is considered the most beautiful city in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for many reasons, including the ...

All of Riyadh's guide articles