4- Thinking
5- Company of Good Ones

Regards,
rAzA.

Martin Fin wrote:
Maya Maya wrote:

Played a prank on someone?

Yes

Leaving someone else's business cards with bar girls in Bangkok. He couldn't understand why he was so popular……:-)

haha!

Abu_Adel wrote:

:offtopic: it's Maya Maya Thread not allie's :whistle:

It's mine, hers and everyone else on this blog. Again I don't really mind, this post is about getting 2 know each other and having a laugh :) Ty tho!

ghanshyampdave wrote:
Maya Maya wrote:

Played a prank on someone?

I was the last person to buy a mobile phone in my college. Bunch of friends only knew my number.
There was this really nerdy-nerd guy in the class. Me and my friends, we decided to mess with him. So we started texting him from my number pretending to be his school friend (a girl). We started off by telling that he was really handsome and all. It started getting very personal and exposed the wild fantasies of this nerd!! He never called during the two weeks of it..
;)
It blew the lid, when two weeks later, he accidentally met his school friend and she asked for his number immediately. But he has never got to know that it was my number :lol:

I bet he'll never forget that one; nor will me and my friends. :lol:

Meanieee!

I am so sorry you guys, I couldn't be online for while, had to take care of some stuff. I missed Y'all ;)) .. anyway I hope everyone is having a great vacation and for those who still in the kingdom I hope you are enjoying the heat :(!

ok let's get to business
If you had to give up one or the other, your dreams or your freedom, what would it be?

dreams. 

Unless my dream was freedom?

In all realness, in order to reach a dream, you have to have the freedom to reach said dream.  So it is kinda a chicken/egg scenario to me?

Maya Maya wrote:
Abu_Adel wrote:

:offtopic: it's Maya Maya Thread not allie's :whistle:

It's mine, hers and everyone else on this blog. Again I don't really mind, this post is about getting 2 know each other and having a laugh :) Ty tho!

I still have NO idea why he said that!

Oh.. and Maya.. so good to see you have returned!! :D

Alliecat wrote:

:) Abu replied to the below comment from saimans; trying to be bit witty calling your threads as full of pranks.

saimans wrote:

I was thinking that was a new set on of PRANKS !!! :lol:

Maya Maya wrote:

ok let's get to business
If you had to give up one or the other, your dreams or your freedom, what would it be?

Would give up Freedom, and Dream of getting it back !

Thanks for explaining that, TLL.  I've been 'buzzled' over it for a while now :lol:

Freedom/Dreams:  I have to agree with sushi on this one.  You need freedom to be able to pursue your dreams..unless, that is, you're dreaming of freedom.  And then it's going to require a fight!

Alliecat wrote:

Thanks for explaining that, TLL.  I've been 'buzzled' over it for a while now :lol:

Freedom/Dreams:  I have to agree with sushi on this one.  You need freedom to be able to pursue your dreams..unless, that is, you're dreaming of freedom.  And then it's going to require a fight!

Is this all about Independence / Freedom / War ??
Seems like everyone is still living in the spirits of "the 4th of July " :P

Freshlikesushi wrote:

dreams. 

Unless my dream was freedom?

In all realness, in order to reach a dream, you have to have the freedom to reach said dream.  So it is kinda a chicken/egg scenario to me?

If you only know my situation Freshlikesushi :P

Alliecat wrote:

Oh.. and Maya.. so good to see you have returned!! :D

Thank love :D it's so good to see you guys again :D

so what have you been up 2 ?
still in the kingdom?

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

:) Abu replied to the below comment from saimans; trying to be bit witty calling your threads as full of pranks.

saimans wrote:

Dude, where is the answer 2 my question :P

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

saimans wrote:

Thank you dude for you clarification, but actually I was talking about your digression (in red) which should be placed on the DIGRESSION thread. :rolleyes:

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Saviourshm wrote:

Wife.  Baby . iPad .car . Swiming

Ah... Why do people look at the very first page of the thread and answer; forgetting that there are 38 more darn pages? :/

Maya Maya wrote:

I definitely would choose DREAMS, because freedom is a subjective state.

Maya Maya wrote:

I would never give up on my Dreams (with open eyes) !! Freedom has to be a subset of Dream.... :)

Abu_Adel wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

saimans wrote:

Thank you dude for you clarification, but actually I was talking about your digression (in red) which should be placed on the DIGRESSION thread. :rolleyes:

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Saviourshm wrote:

Wife.  Baby . iPad .car . Swiming

Ah... Why do people look at the very first page of the thread and answer; forgetting that there are 38 more darn pages? :/

AHA!  So we now know what it means and it has nothing to do with anything *I* said but rather TLL!

Mystery solved.  Thanks, Abu_Adel!!

Maya Maya wrote:

:) If we get all the freedom we ever wished, that will keep us happy for a few days/months. Eventually we'll get fed up and will like to revert to our dreams.

What's the use of freedom without dreams? I'd prefer dreams over freedom.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

What's the use of freedom without dreams? I'd prefer dreams over freedom.

Okay, another one of my stories.  I used to have a job in the US that was about an hour's drive from my home. I would pass through farmland and one summer day, I noticed a person crouched down in an onion field, pulling up weeds.  This person--I thought it was a man--had his head covered with a cloth and straw hat on top but it was scorchingly hot, with the sun beating down.  It was a HUGE field and he was the only one working.

I drove past for weeks, and saw him crouched there. In a huge field.  By himself.  And I would find myself wondering about him, how uncomfortable he must be, how lonely.  I knew he had to be Mexican because they would migrate north for the farm work that no native American would do.

So.. day after day, week after week, he was in that field and it seemed it would be never ending.  As soon as he'd finish, he'd have to begin again (made me think of Sisyphus, from Greek mythology). It seemed a hopeless situation to me.

But I knew what kept him going:  his dreams.  He may not have had 'freedom,' per se (although he was free to leave, financially I guess he couldn't) but he had freedom of thought, of mind,  which enabled him to dream. THAT'S what kept him going.

And one day, he was gone.  I have no idea where or how.  But I think of him from time to time and hope he reached his dreams :)

There can never be freedom without dreams. We are what we dream about being and all our freedoms come from turning these dreams into reality in any small way. Keep dreaming fellers!

I have an interesting story in my life to share as well. Here goes:-

It was sometime in the 1970's, a gang of us guys in Colombo used to drive down south, on long weekends, in Sri Lanka to a national wild life park called "Yala" (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yala_National_Park) where we used to rent out a bungalow inside the park and enjoy the beauty and peace of living in the wild. On one particular occasion we drove out of the park in our jeep at around 3 pm to the nearest town to buy some groceries and provisions and returned a bit after sunset. The rules of the park prohibit anyone entering it after dark and the guys at the gate were adamant that we cannot enter and had to wait till dawn. We had no choice but to drive along the border of the park on a dirt track that led us to the beach on the south eastern coast of Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon). Our plan was to park and spend the night on the sands until morning.

We were surprised to see a few small thatched huts and several fishermen preparing to put their boats out to sea. They greeted us and we told them our situation. They were a nomadic band of fisher folk who move up and down, along the east coast, setting up their huts during the seasons when the fish is abundant in those specific locations. Something that they had learned by experience and not from books or science.

They were the most hospitable people I have ever met in my life. They immediately asked their womenfolk to prepare us a meal of fish and rice and served us the food for which we were extremely grateful.They even vacated one of the huts and asked us to rest in there till morning and their women and kids moved to the other two. The men would all leave the shores to start fishing in the sea and we would be left behind with their families only till morning when they would return with their daily catch.

Their trust in us was impeccable, having never seen or known us city folk ever before. They were clad in very simple and impoverished clothes while we were wearing our jeans, t-shirts, and sports shoes. It was a tremendous impact on all of us to see the contrast in their attitude and behavious in keeping with their status in life.

They had dreams and they were fulfilling them with so much joy, energy, and happiness. They were willing to share of what they had caught the previous day and allow us to enjoy the hospitality of their humble huts inconveniencing some members of their family to move and share the other huts. The nicest thing about them was that they were all very happy and content totally cut off from politics, wars, economic turmoils and other happenings on the planet.

We thanked them profusely for their kindness and left in the morning. Later that day we took them a basket of fruit and vegetables from the local market as a gesture of our appreciation which they reluctantly accepted as they felt that what they offered us was a human thing to do not for any payment or material return.

Back in the park we sat and discussed this at length and realized then that true happiness and freedom comes only from the realization of ones dreams, however small and teensy weensy they may be to others.

This is one incident I will never forget in my life and it taught me a great lesson for myself which no College or University taught me before.

Since then I have always lived up to make my dreams a reality and be free from the mundane things in life.

Great story Allie and music man wow. The purity of those that are countrymen real hospitable and one that I would not forget too. Reminds me if my time I was stuck in the desert and the bedouins helped me out

This discussion has come full circle:  many (most?) of us who have come to Saudi Arabia have given up freedom (particularly women) in order to, at a later date, be able to pursue our dreams :)

It seems, in life, you oftentimes have to be willing to sacrifice something in order to gain something.  Hopefully the gain far outweighs the sacrifice.

Real interesting perspective. Possibly many of us are slaves to tradition or customs. We adjust ourselves to the environment. Influenced by media, fashion, our upbringing etc. Wether it be a teenager influenced by pop culture or a politician influenced by those in power. The human has bowed down to human in some way or the other

imraan007 wrote:

Real interesting perspective. Possibly many of us are slaves to tradition or customs. We adjust ourselves to the environment. Influenced by media, fashion, our upbringing etc. Wether it be a teenager influenced by pop culture or a politician influenced by those in power. The human has bowed down to human in some way or the other

So I think you are saying (please correct me if I'm wrong) that we're never really free? Good point!

I guess...and our freedom is our dreams. Anything is possible in our dreams

Alliecat wrote:

So I think you are saying (please correct me if I'm wrong) that we're never really free? Good point!

:one This is why I said freedom is a subjective state.

Abu_Adel wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

:one This is why I said freedom is a subjective state.

More of subjective, it's a matter of relativity. In simpler words: How do you define 'freedom'? I believe that your borders of freedom expires at the point where the freedom zone of someone else's starts. This *someone* else can be anything; person, culture, tradition etc. We have to make sure no overlap attempts are made by either party and comprehension of this threshhold actually gives birth to conflicts. :D

Well said....you are free to do what u want as long as your freedom does not impose on mine.

I think and believe that true freedom is to be rid of the shackles that have been burdened upon us by our parents, elders, teachers, and mentors, since our birth, by way of brainwashing to believe that X is right and Y is wrong. We need to de-brainwash ourselves and begin to realize on our own, by our free choice and common sense, the reality of whats good for us and what we should not indulge in. I rest my case.

I love the indepth thinking this question has generated.

Thanks, Maya! :)

This discussion is getting too heavy. But I'm happy to know how you all think.

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Too heavy as opposed to the usual trivial stuff?  For me, this is a **w-e-l-c-o-m-e** change of pace and I've truly enjoyed reading all the input!

Alliecat wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Too heavy as opposed to the usual trivial stuff?  For me, this is a **w-e-l-c-o-m-e** change of pace and I've truly enjoyed reading all the input!

Yes, its heavy compared to the other discussions we have on this forum. But it was apt for the kind of question MayaMaya asked.

Anyways, its been a pleasure to read them. :)

Ready for the next question, @MayaMaya.

i rather enjoy this discussion my self...we have to do it in person :P like one of those deep philosophical discussions from a group like us :D that can solve the problems of the world. hehehe.
but seriously i love where this is going...i keep thinking about the man in the field referred to by Allie...he probable thinks that we are the ones that have a lack of freedom and we are the ones imprisoned by our society and its norms. and the point of Legends as to where do we draw the line...who is free and who is not...it is relative to the individual...and a fresh and brilliant idea...the point where freedom ends.
we are governed by so many things...the way we dress, our hairstyles, our food our actions...in a party do we bow down to peer pressure, do we want to gain the acceptance by society and bow down to their whims...dont you feel lonely in a crowd when everyone is doing something that you really dont agree with...in that case i think i would be more happier to be like that solitary man on the field in my own world, in my own freedom in my own thoughts. no pressure from society, my fashion is what i make it to be my, actions what i want...a simple yet pure way of life.

1- My Family
2- My Girl
3- My Phone
4- Food , most probably   
5- Oxygen  i guess :p

khanshahmir wrote:

1- My Family
2- My Girl
3- My Phone
4- Food , most probably   
5- Oxygen  i guess :p

Khan, that was an excellent answer for ..  page ONE.  This, however, is page 40!!

lol yea right, thanks for correcting :P

Hi Maya,

What a great question, here are my 5 things:

1. Health, so I could enjoy company with family and the loved ones
2. Family
3. Friends
4. Goals
5. Continuous learning

Cheers,

Extreem101