Is there a bar/place where Americans/Europeans go?

I'm from the states and have been in Shenzhen for two weeks ago and I admit I am getting really home sick.  Lol.. I know its only two weeks but i really miss speaking English and meeting people that are americans or just anyone that can speak english fluently.  Is there a place or a bar where a lot of westerners go? I have been to an irish pub across the street from coco park that has a few westerners.  I just want to keep my options open, any other ideas or suggestions?

Welcome on Expat-Blog almostanangel ;)

Thanks so much Yud! ^_^

You can try Xpats Bar in Futian. Its about three blocks from Coco Park opposite the Sheraton Hotel.

We have lots of American customers - both resident and just passing through.   Our manager, Don is from Florida and we have a big mixture of expatriate customers.   Lots of sport, pub food and the coldest beer in Shenzhen.  Exit B at Hui Zhan Zhong Xin station.

Hope to see you soon........ian

Dear,
You can go to Startbcuks (coffee shop) to get pasime and enjoy coffee. There,most can speak English.

have you already been to Hong Kong?
Almost everyone speaks English there.

Yea, me too, looking for some lovely bars. I get used to mixed races in my country and just so sick of only one race here. SOS~

Would love to join if there's any outgoing. Thanks~

see my previous post re Xpats in Futian.

We have lots of American customers - both resident and just passing through.   Our manager, Don is from Florida and we have a big mixture of expatriate customers.   Lots of sport, pub food and the coldest beer in Shenzhen.  Exit B at Hui Zhan Zhong Xin station.   (moderated: no free ads)

If you dont think transportation is a problem for you, come to shekou seaworld. You can meet many expatriates there.. Many singaporean and malaysian live here too..

jonesy wrote:

You can try Xpats Bar in Futian. Its about three blocks from Coco Park opposite the Sheraton Hotel.

We have lots of American customers - both resident and just passing through.   Our manager, Don is from Florida and we have a big mixture of expatriate customers.   Lots of sport, pub food and the coldest beer in Shenzhen.  Exit B at Hui Zhan Zhong Xin station.

i walked pass there the other day.. nice place.. am planning to drop by this weekend.. should be fun!

almostanangel,

ha, nice name. Basically, i think there are only a few bars that westerners frequent..

1. Cocopark bar street area or opposite.
2. Coastal City(nanshan) bar street.
3. Shekou Sea world( wee too far though unless u live there)
4. Hotel bars.

Other bars are pretty dodgy, some do go there for other reasons, if u know what i mean... :)