Requirements for Spouse Visa for Belgium

Hi, I am working in Abu Dhabi. I am going to get married with Belgian National. She doesn't works and actually carrying out studies. As I saw visa requirements, she must be having house lease certificate and  minimum salary for whole year if she wants to apply for reunion . Whoa. Is it necessary? Are there way around it? How a spouse cant live with a Belgian national if cant prove sufficent funds. Please someone help me out. 😐

As long as she meets the minimum salary required by the embassy. You too are good to go! But I guess if she's not working it is quite hard to apply for the visa because they will look after her work contract. Your chances are slim though if she isn't working. But you can try to apply it is always case to case basis. Just complete all the requirements they're asking. Goodluck!

Beleiver wrote:

Hi, I am working in Abu Dhabi. I am going to get married with Belgian National. She doesn't works and actually carrying out studies. As I saw visa requirements, she must be having house lease certificate and  minimum salary for whole year if she wants to apply for reunion . Whoa. Is it necessary? Are there way around it? How a spouse cant live with a Belgian national if cant prove sufficent funds. Please someone help me out. 😐

You read right unless you have sufficient funds to support both of yourselves, you will not be granted a visa. You will also need medical insurance. There is no way around it unless you find employment in the country?

What about guarantors?