New members of the Sudan forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Sudan forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Sudan if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello, im Mathieu, i would like to come in Khartoum, i read that is not a destination advised by some embasses, so i prefer to ask to people living there. So do someone can tell me how this destination is ? (policy, security). I really would like to see.
Thank you! : )

Hi all

I also need advice. I am planning IA to move to Khartoum with family 03 kids.
Want to know the living conditions and expanses to live a decent life with kids education in international school.

Plz if anyone of you can help it will really make a difference

Regards
Usman Hassan

Dear brother, I'm a Sudanese citizen and I can tell you honestly Sudan is regarded as a safe place to live in and specially the capital city Khartoum. For you as a foreigner you won't face any obstacles if you'll get paid in foreign currency as the prices will be cheap for you. But generally the country is safe and the people are generous and welcoming and there's much exploring to do around the country.

Hello brother, generally the country is not too expensive if you have foreign currency as i mentioned before, but the monthly budget depends on the family itself because you can live from as low as 650$ to 1000$ these are minimum prices to survive with a family and 3 kids and anything above 1000$ you'll live like a king.

Hi all,
I'm also thinking about moving to Sudan. Got 4 kids and want to move there to learn the language.  my only concern is safety and health care.

Oladugba
Good day all. I trust your day is going fine. I have begin to find it difficult to get well with the Sudanese in Khartoum because they hardly understand English language. Since I arrived Khartoum, I haven't gotten myself settled for the purchases of basic items. Available stores and malls around my area have these Sudanese as attendants. Does anyone know any Nigerian Yoruba guy or lady in Khartoum? Please connect me to him/her. I really need to settle down and get myself fit for the work I have come to do in Khartoum, but no one is interested in understanding my request whenever I go out to ask for things or purchase basic items. I have been living on the small food items I brought from Nigeria. This is really annoying. Please someone should connect me with a Nigerian Yoruba guy or lady to take me around places like markets, malls, and viewing centers in Khartoum. ***
Thanks.

Moderated by Anas 6 years ago
Reason : For your own security,do not share your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Don't worry  the country is safe and specially the capital Khartoum. So interms of safety no worries. Health wise depends on your financial capabilities because private hospitals are viewed as much better than public hospitals.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830357

Thanks!

Closed