Drum and slope test

Hi friends,

I just cleared my drum test and slope test and I had a harrowing time. I failed once but cleared it in second attempt. I was very depressed as I had little support except the instructor, who was also not the greatest. So I am writing this to help out anyone, who is planning on giving this test .
This is not a substitute for practise, as you cannot clear it any which way without atleast 10 classes. But just some additional points which will help you grasp the drum test, as without these small nitsy things you will keep making mistakes.

Coming from the right

When coming from the right-

1) First and foremost when you are turning to go towards right to stand between two drums, go a little straight and then turn towards right. That way you will closer to the drum on the left, when standing between the 2 drums before start . Try to understand this point .
This will help you later when turning to go between drums

2).  Now look at the back window . Tip here. Lower the backrest of your passenger seat right next to driver seat for better visibility . Now look at the back window. The back window has two panes. There is main window and another triangular one that does not go down. Yup have to look through THAT triangular window. Look at the drum of the left row. When the SECOND drum of LEFT row is seen COMPLETELY with the FIRST drum in the RIGHT row half at the EDGE of the TRIANGULAR area. STOP. Very imp - read this line a hundred times to grasp.

3) Turn the steering wheel to the right complete. You have to see all four drum slowly appearing in the side mirror of right. Stop when you see four or three drums on the right side appearing in the side mirror. YOU HAVE TO SEE THE SIDE MIRROR NOW. Not any other mirror . THERE HAS TO BE A TINY GAP BETWEEN THE FISRT DRUM AND THE EDGE OF THE CAR. Narrow gap is better than wide gap or you will hit the opposite side.

4) NOW TURN the steering to straight. This may be a problem for some. So that's two turns from complete right. Count . 1 and 2. That's how I did. Focus . The name of the company of your car will be at the centre of the steering . It should be dead straight . That's how you know your car is straight.

STOP WHEN YOU SEE THE THE HANDLE OF THE BACK DOOR AT THE EDGE OF THE FIRST DRUM

5) Now again turn steering completely to right. You will fall into the gap automatically. At this stage watch both the LAST drums. The GAP IN THE LAST DRUM BOTH SIDE SHOULD BE EQUAL. Or you will hit one side . If the gap is more on one side don't worry. Just turn the steering very little to the side that has MORE GAP.
Read the above line carefully .
Then slide it back slowly. When the gap is Equal. Turn the steering in the centre again and go back.

Hope this helps .i have tried my best but practise practise practise. If this helps I will write from left side in my next blog.

All the best

Neetika

Please explain left side

E :) please tell left side

Neetika13 wrote:

Hi friends,

I just cleared my drum test and slope test and I had a harrowing time. I failed once but cleared it in second attempt. I was very depressed as I had little support except the instructor, who was also not the greatest. So I am writing this to help out anyone, who is planning on giving this test .
This is not a substitute for practise, as you cannot clear it any which way without atleast 10 classes. But just some additional points which will help you grasp the drum test, as without these small nitsy things you will keep making mistakes.

Coming from the right

When coming from the right-

1) First and foremost when you are turning to go towards right to stand between two drums, go a little straight and then turn towards right. That way you will closer to the drum on the left, when standing between the 2 drums before start . Try to understand this point .
This will help you later when turning to go between drums

2).  Now look at the back window . Tip here. Lower the backrest of your passenger seat right next to driver seat for better visibility . Now look at the back window. The back window has two panes. There is main window and another triangular one that does not go down. Yup have to look through THAT triangular window. Look at the drum of the left row. When the SECOND drum of LEFT row is seen COMPLETELY with the FIRST drum in the RIGHT row half at the EDGE of the TRIANGULAR area. STOP. Very imp - read this line a hundred times to grasp.

3) Turn the steering wheel to the right complete. You have to see all four drum slowly appearing in the side mirror of right. Stop when you see four or three drums on the right side appearing in the side mirror. YOU HAVE TO SEE THE SIDE MIRROR NOW. Not any other mirror . THERE HAS TO BE A TINY GAP BETWEEN THE FISRT DRUM AND THE EDGE OF THE CAR. Narrow gap is better than wide gap or you will hit the opposite side.

4) NOW TURN the steering to straight. This may be a problem for some. So that's two turns from complete right. Count . 1 and 2. That's how I did. Focus . The name of the company of your car will be at the centre of the steering . It should be dead straight . That's how you know your car is straight.

STOP WHEN YOU SEE THE THE HANDLE OF THE BACK DOOR AT THE EDGE OF THE FIRST DRUM

5) Now again turn steering completely to right. You will fall into the gap automatically. At this stage watch both the LAST drums. The GAP IN THE LAST DRUM BOTH SIDE SHOULD BE EQUAL. Or you will hit one side . If the gap is more on one side don't worry. Just turn the steering very little to the side that has MORE GAP.
Read the above line carefully .
Then slide it back slowly. When the gap is Equal. Turn the steering in the centre again and go back.

Hope this helps .i have tried my best but practise practise practise. If this helps I will write from left side in my next blog.

All the best

Neetika

Any tips for road test?

Sreeku46 wrote:

Any tips for road test?

Hi Sreeku46,

The main one is : practice, practice, practice ...

Besides, stay confident and be optimistic.

Don't give up even after 5 attempts ... or ten ... or even more !

Keep on taking the road test until you pass.