Menu
Expat.com

Holy Week in Makati 2011

Last activity 19 April 2011 by female_expat

female_expat

Holy Week is coming up. I learned that it is public holiday. I guess most people go out of town or doing some adventure.

Is there anything going on in Makati ? Are the shops/stores going to be open ?

Im a non-practising catholic/agnostic and would be bored walking around in a ghost town and at the same time happy that its quiet for a change.

Any places you recommend where to go that would be greatly appreciated.

I dont drive in Manila at all so I'd like to stay in Makati or if you know any adventurous out of town trip.

cheers

Jaboy

Malls open from Monday to Wednesday, they will close on Holy Thursday and Friday, some resume Saturday but mostly open on Sunday.

Only SM City Baguio open the whole Holy Week.

Yup, Holy Thursday and Friday is boring better go to Anawangin Cove if you like nature and beach, there are 2 ways to get to the island (1) rent a small boat for 30 minutes ride (2) climb the mountain to get to the island but hire a guide if your first time to climb, it will take you 3 to 4 hours before you reach the island.

no cottage there so bring your tent.

there are 3 to 4 island near Anawangin Cove, don't forget to visit Capones Island and climb the very old Light House.

see my pictures, got some photos taken last year.

dhnindc

Shoot, I was thinking of driving around Luzon, but if everything is closed, no point.  Does anyone know if Tagaytay open, or will the crowds be very bad?

dhnindc

HI Female_expat,

Not sure if you found plans for holy week. As I am in the same boat, I think I may drive down to Anilao, Batangas. I dont have a fixed plan yet on how many days. I can take up to 5, including myself, if you or friends are interested.

Anilao is famous for diving and close to TAAL.

Can pm me.

Don

female_expat

I can be contacted on this number 0949 943 0077

I have to be back by Saturday night. I fly off on the 24th. No friend(s), my cousin and her friends already left.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Manila

• Studying in Manila
    Studying in Manila

With more than a hundred universities dotted around the city, Metro Manila is very much the center of higher ...

• Student life in Manila
    Student life in Manila

Student life in Manila is relatively cheap and covers a wide range of activities that will surely pique an ...

• Developing a professional network in Manila
    Developing a professional network in Manila

It might be challenging to establish a professional network, especially when relocating to Manila. But if you know ...

• Buying property in Manila
    Buying property in Manila

Buying a property is a big and exciting step, but navigating the rules and regulations in a new country can be a ...

• Choosing your neighbourhood in Manila
    Choosing your neighbourhood in Manila

Choosing a neighborhood is one of the most critical decisions that expats need to make when moving to Manila. Each ...

• Developing your social circle in Manila
    Developing your social circle in Manila

When moving to a new city, invariably, the friends you meet and cultivate first will make the most impact and can ...

• The work culture in Manila
    The work culture in Manila

When deciding to work in Manila as an expat, it is crucial to know and understand the proper work etiquette. What ...

• Gastronomy in Manila
    Gastronomy in Manila

The food of Manila reflects an evolution over many centuries, starting from its Austronesian origins and ending ...

All of Manila's guide articles