Menu
Expat.com

If you could live in Asia , where would you choose?

Last activity 18 July 2022 by aly123

Amy14344

I have been there twice i loved it

Jennica420

Philippines heart.png Okay I may sound bias because I'm originally from there, but there are a lot of beautiful places, and the people are nice & cheerful - this is what I actually miss the most when I went to work abroad. :-)

GuestPoster990

Reporter:

in asia side, kadikoy&moda&bagdat street&suadiye beach&cadde bostan is good places you can go.

kocher13

India!!

Genahoney

Philippines!Philippines:*

Mariamns

I would still choose Thailand. Hospitality at it's best, amazing culture nature and infrastructure, affordable life. you can choose the kind of life you want to live.

MarcloudVan

It's Vietnam, and for details, it is Da Nang city where I was born. I have travelled to some countries and been living in an Europe country for 1 year but home always brings best feelings.

Da Nang is the biggest city in the Central of Vietnam where has everything that you can name, like mountains, seas, rivers, hills, lakes...

walking on the beach to feel the soft touch of sand and waves.
riding motobike to Son Tra peninsula to enjoy fresh breeze from the beach and catch clouds above the sky. If you are lucky, you can play with monkeys in the moutains.
Sitting near the river, enjoying your coconut milk and discover the beauty of the bridges.

The best here which I miss most whenever I stay far from Da Nang is fresh and extremely cheap seafood. There are large diversity for you to choose with several cooking styles. For me, grilled octopus and beer can make my exciting night wink.png

Christoph888

Def Japan.

othman0071

Philippines obviously , Vietnam and Malaysia as well

nileshtks

Bharat = INDIA

beppi

A surprizing number of replies above are by people from country X saying they'd choose country X to live.
I wonder why such people come to an EXPAT website???

Christoph888

Family, economics and jobs are a factor. For instance i'd love to move to Japan but is way more expensive than China.

beppi

In almost all cases, moving to a richer country increases your income (and living standard) by more than the price increase, so you end up better off despite the higher costs.
People who think it is "better" to stay in a less developed (and thus cheaper) place are usually naive and don't understand this.

Christoph888

Its true, but when your source of income is freelancing to US customers, that income goes a long way in China or Thailand, while offering a great live experience.

Not saying you should stay in a country forever because of the currency devaluation, but its a good way to travel and put some money on the side for later.

GuestPoster990

Malaysia Obviously and Vietnam

Rolea Laura-Elena

Thailand and Seoul  smile.png

TexanInTheSand

Thailand!!  Especially the southern regions.  I spent 3 months there getting my TEFL cert, traveling, then teaching a STEM summer camp.  Can't wait to go back.

Tohaker

Ofcourse I will choose to live in Seoul or Japan the most beautiful favorite countries for me 💖😍 i hope one day I could kikiki

Andoomi

I would honestly choose seoul because of my love for the korean culture and ofcourse k-pop love. Anyways i would choose tokyo for a second choice (no offense i love all asian countries)

martyynyyte

Singapore or South Korea! Sssss!

Vmani

Depends on the compensation hahahahah on a serious note would be between Thailand, Singapore or Hong Kong

GuestPoster990

Being Pakistani, can offer and suggest must visit Pakistan because beautiful places for tourist and beautiful culture.

beppi
elysian wrote:

Being Pakistani, can offer and suggest must visit Pakistan because beautiful places for tourist and beautiful culture.

Are you serious?!?
There are plenty of travel warnings about Pakistan, mis-management, corruption and terrorism are rife, parts of the country are under control of criminals - it is NOT safe to go there as a foreigner!

GuestPoster990

Have you ever visited the God's Own country- Kerala. Beautiful with greenery, rivers. Must visit in your life. People who born and live there are the most luckiest.. Great culture..High literacy rate..

But the politicians are ruining it everyday. If it was an independent country it would have been the best economy in the world as well as the tourist spot.

Amjadamir
beppi wrote:
elysian wrote:

Are you serious?!?
There are plenty of travel warnings about Pakistan, mis-management, corruption and terrorism are rife, parts of the country are under control of criminals - it is NOT safe to go there as a foreigner!

Are you sure of this ????
Since I'm part of a travel community ...... I have been hosting foreigners at my home while I was living there ....... Germans as well ...... big_smile.png
Can share there contact if you want to get the real feedback..... or you can even have a look at random travellers blog on youtube ......it's amazing out there ......sort of untapped / virgin beauty .... !

beppi

I never disputed Pakistan’s outstanding natural beauty - but the political and social situation there is such that all developed country governments advice their citizens strongly against travelling there.
It’s a shame that such a great place is ruined by a bunch of unscrupulous people!
(I very much hope the situation will improve and one can visit again in a few years.)

martinodesa

Thailand or Singapore

eszti0323

I would live in Bali smile.png 😍

aklilu2000

me too.

BinibiningClarisse

Philippines, though I advise you to live in the province like Cebu or Ilocos since life there is more relaxing than the city, less traffic. Plus, Filipinos speak English.

dandona2010

Singpore or Malaysia
and Tailand in the summer

Amjadamir
beppi wrote:

I never disputed Pakistan’s outstanding natural beauty - but the political and social situation there is such that all developed country governments advice their citizens strongly against travelling there.
It’s a shame that such a great place is ruined by a bunch of unscrupulous people!
(I very much hope the situation will improve and one can visit again in a few years.)

I can't agree more. nevertheless its outstandingly beautiful and hospitable .............I believe it's on its way to a better future............plus you can always visit .........  though there are governance issues for citizens but nothing for the short / medium term travelers........plus no areas are in control of criminals ..........  (0 %; Yes I am sure big_smile.png)

Anyways let's just hope and pray it gets better ........!
i'd be visiting again ...next year wink.png

beppi
Amjadamir wrote:

plus no areas are in control of criminals ..........  (0 %; Yes I am sure big_smile.png)

This discussion is nonsense.
It seems many Pakistanis, like you, are either brainwashed (into thinking theirs is a great country) or blinded by senseless nationalism.
Please read what the US authorities (one of the best allies of your government) write about Pakistan:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel … isory.html
All other sources I know of also give the clear message "DON'T TRAVEL TO PAKISTAN OR YOU WILL REGRET!"
Please stop spreading misinformation here or it will be removed by the moderators!

xytho77

Vietnam! or Taiwan! Great food! Beautiful nature & cheap!

Amjadamir
beppi wrote:
Amjadamir wrote:

plus no areas are in control of criminals ..........  (0 %; Yes I am sure big_smile.png)

This discussion is nonsense.
It seems many Pakistanis, like you, are either brainwashed (into thinking theirs is a great country) or blinded by senseless nationalism.
Please read what the US authorities (one of the best allies of your government) write about Pakistan:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel … isory.html
All other sources I know of also give the clear message "DON'T TRAVEL TO PAKISTAN OR YOU WILL REGRET!"
Please stop spreading misinformation here or it will be removed by the moderators!

smile.png ......of course the discussion is non-sense  when you don't have patience to argue like educated beings. I just humbly request the audience to instead of believing somebody who doesn't have practical knowledge should just contact somebody who has; to know things better.
Educated people listen to everybody's point of view and make up their own mind; instead of enforcing their own ideas.
Anyways I don't have time and energy to discuss such issues with somebody who hasn't requisite
mindset / temperament.

Cheers...!

@moderators ..........i urge the moderators to please take note of baseless annoying and accusing posts since its inappropriate for such friendly forums. One should just discuss / convey their point of views in appropriate manner
Thanks...!

Franck Bernede

Taiwan !

neprose

It depends on how familiar I am with the culture, country itself, its government, its language, the economy, and most importantly the people.

East Asia: I'm not that interested in South Korea for many reasons. Not a fan of the architecture, though i can't make much comment on the people or the culture. Yes, the scenic beauty of a country is important to me.

Japan has many lovely towns and polite people. I like how in Tokyo there's many large music scenes and fashion styles with their own senses different from America. I can't help but to admire that.

Would I live there? I'm inclined to say no, since I don't have a strong affinity for Japan one way or another, but I wouldn't mind staying there for a short time (no more than 6 months). China is a no for me, but it wouldn't be bad to visit. Mongolia fascinates me, the ancient history, large inhabited lands, the people, I would certainly visit there 100% but would I live there? At a point in my life when I'm more adept to take risks, sure. Taiwan I'm not familiar with, so I'll say no.

South Asia:

India, no. I heard about the pollution and the other issues the country has. Maybe only in a city with a sizeable Western expat community. Nepal is interesting, but no. Bangladesh is a big NO for me. Pakistan and Afghanistan are gorgeous, but the current political situation is too risky for me to take a chance in. I would visit if I could, tho.

I would entertain Thailand, despite some of its troubles its a beautiful country with a very friendly people and good nightlife I heard. Vietnam, no. I would be interested in the Philippines but not long term. Malaysia and Singapore aren't really my thing, but maybe if I get used to more the South Asian culture, customs, and languages. I wouldn't mind Cambodia really, but I'm not sure about it. Laos is interesting..

Central Asia:

Only Kazakhstan and Tajikistan, that's about it. I wouldn't mind living in those places. Only for a short period, though. The culture and landscapes are beautiful. I'm not familiar with the situation right now. But, I'd visit anywhere here.

West Asia:

Turkey, yep. I would definitely live there. Why not? It's good. I like Syria, respect the culture and the ancient civilization that came before its current society, it's people fascinate me, so do the beautiful language and religion (Orthodox); I wouldn't mind living there at all if it were safe enough which it is not much so right now. Armenia is a yes, I like it too.

I'm more iffy on Georgia but would visit it in a heart beat. Azerbaijan is good for visit. Iran yes, definitely. I love the people and love the architecture, the government ehh not so much.
Lebanon, yes. Israel, yes, Palestine, yes. Saudi Arabia -- only for a short period, it doesn't interest me. Yemen is gorgeous but shame about the current situation. Oman, yes. UAE but only for a short time.

Well, that's about it.

schaz

BANGKOK anyday   big_smile.pngbig_smile.png lol

Retireearly

I would love to move and live in Angeles City Phillipines or Thailand, problem being making a income while Iam living there

Vasile_Stancu

For me, definitely France. There are enough of Asians there to make you feel like in Asia  lol.png

Articles to help you in your expat project

All guide articles