Last activity 14 January 2015 by rchamp

thorny_rose
thorny_rose wrote:
easy_saigon wrote:

Hi,

One more interesting place for who loves jazz music: 28 Le Loi st Dist 1, Hcmc

Have a good holiday everybody.

Cheers,

Hi Tony, Thank you because this introduction. Last night, i went to there. It's a great bar. The music band singed and played guitar very well. And, everybody was real humor. But they singed rock more than jazz. big_smile.png  It's a interesting place ^^

Hi Tony, i'm sorry, there is a mistake of me. I still haven't gone to 28 Le Loi yet, where have jazz music like you tell me. I was confusion bettwen  28 Le Loi and Thi's cafe lol.png it's a deeply sorry. I writed the address which all you tell me in my phone. Now, i looking again, i know, it's a mistake tongue.png

thorny_rose
easy_saigon wrote:
thorny_rose wrote:
thorny_rose wrote:

Hi Tony, Thank you because this introduction. Last night, i went to there. It's a great bar. The music band singed and played guitar very well. And, everybody was real humor. But they singed rock more than jazz. big_smile.png  It's a interesting place ^^

Hi Tony, i'm sorry, there is a mistake of me. I still haven't gone to 28 Le Loi yet, where have jazz music like you tell me. I was confusion bettwen  28 Le Loi and Thi's cafe lol.png it's a deeply sorry. I writed the address which all you tell me in my phone. Now, i looking again, i know, it's a mistake tongue.png

Hi,

When do you have free time? You and I can go there together.

Cheers,

It's real sorry because this everning i come back Vinh, so no a night to come there with you. I hope, next time, we can have a meeting and you can help me go there. smile.png Maybe, i will come back SG in the end of this summer or in Winter of this year. smile.png Now, I have just this afternoon in SG:)I know, music bands have just been in night, no in the day. smile.png

henrylamcs

Hi Rose, have a nice trip back tomorrow.

Take care.

PTran

If you like Sports bar with cold beer you can try Phatty's and there are other bars close to it too. also top floor of Carravelle. I also think Temple club for very quite

thorny_rose
henrylamcs wrote:

Take care.

permission to be present with people that I'm come back my house in safety. Yesterday, i have a busy with my company, and after i go to some party with my friends for " celebrate victory " for more 1 month missing in work.  big_smile.png I have 2 days free. I Have a lot of pics want to share with every people but i don't know how to post here or where to post. Can all you help me? big_smile.pngbig_smile.png

lostsouls
thorny_rose wrote:
henrylamcs wrote:

Take care.

permission to be present with people that I'm come back my house in safety. Yesterday, i have a busy with my company, and after i go to some party with my friends for " celebrate victory " for more 1 month missing in work.  big_smile.png I have 2 days free. I Have a lot of pics want to share with every people but i don't know how to post here or where to post. Can all you help me? big_smile.pngbig_smile.png

Its very easy.

Go to www.photobucket.com, register & upload your pictures there.

After that, copy the [img]your picture[/img] & paste it here.

Try it...big_smile.pngbig_smile.png

Vivian Ng

Check out Xu restaurant on Hai Ba Trung street

viet-mike

Try the Snap Cafe in district 2. Great atmosphere and exquisite food.

laidbackfreak
viet-mike wrote:

Try the Snap Cafe in district 2. Great atmosphere and exquisite food.

Does that place liven up in the evenings? My wifes cousin has a shop in there, and every time I've been in, its been full of kids and moms's....

I prefer Buddha Bar down the road for more adult entertainment.

Both are a bit far out of town imo to bother with in terms of D1 for choices. Good for a quick drink on the way home.

Couple of other nice places around there tho :-)

rohitvarma

y Frend,

I am an Indian living in Dubai last 6 yrs and working in logistics field has an offer from a shipping co tow ork in Vietnam .

Can u advice me abt the cost of living and expence for an iNdian

Thanks
M
Rohi

rohitke23@yahoo.co.in

scot1nsaigon

It seems like there's a lot of bars and night clubs around HCMC, how easy is it to meet people?
I'm so scared about not knowing anyone! I've been told there is a good expat community... how on earth do I find these people?
smile.png

laidbackfreak
scot1nsaigon wrote:

It seems like there's a lot of bars and night clubs around HCMC, how easy is it to meet people?
I'm so scared about not knowing anyone! I've been told there is a good expat community... how on earth do I find these people?
smile.png

How do you meer new people in Glasgow? You go out the bars n clubs and get talking to people.
Seriously though relax, the ex-pat community here is fairly small so as long as you go out you will meet people. It's not difficult to make friends or find the right kinda bar\vibe that you want.

scot1nsaigon
laidbackfreak wrote:
scot1nsaigon wrote:

smile.png

How do you meer new people in Glasgow? You go out the bars n clubs and get talking to people.
Seriously though relax, the ex-pat community here is fairly small so as long as you go out you will meet people. It's not difficult to make friends or find the right kinda bar\vibe that you want.

i realise how un-relaxed my last post was. I was told by my head teacher it was quite difficult to meet people.  I don't really make a habit of meeting new people in night clubs in Scotland to be honest... I was thinking more societies/clubs etc. Cheers for the vote of confidence though! smile.png I'm sure I shall be fine, looking forward to the adventure.  I can start up a conversation in an empty house.

laidbackfreak

Hi Lyndsay, sorry yeah I can understand not going out in Glasgow to meet people lol Joking aside thought, the culture here is very different and going out is much more part of the social life and much more relaxing than the UK style of going out.. If your a single expat then the chances are you will eat out more often than not this can be an alfresco dining experience.
People here spot new faces and it will soon become obvious your not a tourist so people will start to talk to you and offer advice etc :-)

scot1nsaigon

Yeah if you look people in the eye for too long in Glasgow they start to get nervous.

An alfresco dining experience? Not a kebab/chippy after a wee shandy or 5 experience? I think I'm going to love this culture change.

I'm so excited, so much to find out and learn about the city.  You seem to know a lot about HCMC... what do you think about me working in District 2 but living in HCMC? How quick can you adapt to motorbiking it up? Or do you think District 2 is just as good a place to live?

smile.png

laidbackfreak
scot1nsaigon wrote:

Yeah if you look people in the eye for too long in Glasgow they start to get nervous.

An alfresco dining experience? Not a kebab/chippy after a wee shandy or 5 experience? I think I'm going to love this culture change.

I'm so excited, so much to find out and learn about the city.  You seem to know a lot about HCMC... what do you think about me working in District 2 but living in HCMC? How quick can you adapt to motorbiking it up? Or do you think District 2 is just as good a place to live?

smile.png

yep I know what you mean, I've been drinking in Glasgow a few times :-)

I did reply to your other thread regarding this and so not to go too much off topic I'll go back to that one.

thorny_rose

Hi Scot1nsaigon,
R you a Scottish? I have a friend in Sai Gon, he is a Scot, too. He lived in Sai gon near 1 year. Now, he is working in a News paper office in Sai Gon and also be using to motobike for move. A lot of foreign live in Saigon used to motobike. Don't be afraid, you let's go out side, speak and makes to new friends. Let's friendly with them. The foods of Vietnamese are very rich, but maybe, the new foreigns will not friendly by their stomach. The first times, you should be preparation some medicine to  precaution, but then some times you trying to enjoy them, you will see, they are very exciting  ^^

lostsouls
thorny_rose wrote:

Hi Scot1nsaigon,
R you a Scottish? I have a friend in Sai Gon, he is a Scot, too. He lived in Sai gon near 1 year. Now, he is working in a News paper office in Sai Gon and also be using to motobike for move. A lot of foreign live in Saigon used to motobike. Don't be afraid, you let's go out side, speak and makes to new friends. Let's friendly with them. The foods of Vietnamese are very rich, but maybe, the new foreigns will not friendly by their stomach. The first times, you should be preparation some medicine to  precaution, but then some times you trying to enjoy them, you will see, they are very exciting  ^^

I will be waiting for you to bring me to bars & experience nighlife in Saigon...big_smile.pngbig_smile.pngbig_smile.png

thorny_rose
lostsouls wrote:
thorny_rose wrote:

I will be waiting for you to bring me to bars & experience nighlife in Saigon...big_smile.pngbig_smile.pngbig_smile.png

I'm not living in Sai Gon. So, maybe i can't bring you or tell you about the expecience in Sai Gon, this matter, you should be ask to Henrry, he will become a guide better than me. ^^ If you want to me tell you, you let's go to Vinh city, i will tell you about everything in...my city!! hehe proud.gif

lostsouls
thorny_rose wrote:

I'm not living in Sai Gon. So, maybe i can't bring you or tell you about the expecience in Sai Gon, this matter, you should be ask to Henrry, he will become a guide better than me. ^^ If you want to me tell you, you let's go to Vinh city, i will tell you about everything in...my city!! hehe proud.gif

Henry seems busy these days. Never see him in expatblog.

Vinh City? I will go there, but give me time. I want you to tell me the history too....big_smile.pngbig_smile.png

thorny_rose
lostsouls wrote:
thorny_rose wrote:

Henry seems busy these days. Never see him in expatblog.

Vinh City? I will go there, but give me time. I want you to tell me the history too....big_smile.pngbig_smile.png

I don't know, too. It's a time, i didn't open expat.blog. Ah, maybe, he is busy or he was so sad because his topic is missing, hehe lol.pnglol.png Ah, i remember, the seems, there was a time, he told me, he started to learn Vietnamese.
History of Vinh? Vinh is a city of Nghe An province. History of Nghe An is very long, ^^

lostsouls
thorny_rose wrote:

I don't know, too. It's a time, i didn't open expat.blog. Ah, maybe, he is busy or he was so sad because his topic is missing, hehe lol.pnglol.png Ah, i remember, the seems, there was a time, he told me, he started to learn Vietnamese.
History of Vinh? Vinh is a city of Nghe An province. History of Nghe An is very long, ^^

Maybe I will revive his thread soon..

Very long history? Nevermind. Just tell me when I visit you in Vinh. lol.pnglol.png

scot1nsaigon
thorny_rose wrote:

Hi Scot1nsaigon,

I am indeed Scottish, I'm from Glasgow, went to uni at Edinburgh and I'm now teaching in Aberdeen.  Been aaaall over. Where is your friend from in Scotland?

I'm definitely going to try out the motorbike, I'm sure I will get used to the traffic... and hopefully get used to the rich food! 

smile.png

Katina_Huang

i like Blus and Jazz, anybody can recommand me some good live show caffe bar?

hangvnu
Katina_Huang wrote:

i like Blus and Jazz, anybody can recommand me some good live show caffe bar?

U can go to "Jazz Club Sax N Art at 28 Le Loi.
it's nearly Caravella hotel smile.png
I sometimes go with my friend at weekend, special on Friday that we call it by Happy Day in week.

ipporek

Saw that this thread's a little old already. Pretty curious what one can do at night in HCMC. I understand the cafes don't open till very late?

lostsouls
ipporek wrote:

Saw that this thread's a little old already. Pretty curious what one can do at night in HCMC. I understand the cafes don't open till very late?

I always frequent 17 saloon. Open till 1am. Downstairs pretty much rock music if you like. Upstairs mixed of different genres. You might catch me there 1 of those nights if you're there. big_smile.png

ipporek

Someone told me about a place called Lush club. Anyone know how's it?

laidbackfreak
lostsouls wrote:

I always frequent 17 saloon.

Not my fav venue but I've been in there a few times. I drink around the corner usually.... Msut catch up at some point.

lostsouls
laidbackfreak wrote:
lostsouls wrote:

I always frequent 17 saloon.

Not my fav venue but I've been in there a few times. I drink around the corner usually.... Msut catch up at some point.

Sure. I will message you when Im there or we can exchange number in PM. I'll be there next week...

arunavio

Will be visiting HCMC for couple of days !! Any suggestions on how to live it up to the fullest ??

A big thank you to all

Sensoz

Go2 after midnight until 6am. Trashiest, wildest experience you'll find here. cool.png Then if you're not drunk enough, TnR Tavern nearby will still be open.

Phi Long
scot1nsaigon wrote:
laidbackfreak wrote:
scot1nsaigon wrote:

smile.png

i realise how un-relaxed my last post was. I was told by my head teacher it was quite difficult to meet people.  I don't really make a habit of meeting new people in night clubs in Scotland to be honest... I was thinking more societies/clubs etc. Cheers for the vote of confidence though! smile.png I'm sure I shall be fine, looking forward to the adventure.  I can start up a conversation in an empty house.

A couple of ways that I do. Join some English clubs, group expat events (can be found on facebook), charitable events and gatherings, expat and local activities like Saigon Dodgeball, Barhopping events, and Facebook.

People and expats are friendly here. Just say Xin Chao with a smile and it's all gravy from there.

skads

(Moderated)

jonh_nathan

Guy, try with Acapoli... number 2, Thi Sach st, Dist, hope you will enjoy that place

thorny_rose

I hear some information about Saigon Retro, can you tell me the address of it? Thank you  so much.

skads

(Moderated: no free ads pls)

kmtanmd
thorny_rose wrote:

I hear some information about Saigon Retro, can you tell me the address of it? Thank you  so much.

Hi Rose,

I am new here in Saigon. Hoping to meet some friends here. Will stay here for 3 months. smile.png

skads

[Moderated: No free ad pls]

thanhmai296

I have heard about 23rd floor Sheraton, seem like it's so great.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Ho Chi Minh City

All of Ho Chi Minh City's guide articles