Tax Already Paid - Website to Check

Dear Expats,

Is there any website or online portal to check the tax already paid in the current financial year ?

Taxonweb I guess

https://eservices.minfin.fgov.be/taxonw … ox/home.do

Thanks Aneesh, I think Tax-On-Web is the website to file income tax return every year before July 12 (for income earned in previous year). e.g. In 2018 , we have filed return for 2017 income.

How about checking the tax paid in the current financial year ? I mean can i see the tax already paid so far for 2018 ?

Your monthly payslip must show the taxes paid on that specific month. You can do the calculation based on that. Also, from your HR/payroll you can demand this info.

Not sure if there is any govt website from where you can get this info.

If you have pay slips, which by law you should. Just add up the total. You should keep them as well.

Hi,
I have similar question , how can i know how much the tax already paid by my employer except checking the payslip , i want to know this to avoid any  hug amount of tax @ the end of your which maybe i have to pay for ,

can some one help on that.

Your question shows you fundamentally misunderstand the Belgian tax system.

So, share with for everybody here your knowledge about the Belgian tax system.

sandym007 wrote:

Dear Expats,

Is there any website or online portal to check the tax already paid in the current financial year ?

Hello,

NO.

But depending on your professional status, you can extrapolate this information.

As a worker / employee, there is the automatic deduction made on your salary. This is the difference between the gross salary and the net salary.

If you are independent, your accountant should set up a monthly / quarterly prepayment plan. In order to avoid a very bad surprise at the end of the fiscal year ...

Hi,

So if the tax is deducted monthly from our salary, do we still have to declare our resources like they do in France?

BehnamB wrote:

Hi,

So if the tax is deducted monthly from our salary, do we still have to declare our resources like they do in France?

Hi,

No, concerning what you get in Belgium as salary and overtimes.

Yes, if you get money from somewhere else.

Thanks so much for your response. Already feel much better about working in Belgium compared to France, I am waiting to receive my single permit impatiently.

Bests,
Behnam