Some locations to stay in the heart of Ajijic. Sites to see?

New here to this site as well as new to the thought of retiring in Mexico. I have been looking at Ajijic and would like to connect with someone there to kind of help me avoid the pit falls of a trip there and share some of their experiences. Maybe suggest some locations to stay in the heart of Ajijic. Sites to see? Etc. Etc.

Thanks,

Jim

jpinaz51 wrote:

New here to this site as well as new to the thought of retiring in Mexico. I have been looking at Ajijic and would like to connect with someone there to kind of help me avoid the pit falls of a trip there and share some of their experiences. Maybe suggest some locations to stay in the heart of Ajijic. Sites to see? Etc. Etc.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim,

I would suggest you put San Miguel de Allende commonly called SMA in the search window they have made their own forum because there are so many of them. You will likely find people from the area you are interested in there. Just go to the forum search window.

Welcome and good luck

Is there a large expat community there? Approx. how many? Does the local population speak much English?   
Thanks for your time and information,

Jim

jpinaz51 wrote:

Is there a large expat community there? Approx. how many? Does the local population speak much English?   
Thanks for your time and information,

Jim

There is a very large group of expats in SMA.

Lots of B&B's in the heart of Ajijic as well as plenty of Airbnb's. You can view some on my blog
https://www.retireinlakechapala.net/sin … ico-Part-1
I also have a blog on things to do during your stay.
https://www.retireinlakechapala.net/sin … ing-Ajijic
You'll also find information on the best restaurants. Feel free to contact me for information.

San Miguel de Allende is beautiful, has wonderful weather, great restaurants and a very large expat community.  You should definitely check it out.

Hi,

Not speaking  spanish, how difficult will it be making my way around there in San Miguel? I am in the process of learning but it will be a while for me to get fluent. That's why Ajijic is attractive to me. Many english speaking Mexicans.

Thanks,

Jim