Menu
Expat.com

What to do in Manila?

Last activity 25 July 2019 by Hobbit112

anamp90

Hello everybody. I'm in Manila for a month for business travel.
I would like to know  which places would you recommend to visit on the city, for shopping, touristic places, and what's the best way to go there. Taxi? I'm not seeing many public transport...
If anyone wants to offer as a guide I don't mind. lol.png 
I also would love to do some weekend trip. Do you know any tour company or any advice to go somewhere for a weekend?
Thank you.

BelleonExpat

what are your interests?

cultural? ...you may visit old manila such as intramuros...
nearby place in the metro is the las casas azucar in bataan...theres a bus in ortigas will take you there

outdoor?...check out masungi georeserved..theres a van/minibus from makati that will take you there. though entrance is by reservation.

more outdoor fun?...nearby place for nice beach is in batangas (south) or pangasinan, ilocos (north side)

take your pick.

anamp90

I like both, cultural, outdoor, shopping  lol.png Awesome! Thanks I'll check them out smile.png

abiczoe

shopping in greenbelt is good choice , very safe , easy to find good restaurant ...
for weekend , i suggest you can go to PICO DE LORO.Try to search this place

shid.buldiman

If you like beaches there are quick get away such as zambales or batangas, if there also groups that you can join and go on mountain hikes. smile.png

I personally go on this kind of trips, il post it out here to help every adventurous expats. smile.png

Ahyes

Grab is best for transportation. You can pay with cc. Otherwise taxi service is tricky. One look at us and price is double.

Nielsen Flute

Burgos / Malate / Pasay EDSA are the only things to do in that fallen city

mugtech

Take a trip to the island of Corregador, great historical spot.

pnwcyclist

Highly recommend the National Museum. Great history of the Philippines and works by Filipino artists.

Hobbit112

Lots of interesting malls to visit and the Greenfields area for shopping.  Don't miss the American Cemetery, the largest American military cemetery outside of the United States.  Take a tour of Intramuros and a food tour of Binondo, there is one for Pampanga too.  There is also a dinner cruise on Manila Bay.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Manila

All of Manila's guide articles