Melita Cable

Hi, people. Are there any Melita cable users here? How good/bad is their internet service in terms of P2P traffic. I used to use their service a couple of years ago. At that time, they put some hard policies on P2P traffic. I remember that my torrent speed never exceeded 10Kbit/s because users had only internal ip address behind their gateway and P2P traffic was somehow blocked. How about now? I am currently using GO but want to do a switch. Any opinions?

no longer blocked, I have their modem, mu internal router and have had no issues.  I dont know what p2p you use but I average 350-500 down.

me3512 wrote:

no longer blocked, I have their modem, mu internal router and have had no issues.  I dont know what p2p you use but I average 350-500 down.

I used to use their 4Mbit/s service which was 5 or 6 years ago. I am just afraid that they are still blocking it.

I want to switch to their new 25Mbit fiber connection, what service do you use?

ID AVOID THEM ALL TOGETHER... bad after sales service - go anywhere els and you will be better off..

I'm with Chad (me3512) - no complaints from me on their service at all and consistently good download speeds (I watch p2p sports events most weeks).

Tim

i have been with melita for three years and currently have a 10mbps service with 150gb dload limit but all my P2P usage is free between 11pm and 7am - its excellent service...no issues with them at all....

I have Melita's 20Mbps internet package (the old one, not the new fibre power, I've only seen that in the last month or so). It's 30 euros a month, and I've had no problems with it.

I do a lot of P2P and have never had any problems with blocking. Stuff I download from UKNova or TheBox I tend to queue in uTorrent and start it downloading after 11pm so I don't use up too much of my monthly limit. Normal max download speed in uTorrent is about 2.2Mbps, nowhere near the 20 advertised but more than enough for me.

My upload speed has also doubled in the last 4 months, I used to be able to get no more than 60kB/s, but that's now increased to about 130kB/s. It's still nowhere near the 1Mbps upload speed they quote, but it's good enough to keep a healthy enough ratio on various torrent sites. If I leave stuff seeding 24/7, I can get about 8GB seeded in a day. Give it another month and I'll probably have uploaded my first terabyte on UKNova alone. Melita must love me!!

If you go for the new 25Mbps fibre package, I would expect speeds to be even slightly better than I have quoted above.

i normally get about 8-12 GB overnight downloaded in the free period...so dont think i am doing too bad with my 10mbps service from melita, mostly movies and tv shows with the odd bit of music

Brr, strange but I see that melita is blocking the traffic from the rest of the EU to 400kb at the evenings, trying to watch the livestream and melita is useless now :( need to call the support..

just get them to reprovision your modem and tell them the sites you are having problems with = i did this recently and voila problem solved.

you mean changing the modem or just resetting it throw their system?

they will do a full remote reset and re-configure. worked for me.