UK Spouse Visa Financial Statement

Hi All,

This is my first post here. I'm currently living in Tokyo with my wife and I'd say 95% finished on my Spouse visa application for the UK. W

We went down the saving route. The only sticking point is the ‘proof of funds'. We've held the minimum savings amount for the last year.I use online banking  and can of course access my monthly statements from my online banking and print these out. However I've heard that these don't suffice as proof, and they need ‘stamping' by my local branch. My bank is HSBC and no longer provides this service. So I need another avenue to provide proof that these statements are valid.

Has anyone else encounterd this? Or would have a draft I could use that will meet he home office standards?

Many Thanks in advance

Dave

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The specific requirements are described in the UK Governmental Immigration rules' this link will take you to the specific requirements, where it says:

UK Gov website wrote:

(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

.  There is no provision for not meeting those requirements.  I suggest you contact your bank and ask them what evidence they can provide that will meet the UK Home Office requirements.

If you have asked, then I suggest you go a bit higher up the food chain in the bank.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi again.

I've never done what you're attempting, so don't know the answer to your question.  There is a contact section in the section you are using:

UKGov website wrote:

Get help using a computer to apply online
You can get help with:

accessing a computer or the internet
finding the right information on GOV.UK

You cannot get advice on:

whether you're eligible to apply
what information to put in your application
an application you've already made

Telephone: 03333 445 675
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Find out about call charges
Text: ‘VISA' to 07537 416 944
e-mail visa@we-are-digital.co.uk

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

To be frank, I am surprised that the HSBC will not provide you with a 3 month or 6 month statement of accounts with their chop. I haven't done it in the UK for a while but I frequently do it with HSBC in Indonesia and Malaysia for purposes of applying for Visas to travel overseas. They also provide a cover letter with the statement.

Are you requesting it at your branch in the UK and asking them to send it to you? Perhaps this is the issue? Normally I need to go in personally to the branch to request it.
As far as I know HSBC closed down in Japan some years ago, so assume you are communicating via phone with them in the UK?

I seriously doubt they do not do this anymore and I would be more insistent on it.