English speaking schools

Hi Guys, I will be shifting to Tallinn probably by the end of July. I would like to know more about the schools since I have a 4 years old kid.
how hard is it to get admission in a english speaking school ?

English speaking school are private schools, they are also expensive. €700 a month.
You would have to get in contact with such schools about admission.

Usually the expats go with public or private school?  Since the teaching mode will be estonian in public schools  I guess kid will be having a hard time adjusting there.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

International private schools are normally mouth-wateringly expensive, so much so we just couldn't afford it when we considered it.  Our kids went to a public school (albeit in Holland) and within a couple of months sounded just the same as the other kids; now many years later, they are all tri-lingual and have thrived in that multicultural environment.

That said, if you have a lot of money and are willing to pay for private education, then it's your money to spend as you wish.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks Cynic, that gave me good amount of confidence regarding public schools.

A 4-year-old will adapt very quickly so I would not worry.

yes , but if I wish to come back to India after 5 years or so then I am not sure how easy it will be for him to adjust

bharathnoddy wrote:

yes , but if I wish to come back to India after 5 years or so then I am not sure how easy it will be for him to adjust

Yep, these are things that every potential expat needs to consider; sometimes our eyes get clouded by the promise of the big $ signs.

All I can say is that our 3 kids first went to an English language school, then to a Dutch language school then to an English school; they all thrived, 2 went on to University, the other decided that a technical apprenticeship was more in line with what he wanted.

did they face any issues while moving from Dutch to English ? I guess I am worrying too much :)  . It should be all good :)

The only thing of note was that our eldest never liked the UK when we moved back and always said she would move back to Holland; after Uni she did; she is now the European Distribution Manager for a US multi; the other 2 are quite happy in Yorkshire, but we'll be moving back to Holland ourselves in the near future.

If your desire is to retire back home in India with your family around you, then expat is probably not for you as your siblings will probably have a more worldly, multicultural view than their parents. :)

Thanks you very much for your suggestions Cynic. That helped a lot to clear my mind :)

Hello Sir,
I am a business partner in company in Tallinn and would like to know more about your problem for admitting your ward to a School in Tallinn. Please feel free to be in touch to have a chat and information about such schools.
Thanks
Regards
Vikas Bhandari

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum please, thank you