Menu
Expat.com

Where can I complain about home Renovation Contractors ?

Last activity 15 July 2019 by Ramses K.

vineethr2k

Dear Friends,

We are having tough time with these renovation/building contractors who are currently doing some work at my place. They have already delayed the work for 2 weeks and I am forced to stay at my friends place because the works are incomplete. They keep saying we will finish in 2 days 3 days but its not happening. In hurry they have caused some damages to our property also. Where can i complain about them?

Thanks
Vineeth

Cynic

Hi again.

Who is organising the repairs?  That person or organisation should be your first port of call; it's always better to try and resolve issues amicably.

My own experience is that engineering works very rarely run to plan or schedule.

vineethr2k

Hi Cynic,

Seems like it is a small company and run by 2 brothers, I can only contact them and they hardly pick up the calls. Seems like they are working on multiple projects and couldn't finish ours on time so have done a very bad work towards the end and is still not completed.

they have damaged some items also in the house, my boiler pipes are leaking. door handles are damaged. etc

Vineeth

Cynic

Are you renting your home?  If so, inform your Landlord.

Ramses K.

Write them a letter saying that they must repair the damage.

I don't know what kind of company you are using, but it doesn't sound good.
Tell them in the letter you are thinking of going to the "geschillencommissie" for your complaint.

Good luck

Articles to help you in your expat project in the Hague

All of The Hague's guide articles