Top TEN things to DO in DUBAI

There are endless possibilities as to what you can see and do, but here are a few suggestions.

1) Cruise the Creek
Dubai is naturally divided into two by a water formation known as the Dubai Creek. Traditional wooden boats called ‘abra's are available for anyone who wants to cross the Creek. If you want something a little more lavish, dinner cruises are available where you can enjoy a tasty meal while slowly gliding along the Creek.

2) Desert Safari Adventures
Many activities take place in the desert, it is just one hour outside the city and is definitely a unique experience and an escape from the city.
Ride a camel - Spend the night in the desert in a Bedouin village, sleep in traditional tents. All activities include a traditional Bedouin style barbecue dinner by moonlight accompanied by traditional belly dancing.

3) Shopping
Dubai is literally a shopper's paradise, with shopping centres and malls scattered throughout Dubai.

4) Skiing
Experience Ski Dubai, an indoor ski slope, located within the mall of the emirates, a definite must see; try skiing, snowboarding, or even just playing in the snow.

5) The Beaches
Dubai is home to some of the most stunning beaches in the world. With their pure white sandy shores and waters the deepest of blues, lounging around on the beach all day is an activity that will never get old on your relaxing.

6) The heritage tour
Take a tour to see old Dubai at the Dubai Museum and Dubai Heritage Village. Visit the Dubai National Museum. The Dubai museum is located on the Al Fahidi Fort, which was built in 1799 to protect Dubai against invasions.

7) The old town
Travel back in time in Bastakia, and view some of the oldest buildings in Dubai. Here you can see traditional wind-towered, mud-walled houses. In the
summer, the wind towers would funnel the sea breeze, protecting the people from the overwhelming heat.

8) Gold souk
Find out why Dubai is called the "City of Gold" at the gold market. There is a reason that Dubai is called the city of gold. With huge amounts of gold traded here, there are hundreds of shops selling jewellery.

9) Madinat Jumeirah
The Souk at Madinat Jumeirah gives you a real feel of Arabia, and although pricey, is worth meandering through over an afternoon. After shopping, it is possible to have dinner, perhaps at PaiThai, which you must take a boat through the waterways to reach.

10) Burj-al-Arab and the Atlantis Palm Hotel
The Burj-al-Arab, it is the current symbol of Dubai's extravagance. You'll have to pay a fee to get in but is redeemable against food or any purchase you make. The Atlantis Palm Hotel is a jewel one must visit! This hotel is dedicated to water: it has a huge water aquarium under the hotel and a huge water park near the hotel.  And you have also the unique opportunity to swim with the dolphins, in the Hotel Delphinpark, just to feel closer to the sea and its living creatures

Enjoy Dubai

Hello bcdxb!

Thanks for this nice post :top:
I moved it to the Dubai forum for better visibility!
Gotta admit i was seduced by N°2 ;)

Regards
Armand

thanks Armand

Hi bcdxb
you forgot the most important destinations!
hotelsindubai.com/do/nightlife.htm
Budoir it's exclusive...Rock Bottom it's cool...but definitely we have a winner....Zinc.
Enjoy

hi just Q .. night clubs are available in most of countries .. i described few experience you will get only in Dubai.

and i don't consider spending time in Bars & Pubs is enjoying Life

I didn't want to be harsh to you !
As long as no.3 on your list is shopping, and for a full and comprehensive info,you should include at least ,but not last,clubbing as no.11,and for sure Dubai it's not in shortage of some of the best hot-spots.
Keep your list open! and your mind as well, don't limit yourself to ten things only! 

bcdxb wrote:

hi just Q .. night clubs are available in most of countries .. i described few experience you will get only in Dubai.

Just_Q wrote:

I didn't want to be harsh to you !
As long as no.3 on your list is shopping, and for a full and comprehensive info,you should include at least ,but not last,clubbing as no.11,and for sure Dubai it's not in shortage of some of the best hot-spots.
Keep your list open! and your mind as well, don't limit yourself to ten things only! 

bcdxb wrote:

read the first line "There are endless possibilities as to what you can see and do, but here are a few suggestions" and i think y had a look at the headings only! No-one will say Dubai is not a shopper's paradise - have you visited karama souk? DSF? Spring Summer? just visit the link dubaicityinfo.com/touristguide/shoppers_paradise.aspx