Menu
Expat.com

SWEDEN TOURIST VISA

Last activity 22 August 2019 by guestposter15352

Avaavaava

HI im ava, i just wanna ask about tourist visa, it is possible for me visit my bf in sweden even my status in philippines is still married but i am separated for 10 years now. i have 1 child 12years old now, my bf and i met once and we planning that i will visit him in sweden but i am worried about my status in philippines. my bf is capable to support me once i am there. we are just worried about my visa get denied😭

PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME ☺️

stumpy

Welcome to the forum  smile.png

I suggest you check with VSF Global who now handle all visa application for the Swedish Embassy in Manila. https://www.vsfglobal.se/philippines/index.html   Click on this link and check it out.

Your boyfriend should also check with the Philippine Embassy in Stockholm for any documentation that he may have to supply.

ekhfaiz

@Ava: Here there are two things.

First your status as being married. Your visa will require certain amount of paperwork, if your supporting documents say you are married then you are not single. You should have supporting documentation for annulment or divorce whichever applies.

Second is do married people get tourist visa and the answer is yes. As long as you can prove that you have compelling reasons not to overstay your visit, you'll get a visa. Anything like shoddy paperwork or insufficient finances will not help. If your boyfriend is sponsoring your trip he should have good finances too (not from his own personal view but from what government thinks is reasonable income for two people).

guestposter15352

Hello Avaavaava,

Welcome to the forum smile.png

You have already been enlightened by stumpy and Faiz and in additional I can see that your situation is not unique, here is a similar post   https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 06#4654720

All the best!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Gothenburg

• Study in Gothenburg
    Study in Gothenburg

A coastal city in South West Sweden, Gothenburg is located on the northern tip of Denmark midway between Oslo and ...

• Accommodation in Gothenburg
    Accommodation in Gothenburg

Looking for accommodation in Gothenburg? Here are some useful tips to guide you through your search.

• Finding work in Gothenburg
    Finding work in Gothenburg

Sweden's second biggest city after Stockholm, and one of the largest in all of Scandinavia. Located in ...

• Travelling around Gothenburg
    Travelling around Gothenburg

As Sweden's second biggest city, Gothenburg hosts a developed transports network. Find out more in this ...

• The Working Holiday Visa for Sweden
    The Working Holiday Visa for Sweden

If you have always dreamed of visiting Sweden, the working holiday visa might just be the right option for ...

• Sports activities in Stockholm
    Sports activities in Stockholm

Sweden has turned out several famous sports stars like football player Zlatan Ibrahimović and swimmer Sarah ...

• Buying property in Sweden
    Buying property in Sweden

With most of Sweden's major cities facing a housing shortage, it will very often prove easier to find a ...

• Accommodation in Malmö
    Accommodation in Malmö

Being Skane's biggest municipality, Malmö needs no introduction as a diverse and welcoming place for ...

All of Gothenburg's guide articles