Menu
Expat.com

Need 10 members for Book Club

Last activity 21 July 2022 by Vero

jeff_mrblue
@Kandia_A

Hi!

I'm totally interested and would love to meet up or help plan / organize. I've been in several book clubs and I love the idea. Please keep me posted as to where / when and if anyone needs help organizing I'm in. Thanks! - Jeff
Kalpana89
Welcome Kandia! It is nice to meet you:)

Would everyone like to meet on Saturday, the 11th of June? Any ideas on where we could meet? Commonground Sparc Health Kitchen in Flic en Flac might be a good place, it has got a good view of Le Morne and the food is decent.
Chandradeep
@Kalpana89

How about setting up a WhatsApp group for the Club members?
Kalpana89
@Chandradeep, that's a good idea! I think we can't exchange numbers directly on the forum, but if anyone wants to join a WhatsApp group for the Book Club, please direct message me with your number and I'll create a group.
Residencia Immobilier
I am interested too. Please keep me posted.
anne8639
Being a writer I am so interested, just arrived here. Avid reader and networker, let me know when your ready to start.
Seven-Oh
@cleopatra101

Hi Cleopatra,

I'm interested. When is the first meeting? If you've already got ten people, would you consider welcoming a few more more just to get started?
Kandia_A
Hey all,

Let's try and make this happen!! Shall we pick a date, place and time the majority can do and take it from there?

Date: I'm guessing a weekend is better than weekday. What about Sat 25th or Sun 26th June?

Place: Someone mentioned Les Allysees in Moka Smart City which conveniently works for me, but happy to hear other suggestions.

Time: What time works for everyone for the first meet up? Morning, lunch or evening? I vote for lunch time, around midday.

Looking forward to making this happen!
manugaw
Hi,

Count me in
manugaw

@Kalpana89 Hi Whatsapp me on ***

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : No contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Awula Abby Apuryinga

@anne8639 Hi, i am glad to finally find an avid reader. i am an upcoming writer and i would be glad if you could help edit my first two book. i hope to hear from you. thank you

Seven-Oh
Hi @Kalpana89, the 11th of June is almost upon us. Have you had any responses? Should we just start with the two of us?
pixiewhyte
@Kalpana89
Hello, did you all meet up to discuss the book club? I hope to be living in The West of Mauritius in August, could I find out more?
Kalpana89

@pixiewhyte Hi Pixiewhyte, no we haven't met up yet. If you DM me your number, I can set up a whatsapp group. In fact, can anyone else who is interested in joining the book club please DM me your numbers so I can set up a whatsapp group? It'll be easier to coordinate that way.

Kalpana89
@Seven-oh - I don't know why I missed all the previous responses on this forum, I only received notification of Pixiewhyte's message. Do you want to private message me your number? I have Kandia's number as well, so maybe at least the three of us can start with the book club.
Kalpana89
Hi all, I have spoken to Kandia and we have set up a doodle poll to see when everyone is available. The slots suggested are during the weekend, at 12pm. I have suggested that we meet at Flying Dodo in Bagatelle mall. Please click the link before to indicate your preference. Please let me know if the link is not working:

Kandia_A

@Kalpana89 thanks for sorting that out! Have just sent my availability. Looking forward to it

Kalpana89

@Kandia_A Thanks Kandia!

pixiewhyte
@Kalpana89

Hi it’s***
Hope to hear from you !
Beverley
Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : Do not share your contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Kandia_A

Hi All, 

It seems a lot of people are interested in joining the book club which is great! But @Kalpana89 and I haven't had many responses to arrange the first meet up (thanks to those who have responded).

We'd love for as many as people as possible to join, so if you're still interested please let us know your availability here: 

[link moderated]  

At the moment, Sunday 24th July is the clear winner, but that may change if more people vote for their preferred date smile.png 

So get voting people!! 

Nazninmk
@cleopatra101
I’m in
Nazninmk
@cleopatra101

When are you planning to start?
Nazninmk
Hi
Shall we start a book club as there a lot of us that responded.  Shall we set up a group email and then we can make plans to meet up. I live in the North.
Naznin
Nazninmk

Ok so my email is [link moderated]

I can set up a group email and a group whats app.  Whoever is here can meet up and we do zoom at the same time so members who are abroad can join in.  We can bring or send suggestions and then vote the books in? That is how my friends do it in Portugal but the meet very late at 7.30 pm is my 10.30 pm so I am not able to sig through it from 10.30pm to 12.30 am 
What time and which day? It could be a Saturday like 11 am? 

dansave70
Hi

I’ll happily join this book club if it’s still running

Dan
BlueAlila
Any interest in starting a group in the North?
@kyokunda
I am very interested as well in the book club as well. Where do I find more details?
Kandia_A
@dansave70

Hey! We're having our first meet up on Sunday 24th, July, at Flying Dodo (Bagatelle Mall) at midday if you're free to join? The more the merrier!
Kandia_A
@@kyokunda

Hey! We're having our first meet up on Sunday 24th, July, at Flying Dodo (Bagatelle Mall) at midday if you're free to join? The more the merrier!
@kyokunda

@Kandia_A Thanks. I will be there.

gayatrikl
Hey all! I recently moved here and this would be fantastic. Would love to join a new book club. Keep me posted! Im in the north.
Tony_Moris
Hello,

Would like to join in too.

@Kalpana89 already sent my mobile number though DM.

Thank you, good day everyone.
dansave70
@Kandia_A
Hi
I’m not available on the 24th but looking forward meeting you guys next time.

Thx
Dan
Vero
Hi Kandia_A,

For a better visibility among users, feel free to create an event on the Events in Mauritius. 1f642.svg

Vero
Expat.com team

Articles to help you in your expat project in Mauritius

• Driver's licence in Mauritius
    Driver's licence in Mauritius

Mauritius has a well-developed public transport network, although the frequency and working hours might not work ...

• Banking services in Mauritius
    Banking services in Mauritius

Opening a bank account in Mauritius can help you in many ways, including receiving your salary, paying your ...

• Emergency numbers in Mauritius
    Emergency numbers in Mauritius

The list below contains emergency numbers in Mauritius, should you be in need for assistance at any ...

• The health system in Mauritius
    The health system in Mauritius

Health is a major issue when moving abroad. Are expats eligible for the Mauritian health system? What are the ...

• Recommended doctors in Mauritius
    Recommended doctors in Mauritius

You might be needing medical assistance during your stay in Mauritius. Expat.com provides you with a list of ...

• Study in Mauritius
    Study in Mauritius

Mauritius is becoming a higher education hub for the region as it offers a great deal of options. Most Mauritian ...

• Buying a property in Mauritius
    Buying a property in Mauritius

The Economic Development Board reminds us that any non-citizen, whether an individual or an investor, is allowed ...

• Education in Mauritius
    Education in Mauritius

The Mauritian school system is based on the Anglo-Saxon model and is divided, as is often the case elsewhere, into ...

All of Mauritius's guide articles