Menu
Expat.com

Wanting to return home with VN citizen family

Last activity 19 July 2020 by roniniro

TigerPlease

I've enjoyed living in Vietnam on and off the past 4 years but wish to return home to Australia with my partner and our 1 year old child. What visas should I be looking at if we wish to make the move to Australia permanent?

My girlfriend has been to Australia with me once for a 3 month visit.

I just had a quick look online and saw that there is a PMV, Partner Visa and child Visa.

We have recently been tackling the citizen ship by descent paperwork for our child.

Any genuine advice is appreciated. I've burned out in recent months and just wish to return home with my family 😞

TigerPlease

Still here... Citizenship by decent for son application submitted. Waiting now. Any advice on the other above questions. I know it looks complicated and expensive, but we are hoping to return back to Australia as a family next year. Need someone knowledgeable to talk to.

Guest2023

You can contact me via PM if you want. Im doing the partner visa now.

THIGV

Based on your above conversation, I have the impression that Australia will allow the sponsorship of an unmarried partner and will not require a legal marriage for an immigrant visa.  If so, congratulations.  If not, could you explain further.

Guest2023

Still here...waiting for you!!

Contem talk
colinoscapee wrote:

Still here...waiting for you!!

I think i got you
one.png

TigerPlease

Sorry I didn't get an email notification. Will check now

roniniro

Hi, how did you go with applying for Visa's? Have you applied for Australian citizen by descent for your child? I'm in the process of tackling this and need some advice.

Cheers
Dean

Articles to help you in your expat project in Vietnam

All of Vietnam's guide articles