Menu
Expat.com

Need information of schools for 4yr old

Last activity 05 December 2019 by beppi

Ruch4491

Hi..
We will be shifting to Munich by March. My 4year old daughter is in ukg now.
Can anyone help me with the school details, fees and when the admission process starts also what are the things we should consider while selecting the school.

beppi

There are no schools for 4-year-olds.
You are either planning two years ahead, or you mean kindergartens?
In any case, the local ones (of course entirely in German language) are much cheaper (in case of schools; free), often offer the better quality of teaching and enable a quick and seamless integration of your kid into its new environment - something that I believe no parents would want to deny their child.

Ruch4491

Thanks a lot for your help.

I am looking a school for kindergarten class.
If you can help me with one more query then it would be great.
how will she get adjusted to the German school as my child doesn't know German language ,though she speaks and understands English very well.

beppi

Kindergarten is not considered “school” in Germany and there are no classes, only educational play and fun (which Germans are good at).
Foreign kids with no or little language skills can and do enter without preparations to no apparent ill effect - and they will be fluent in German after just 3 - 6 months (without any classes, just by being around German-speakers). It is amazing what a young mind is capable of!

Articles to help you in your expat project in Munich

• Study in Munich
    Study in Munich

Munich is a charming, multicultural city that has gained popularity among expats and international students. ...

• Working in Munich
    Working in Munich

Munich is the capital city of the state of Bavaria (Bayern), which is Germany's largest state with the ...

• Accommodation in Munich
    Accommodation in Munich

Munich is one of Germany's most popular cities among expats due to its prosperous economy and thriving labor ...

• Accommodation in Hamburg
    Accommodation in Hamburg

Are you looking for accommodation in Hamburg? This probably means that you are ready to move to this unique city ...

• Getting married in Germany
    Getting married in Germany

Non-German citizens can get married in Germany, whether to a German citizen or another foreign national. However, ...

• Accommodation in Dresden
    Accommodation in Dresden

Stretching over some 328km² in the Saxony region, Dresden is one of Germany's largest cities by area and ...

• Opening a bank account in Germany
    Opening a bank account in Germany

Expats who plan to stay in Germany for more than 3 months would benefit from opening a bank account with a German ...

• Entry requirements for Germany
    Entry requirements for Germany

Nationals of the EU and EEA can travel to Germany as short-term visitors without restrictions, with a national ...

All of Munich's guide articles