Air Ticket Entitlement for Resigned/Terminated Employee

Hi there,

I wanted to know more about air ticket entitlement for an employee who resigned/has been terminated/non renewal of contract from a private company.

Is the employer obligated to give the resigned/terminated/non renewal contract employee a one-way ticket back to his own country even the employee was hired locally?

And if the employee is entitled for a return air ticket after completion of 2 years service stated on his contract? Does that mean that he will have a return ticket for his leave and plus a one-way ticket to go back to his country to use since we're no longer renewing his contract?

As per article 27 of the LMRA Act:

ARTICLE (27)‎
FOREIGN WORKERS RETURN TRANSPORT EXPENSES‎

A-‎ Upon the termination of the employment relationship, the expiry ‎or the cancellation of the work permit, the last employer for ‎whom the work permit was issued shall be obliged to incur the ‎transport expenses of the foreign worker's transport to the place, ‎specified in the contract of employment. If the contract of ‎employment, did not specify such a location, the employer shall ‎bear the cost of the transport of the foreign worker to a location, ‎to which he belongs by nationality.‎
Such employers shall also bear the expenses of preparing and ‎transporting the corpse of a deceased foreign worker to the place of his ‎origin or to the place of residence should his family so requested.‎

B- If an employer employs a foreign worker without obtaining a permit, ‎the obligation to incur expenses referred to in the above Paragraph ‎shall shift to such an employer.‎

C- In cases requiring the deportation of a foreign worker, and in the ‎event of such worker's death, the relevant department in the Ministry of ‎Interior shall undertake the deportation or corpse transportation, if ‎applicable, at the Authority's expense.‎
The Authority shall refer to the employer for reimbursement of the ‎expenses resulting there from.‎

Basically, all it means that your employer should give you a one-way ticket back to your home country if you don't start working with another employer.

Thank you very much. That's very helpful.

Is it applicable for the resigned employee in between the contract as well?

Kindly confirm

Yes.  Employers are obliged to pay for a one-way ticket back to your home country when you resign and if you are going back.  If you stay, then forget about it.

How about if your employer did not renew your contract (finish the 2yrs) and you are not leaving the country, does it mean that you are not eligible to receive any amount for the ticket even if your contract states that there will be ticket for every completion of 2yrs?

Already answered before in this thread.  There is no legal obligation to provide a ticket to someone who is not leaving the country.

Thank you for elaborating it. Sorry i misread the other thread

Hi,
I would like to know if it is legal that the employer will only give a certain amount to the employee for a plane ticket regardless the price of the ticket then the employee will shoulder the remaining amount since the ticket price is very high. Pleae take note that it was stated in the contract that they will provide transit to the point origin after the contract/termination. Would really appreciate your response.

Already answered above.  Post #7.

It means they should provide the whole expense of ticket regardless the price, right? Can I ask help to ministry with this matter since my company don't want to provide one.

No.  If you are leaving Bahrain, they have to provide you a one-way ticket.  If you are not, they don't have to.  A lot of employers don't provide and it is very difficult to get them to do it even by involving Ministry.

Incurringthefeesofpertainingtorecruitmentofthesecondparty,thefeesoftheresidencepermit(Iqama),workpermitandtheirrenewalfeesandtheconsequentdelayoffines.Aswellas,professionalchangingfees,exitandreturnfeesandtheworkerreturnhometicket-inthesamemannerusedforarrival-aftertheendoftherelationshipbetweenthetwoparties.
What does it mean  (in the same manner used for arrival) ?
Is it the price of the plane ticket?
Because the employer wanted the employee to add an amount for the one waynreturn home  plane ticket after finishing the 2 year contract. Plane ticket this pandemic is high compared during arrival in saudi.. need help here. Thanks

Have no idea what you are saying as you did not write properly with spaces.  Secondly you are mentioning Saudi and this is the Bahrain forum.

Hello i have been working here for almost 4 yrs. I finished my 1st contract and decided to not to go back to my country for vacation. Obviously, my company renewed my contract for another two years, just want to ask if I decided to ask them about the two months pay leave, is it possible If i can ask my employer the plane ticket to encash it?

You can always ask but read the above posts - you are not guaranteed it.

How about you will resign ang going back home is your company entitled to pay your 1 way ticket?

A-‎ Upon the termination of the employment relationship, the expiry ‎or the cancellation of the work permit, the last employer for ‎whom the work permit was issued shall be obliged to incur the ‎transport expenses of the foreign worker's transport to the place, ‎specified in the contract of employment. If the contract of ‎employment, did not specify such a location, the employer shall ‎bear the cost of the transport of the foreign worker to a location, ‎to which he belongs by nationality.‎

Please read this.

Has been covered many times before:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=841333

Basically indemnity, unutilized leave and one way ticket.