Menu
Expat.com

Leaving job in first month with work visa

Last activity 21 April 2024 by logicalindian

saad47

If someone has work visa but he want to go back to his home country as he is not getting satteled and having family issues in firth month of the job can he resign what is the process is there any panalty from the employer

XTang

You can resign in probation period with one day notice.  No penalty.  In case of any issues, read this:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=841333

saad47

Thanks for the response i just want to ask as in contract it it is written that both the parties in end the contract by letting each other as three month notice does in that case someone need to stay for three month or not , and if someone have just spent 15 days and want to quit and get back to home

XTang

There is a probation period by law during which 1 day notice can be given.  Read the link I pasted above.

saad47

what if they ask to reimburse visa fee , my visa period is 6 month but expiry date shows two years

XTang

Read the link.  By law you don't need to pay anything.  If they ask and don't agree, the link has the process of how you can fight it.

saad47

Hi I have passport and visa along with me can i leave directly

XTang

Yes but then don't plan on coming back to Bahrain.  You can be marked as absconding and banned from entering or working in Bahrain again.

mukeshnegi293

Can i leave the company in bahrain if i came before 1 week with work visa and i find another job with more salary what i have to do

Andrewreevepara89

Is it commonplace for the employer to end the employment within probation period without good cause?

I am coming on May 1st with family. There is no reason to fail the probation but the stakes are higher given the upheaval!

XTang

This is what probation period is.  Either party can terminate without a reason or notice.

mukeshnegi293

@XTang is employee have to pay any visa fees to employer?

XTang

See the link in my first reply on this thread. Simple answer, no. And read that link before asking questions that have been answered many times before.

Shawtani0222

Hi I am working in baharin last 2 month I give my resign  my current employer  but he didn't accept i said to him according to baharin labour law in 1 day prior notice I will leave the job .But he threatened me and tell you go anywhere I don't care you go lmra etc. I want he just cancelled my visa thats it  But he refuse he ask me money I agreed also but he now refuse .then what should I do now

logicalindian

Read the above responses, if your in probation period you can leave and you don't have to pay anything. Probation is as per your contract what you signed with your employer

Articles to help you in your expat project in Bahrain

• Visas for Bahrain
    Visas for Bahrain

Almost all travellers to Bahrain require a visa, with the exception of passport holders from the GCC (Gulf ...

• Getting married in Bahrain
    Getting married in Bahrain

Bahrain allows anyone who resides in the country to get married, irrespective of nationality or religion. The ...

• Driving in Bahrain
    Driving in Bahrain

Expats love the freedom and convenience of driving, and many choose to purchase or rent their own car. But, ...

• Opening a bank account in Bahrain
    Opening a bank account in Bahrain

Opening a local bank account is essential for receiving your salary. The Wage Protection System (WPS) is designed ...

• Relocating with your pets to Bahrain
    Relocating with your pets to Bahrain

One of the decisions to make when relocating to a foreign country is what to do about pets. For many expats, there ...

• Starting a business in Bahrain
    Starting a business in Bahrain

According to the World Bank Group report for 2019, Bahrain lies 3rd out of 20 nations, for ease of doing business ...

• Studying in Bahrain
    Studying in Bahrain

The universities and colleges in Bahrain are too numerous to mention. The majority are Bahrain institutions, but ...

• Healthcare in Bahrain
    Healthcare in Bahrain

Bahrain has world-class medical facilities, health professionals, and easy access to medical treatments. Public ...

All of Bahrain's guide articles