Menu
Expat.com

DAILY LIFE IN VIETNAM DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC 2020-2021

Last activity 16 April 2022 by goodolboy

paulmsn
Erikji wrote:

The lockdown will probably for 2 months.

Source: https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/nuts- … 29833.html

That is the suggestion of some who commented, based on what Taiwan did.  It did not come from the government, which is currently saying 1-2 weeks more after 01 August.  That, of course, could change.

Jlgarbutt

If it does come to that then the economy is going to be trashed. But as it stands with growing numbers daily in HCM it might be the only workable solution

Fingers crossed the numbers start going down Nd give a tiny glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel.

A few friends who are Vietnamese have registered and recieved their first vaccine shot and it seems to be a good process so far. Obviously the number of doses available is the limiting factor here.

For sure there are still people out there making uneccessary trips, plenty of private cars in the major roads.

As a side note, truck drivers are being stopped and fined for breaking the rules. Yesterday several drivers reported that loads consisting of sanitary products for women and diapers were deemed not essential and recieved fines.

Who, how of what counts as unnecessary is not clear.. so if you see like I do empty spaces in shelves it could very well be the supplier has no clear directive and won't risk the penalty.

Just have to wait it out..

paulmsn

The management left a coupon in my door for shopping -- I can go on Saturday morning or Tuesday afternoon, so it seems we are still not completely locked down in this neighborhood.

paulmsn

This is interesting.  An idled tour bus operator is using its buses to transport and sell vegetables around the city.

https://vietnamnews.vn/economy/999134/b … -city.html

THIGV

Just got word that a relative of my wife has died from COVID in Thu Duc.  Not a close relative by western standards but still a relative in Vietnam.  She was a woman in her mid to late 40's.

Certainly if lockdown methods will work to contain this virus, then Vietnam is the place that has shown that it can be done.  However I fear that what worked with the original virus may not work with Delta.   If so, things could get a lot worse before they get better.

Jlgarbutt
paulmsn wrote:

The management left a coupon in my door for shopping -- I can go on Saturday morning or Tuesday afternoon, so it seems we are still not completely locked down in this neighborhood.

We haven't got to the coupon ticket stage here yet, but other areas nearby have it in place already and raises some questions.

Firstly if you go to one store do they keep the ticket meaning you cannot buy from another store on the same day?

Some areas say just one person can go with the ticket.. so if you have heavy items to carry then that possibly limited who can go. For example bottle water delivery ha been stopped again.. assume we have to carry those ?

Are there any guarantees in place same choice of food will be available in every day? So far we have seen some shops sell out on the delivery day and don't have that same item or items for several days.

Might be abetter idea to limit persons in odd or even numbered apartments and floors to go on certain days.. just an idea.

goodolboy
THIGV wrote:

Just got word that a relative of my wife has died from COVID in Thu Duc.  Not a close relative by western standards but still a relative in Vietnam.  She was a woman in her mid to late 40's.

She was a woman in her mid to late 40's

But..........did she have a previous serious medical history? it matters otherwise people might get scared from your post.

Jlgarbutt
goodolboy wrote:
THIGV wrote:

But..........did she have a previous serious medical history? it matters otherwise people might get scared from your post.

Valid question..

Even simple everyday conditions can make a difference. Someone I know has been told to avoid vaccine for the time being due to kidney stones .

goodolboy
Jlgarbutt wrote:
paulmsn wrote:

We haven't got to the coupon ticket stage here yet, but other areas nearby have it in place already and raises some questions.

Some areas say just one person can go with the ticket.. so if you have heavy items to carry then that possibly limited who can go. For example bottle water delivery ha been stopped again.. assume we have to carry those ?.

Interesting really to see how different people have different experiences in different areas.
Here probably cos the supplier is internal to the complex but yesterday we got a door delivery 4 each of the 20 ltr bottles drinking water.
Today got delivery fresh baked sliced bread (sandwich in Vietnamese terms) Yesterday got Strongbow, milk & fresh corn on the cob delivered from the ma n pa shop inside the complex ordered on Zalo.

Just as a matter of interest..............I ordered Flora margarine, marmalade & toilet Blue stuff from Shoppe this morning & all say ready for delivery tomorrow.

Jlgarbutt

We can easily go to local stores that are internal to the complex.. but these are limited to 5 liter water bottles..anything larger is delivery only that seems to stop and start all the time.

Bread.. haha since Mastige closed done with no customers the best option is a trip to Big C.. but no guarantee they have any, today all sold out

paulmsn
Jlgarbutt wrote:
paulmsn wrote:

Firstly if you go to one store do they keep the ticket meaning you cannot buy from another store on the same day?

Some areas say just one person can go with the ticket.. so if you have heavy items to carry then that possibly limited who can go. For example bottle water delivery ha been stopped again.. assume we have to carry those ?

Are there any guarantees in place same choice of food will be available in every day? So far we have seen some shops sell out on the delivery day and don't have that same item or items for several days.

Might be abetter idea to limit persons in odd or even numbered apartments and floors to go on certain days.. just an idea.

The first time, they gave us three coupons with the three valid days on them.  One store took one when I offered it, but the other two stores did not ask, and I didn't offer.  This time, it is one coupon with the two valid days printed on it, and I expect they will let me keep it.  I have no idea if different floors are getting different days.  I expect so. 

The reason I had to go on two days last time is because I couldn't carry all the bottled drinks I needed on one trip.  I did see people waiting for someone else to come out of the store, so maybe one at a time is the rule.  There was a lot of food at the new grocery, but some items were not available, so I had to look elsewhere.  So far, they always have fresh meat, but it has only been one kind at a time.  The Vinmart is iffy, and often doesn't have any meat I want, or any vegetables, either.  I haven't tried the Coop since the lockdown.

paulmsn
Jlgarbutt wrote:

Valid question..

Even simple everyday conditions can make a difference. Someone I know has been told to avoid vaccine for the time being due to kidney stones .

I read about a week ago that a woman in her thirties with no known pre-existing conditions died.  I think it was in one of the Mekong Delta provinces.

Jlgarbutt
paulmsn wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:
paulmsn wrote:

The first time, they gave us three coupons with the three valid days on them.  One store took one when I offered it, but the other two stores did not ask, and I didn't offer.  This time, it is one coupon with the two valid days printed on it, and I expect they will let me keep it.  I have no idea if different floors are getting different days.  I expect so. 

The reason I had to go on two days last time is because I couldn't carry all the bottled drinks I needed on one trip.  I did see people waiting for someone else to come out of the store, so maybe one at a time is the rule.  There was a lot of food at the new grocery, but some items were not available, so I had to look elsewhere.  So far, they always have fresh meat, but it has only been one kind at a time.  The Vinmart is iffy, and often doesn't have any meat I want, or any vegetables, either.  I haven't tried the Coop since the lockdown.

The heavy items could be an issue. Today Topps or Big C no longer offering delivery service so anyone buying drinks or water bottle are stumped.. this is the store in Cantavil D2..

THIGV
goodolboy wrote:
THIGV wrote:

My recollection is that she was overweight but I don't know anything else.

Ciambella
Jlgarbutt wrote:

The heavy items could be an issue. Today Topps or Big C no longer offering delivery service so anyone buying drinks or water bottle are stumped.. this is the store in Cantavil D2..

You don't have water delivery by a distributor?

In Saigon, GrabExpress, GrabMart, Gojek, Be, and NowFresh continue to shop or pick up paid merchandise at supermarkets and convenience stores and deliver to you.  They also deliver cooked food.

My relatives live in Q2, Phu Nhuan, and Tan Binh.  They still have everything they need and want, just as it was before the lockdown.

We have a different system here in VT with many private delivery teams.  My husband, my great-grandniece and I haven't opened the gate for 15 days now, except to accept deliveries, and the only thing I miss in my routine is iced coffee with coconut milk and tapioca pearls (addictive stuff even to a non-coffee drinker such as I.)  Everything else is the same and delivered.

Jlgarbutt

Update.. D2 An Phu

Last night management inform residence we have two positive covid cases in one of the towers, regular shoppers at K-Mart down below has since forced closure.

That leaves us with four food shops inside the development and one just outside.

None today have meat available, bread and very few vegetables.. deliveries to blame for suppliers who are closed due to either positive testing or delivery restrictions (I assume food would be essential)

Big C Topps Cantavil has a bakery in-store but still no bread abailable.. meat and veggies is hit and miss depending on what day you go. But cannot order for delivery as that has been stopped.

Mega Market An Phu still open but rumours are it's on a ticket or voucher basis only..

Haven't seen daily figures for new cases today, fingers crossed tighter restrictions in place are starting to have an effect.

What are everyones thoughts long term post (it ever) covid?

goodolboy
Jlgarbutt wrote:

Update.. D2 An Phu

Last night management inform residence we have two positive covid cases in one of the towers, regular shoppers at K-Mart down below has since forced closure.

That leaves us with four food shops inside the development and one just outside.

None today have meat available, bread and very few vegetables.. deliveries to blame for suppliers who are closed due to either positive testing or delivery restrictions (I assume food would be essential)

Big C Topps Cantavil has a bakery in-store but still no bread abailable.. meat and veggies is hit and miss depending on what day you go. But cannot order for delivery as that has been stopped.

Mega Market An Phu still open but rumours are it's on a ticket or voucher basis only..

Haven't seen daily figures for new cases today, fingers crossed tighter restrictions in place are starting to have an effect.

What are everyones thoughts long term post (it ever) covid?

from the Min of Health update as of this  morning 06.00

NOTICE OF 4,992 NEW CASE

HCMC .........................2,740 new cases
Binh Duong................1,284 new cases

NOTICE ON 2,821 NEW CASE

from the Min of Health update as of 29th  morning 06.00
HCMC .........................1,715new cases
Binh Duong................406 new cases

NOTICE ON 2,861 NEW CASE

from the Min of Health update as of 28th  morning 06.00
HCMC .........................2,115new cases

Above is just a snapshot, so its certainly not going away thats for sure. Just stay locked up tight & hope for the best.
Said before but anyone who has seen the inside of the Covid isolation hospitals certainly not going to expose themselves to getting it if they can help it. Certainly not this "goodolboy" anyways.
Everything is available internally here so why go out. Home made things that look like miniature Cornish Pasties delivered this morning for supper tonight, Just ordered Chicken Curry for Sunday, sliced bread loaf (sandwich) about 2 minutes ago for delivery 3pm, to my door. Here at Celadon City there are 5 FB residents forums & everything is for sale there & for home to the door delivery. No one takes cash for safety I suppose all done on line.

[link under review]

Jlgarbutt

Yeah found a residemt who bakes a LOT of bread , another neighbour somehow has more fresh fruit an vegetables than the shops..

Not 100% comfortable with the positive test cases staying at home... if it stays just the two of them then hopefully will be ok..

goodolboy
Jlgarbutt wrote:

Yeah found a residemt who bakes a LOT of bread , another neighbour somehow has more fresh fruit an vegetables than the shops..

Not 100% comfortable with the positive test cases staying at home... if it stays just the two of them then hopefully will be ok..

Oh so now if you get it f0 you stay at home.......right?

Jlgarbutt
goodolboy wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:

Oh so now if you get it f0 you stay at home.......right?

That seems to be the plan... not ideal, but hey there is one tower seperating us. Not sure how they decide on the risk level of self isolation

Jlgarbutt

Just spotted this on CNN

Washington (CNN)The Delta coronavirus variant surging across the United States appears to cause more severe illness and spread as easily as chickenpox, according to an internal document from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The document -- a slide presentation -- outlines unpublished data that shows fully vaccinated people might spread the Delta variant at the same rate as unvaccinated people.
CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky confirmed the authenticity of the document, which was first reported by The Washington Post.
"I think people need to understand that we're not crying wolf here. This is serious," she told CNN.
"It's one of the most transmissible viruses we know about. Measles, chickenpox, this -- they're all up there."
CDC recommends encouraging everyone to wear a mask in school, regardless of vaccination status
CDC recommends encouraging everyone to wear a mask in school, regardless of vaccination status
The CDC is scheduled to publish data Friday that will back Walensky's controversial decision to change guidance for fully vaccinated people. She said Tuesday the CDC was recommending that even fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in places where transmission of the virus is sustained or high.
And she said everyone in schools -- students, staff and visitors -- should wear masks at all times.
"The measures we need to get this under control -- they're extreme. The measures you need are extreme," Walensky told CNN.
She said the data in the report did not surprise her. "It was the synthesis of the data all in one place that was sobering," she said.
CDC updates guidance, recommends vaccinated people wear masks indoors in certain areas
CDC updates guidance, recommends vaccinated people wear masks indoors in certain areas
The CDC presentation says the Delta variant is about as transmissible as chickenpox, with each infected person, on average, infecting eight or nine others. The original lineage was about as transmissible as the common cold, with each infected person passing the virus to about two other people on average.
That infectivity is known as R0.
"When you think about diseases that have an R0 of eight or nine -- there aren't that many," Walensky told CNN.
And if vaccinated people get infected anyway, they have as much virus in their bodies as unvaccinated people. That means they're as likely to infect someone else as unvaccinated people who get infected.
"The bottom line was that, in contrast to the other variants, vaccinated people, even if they didn't get sick, got infected and shed virus at similar levels as unvaccinated people who got infected," Dr. Walter Orenstein, who heads the Emory Vaccine Center and who viewed the documents, told CNN.
But vaccinated people are safer, the document indicates.
"Vaccines prevent more than 90% of severe disease, but may be less effective at preventing infection or transmission," it reads. "Therefore, more breakthrough and more community spread despite vaccination."
It says vaccines reduce the risk of severe disease or death 10-fold and reduce the risk of infection three-fold.
What the CDC's 'substantial' and 'high' levels of Covid-19 transmission actually mean
What the CDC's 'substantial' and 'high' levels of Covid-19 transmission actually mean
The presentation also cites three reports that indicate the Delta variant -- originally known as B.1.617.2 -- might cause more severe disease.
The CDC, the document advises, should "acknowledge the war has changed." It recommends vaccine mandates and universal mask requirements.
The virus is once against surging across the US -- especially in areas where fewer people are vaccinated.
The US averaged more than 61,300 new daily cases over the last week -- an average that's generally risen since the country hit a 2021 low of 11,299 daily cases on June 22, according to Johns Hopkins University data.
"The number of cases we have now is higher than any number we had on any given day last summer," Walensky told CNN.
As of Wednesday, cases have risen in all but one state in the past seven days compared with the week before, according to Johns Hopkins.
Analysis: CDC fails to publish data needed to judge risk of breakthrough infection
Analysis: CDC fails to publish data needed to judge risk of breakthrough infection
"The one thing I will say is I've been heartened in the past couple of days to see more people taking action in response to the fact that it's bad -- more organizations, businesses, states, localities taking the action that's needed to get us out of this," Walensky said.
The CDC document walks through new "communication challenges" as a result of breakthrough infections, along with the need to retool public health messaging to highlight vaccination as the best defense against the Delta variant.
The agency should "improve (the) public's understanding of breakthrough infections" and "improve communications around individual risk among vaccinated," it says.
Earlier Thursday, President Joe Biden announced a number of new steps his administration will take to try to get more Americans vaccinated, including requiring that all federal employees must attest to being vaccinated against Covid-19 or face strict protocols.

"This is an American tragedy. People are dying -- and will die -- who don't have to die. If you're out there unvaccinated, you don't have to die," Biden said during remarks at the White House. "Read the news. You'll see stories of unvaccinated patients in hospitals, as they're lying in bed dying from Covid-19, they're asking, 'Doc, can I get the vaccine?' The doctors have to say, 'Sorry, it's too late.' "

Ciambella

The lockdown in VT is being extended for two more weeks, same as Saigon.  That means the last day of lockdown will be Aug 16.

goodolboy
Jlgarbutt wrote:

Just spotted this on CNN

Washington (CNN)The Delta coronavirus variant surging across the United States appears to cause more severe illness and spread as easily as chickenpox, according to an internal document from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The document -- a slide presentation -- outlines unpublished data that shows fully vaccinated people might spread the Delta variant at the same rate as unvaccinated people.
CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky confirmed the authenticity of the document, which was first reported by The Washington Post.
"I think people need to understand that we're not crying wolf here. This is serious," she told CNN.
"It's one of the most transmissible viruses we know about. Measles, chickenpox, this -- they're all up there."
The CDC is scheduled to publish data Friday that will back Walensky's controversial decision to change guidance for fully vaccinated people. She said Tuesday the CDC was recommending that even fully vaccinated people wear masks indoors in places where transmission of the virus is sustained or high.
And she said everyone in schools -- students, staff and visitors -- should wear masks at all times.
"The measures we need to get this under control -- they're extreme. The measures you need are extreme," Walensky told CNN.
She said the data in the report did not surprise her. "It was the synthesis of the data all in one place that was sobering," she said.
The CDC presentation says the Delta variant is about as transmissible as chickenpox, with each infected person, on average, infecting eight or nine others. The original lineage was about as transmissible as the common cold, with each infected person passing the virus to about two other people on average.
That infectivity is known as R0.
"When you think about diseases that have an R0 of eight or nine -- there aren't that many," Walensky told CNN.
And if vaccinated people get infected anyway, they have as much virus in their bodies as unvaccinated people. That means they're as likely to infect someone else as unvaccinated people who get infected.
"The bottom line was that, in contrast to the other variants, vaccinated people, even if they didn't get sick, got infected and shed virus at similar levels as unvaccinated people who got infected," Dr. Walter Orenstein, who heads the Emory Vaccine Center and who viewed the documents, told CNN.
But vaccinated people are safer, the document indicates.
"Vaccines prevent more than 90% of severe disease, but may be less effective at preventing infection or transmission," it reads. "Therefore, more breakthrough and more community spread despite vaccination."
It says vaccines reduce the risk of severe disease or death 10-fold and reduce the risk of infection three-fold.
The presentation also cites three reports that indicate the Delta variant -- originally known as B.1.617.2 -- might cause more severe disease.
The CDC, the document advises, should "acknowledge the war has changed." It recommends vaccine mandates and universal mask requirements.
The virus is once against surging across the US -- especially in areas where fewer people are vaccinated.
The US averaged more than 61,300 new daily cases over the last week -- an average that's generally risen since the country hit a 2021 low of 11,299 daily cases on June 22, according to Johns Hopkins University data.
"The number of cases we have now is higher than any number we had on any given day last summer," Walensky told CNN.
As of Wednesday, cases have risen in all but one state in the past seven days compared with the week before, according to Johns Hopkins.
"The one thing I will say is I've been heartened in the past couple of days to see more people taking action in response to the fact that it's bad -- more organizations, businesses, states, localities taking the action that's needed to get us out of this," Walensky said.
The CDC document walks through new "communication challenges" as a result of breakthrough infections, along with the need to retool public health messaging to highlight vaccination as the best defense against the Delta variant.
The agency should "improve (the) public's understanding of breakthrough infections" and "improve communications around individual risk among vaccinated," it says.
Earlier Thursday, President Joe Biden announced a number of new steps his administration will take to try to get more Americans vaccinated, including requiring that all federal employees must attest to being vaccinated against Covid-19 or face strict protocols.

"This is an American tragedy. People are dying -- and will die -- who don't have to die. If you're out there unvaccinated, you don't have to die," Biden said during remarks at the White House. "Read the news. You'll see stories of unvaccinated patients in hospitals, as they're lying in bed dying from Covid-19, they're asking, 'Doc, can I get the vaccine?' The doctors have to say, 'Sorry, it's too late.' "

& 100usd bonus for everyone in USA if they come forward to get vaccinated.

Erikji
Ciambella wrote:

That means the last day of lockdown will be Aug 16.

No, it will be the day of the next extension.

dionstravels

the $100 won't be enough to cover the costs arising from any post complications arising, let alone the insurance costs.

goodolboy

Dusting with disinfectant at Celadon City. Thank you Gamuda Land for taking care of us.

dusting-at-emerald.png

Ciambella
Erikji wrote:

No, it will be the day of the next extension.

The lockdown will be extended on Aug 2 for two more weeks, meaning the lockdown extension begins on Aug 2 and last until Aug 16, meaning the lockdown will end on Aug 16.

jayrozzetti23

"The number of recoveries since the start of the pandemic rose to 35,484 after 3,704 patients were confirmed recovered on Friday."

Source: https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/vietn … 33200.html

Ciambella

@John Ross:  Please check your PM.

Erikji
Ciambella wrote:

meaning the lockdown will end on Aug 16.

Yes, exactly as the lockdown was supposed to end on Aug 1st !

Jlgarbutt

Got to love local planning

We have been issued (22.00hrs today - Friday) with our vouche for ticket to go food shopping .. hurrah.. safety or safer I should say

BUT. We get to go on Wednesday and Friday... Four days away. Not a lot of thought went into issuing tickets. And the between 07.30 & 10.30 or 13.30 & 16.00 hrs.. times are okay for me, work from home. Then I realise those stores nearest me have fresh deliveries at 11am and against 5pm..

Thank God for local in- house merchants

pogiwayne

Dionstravels: What post complications? In USA all the Covid vaccines are FREE. If insured it is covered 100% if not insured cost is covered by the government.

goodolboy

This might sound like a Mr Thicko question again but I will ask it anyways.
On the MINISTRY OF HEALTH Covid update figures it gives numbers as of 06.00 & numbers as of about 19.00 hrs. So my question & request for guidance is this..........are these two stated numbers given over a 12 hours period or is one of them a total over 24 hours?

paulmsn
dionstravels wrote:

the $100 won't be enough to cover the costs arising from any post complications arising, let alone the insurance costs.

Yeah, sore arms are hella expensive to treat.

Ciambella
goodolboy wrote:

On the MINISTRY OF HEALTH Covid update figures it gives numbers as of 06.00 & numbers as of about 19.00 hrs. So my question & request for guidance is this..........are these two stated numbers given over a 12 hours period or is one of them a total over 24 hours?

Would you post the link or copy and paste the whole paragraph so the question will be clearer, please?

goodolboy
Ciambella wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

Would you post the link or copy and paste the whole paragraph so the question will be clearer, please?

Oh, there you go & thanks if you look & explain, it might be English translation that makes it confusing for me.

https://ncov.moh.gov.vn/

Ciambella
goodolboy wrote:

Oh, there you go & thanks if you look & explain, it might be English translation that makes it confusing for me.

There are many articles, which one were you reading?  If you just copy and paste the paragraph, it would be easier.

goodolboy
Ciambella wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

There are many articles, which one were you reading?  If you just copy and paste the paragraph, it would be easier.

Its the bottom right gives a daily update. you can click on "see more" & it gives you like a daily or half daily summery & total going right back weeks.

NOTICE ON 4,060 NEW CASES

Recorded domestically in TP. Ho Chi Minh City (2,503), Binh Duong (868), Dong Nai (222), Tien Giang (123), Ba Ria - Vung Tau (76), Can Tho (55), Vinh Long (48), Binh Thuan (38). ), Dong Thap (31), Phu Yen (28), Kien Giang (16), Dak Lak (11), Son La (10), Binh Dinh (9), Thua Thien Hue (4), Quang Tri (4) , Dak Nong (4), Hanoi (3), Nghe An (2), Ha Tinh (2), Hau Giang (2), Kon Tum (1) in which there are 973 cases in the community.

- As of the morning of July 31, Vietnam had 141,122 cases, including 2,235 imported cases and 138,887 domestic cases.

- The number of new cases recorded in the country during the epidemic since April 27 to now is 137,317, of which 32,710 patients have been declared cured.

- There are 04/62 provinces and cities that have not recorded new cases for 14 days: Yen Bai, Dien Bien, Quang Ninh, Bac Kan.

- There are 9 provinces and cities with no secondary infection in the area: Lao Cai, Ninh Binh, Kon Tum, Ha Giang, Son La, Lai Chau, Tuyen Quang, Quang Tri, Nam Dinh.

Jlgarbutt

Today we have announcement in our building that if you are registered and elderly to report for your vaccination... So looks promising going forwards.

On another note beware of ordering fresh meat from unknown suppliers. Today I see maybe 30-40 deliveries made to other residents in accordance with security and distancing.

Nearly all have taken to internal Facebook groups reporting cutting the pork open shows signs if cysts and abnormal growths and know the supplier has vanished..

Ciambella
goodolboy wrote:

I can't find the part that shows the hours from your link, but from what I saw before in the daily reports in VT, the numbers are collected twice a day.  For example, if the sentences are:
- there are 500 new cases at 6:00 hrs
- there are 710 new cases at 19:00 hrs
then the meaning would be:  "At 6:00 AM today, the record shows 500 new cases.  At 19:00 (7:00 PM) today, the record shows 710 new cases." 

The count continues until the day ends, so the last number given is the total number of the day.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Vietnam

• Dating In Vietnam
    Dating In Vietnam

If you're considering moving to Hanoi, or Ho Chi Minh City, the dating scene may be of interest to you. ...

• Making phone calls in Vietnam
    Making phone calls in Vietnam

The telecommunications sector in Vietnam has flourished throughout the past two decades. Like many foreigners, ...

• Moving to Vietnam with your pet
    Moving to Vietnam with your pet

If you are planning to move to Vietnam with a pet, there are a number of formalities that have to be completed ...

• Getting married in Vietnam
    Getting married in Vietnam

Have you met that perfect someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with? Luckily, getting married in ...

• Driving in Vietnam
    Driving in Vietnam

Vietnam is known for four categories of lush and diverse landscapes, and one of the easiest ways to see firsthand ...

• The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi
    The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi

Formerly known as Thang Long, Vietnam's present capital city was renamed Hanoi in 1831. This enchanting, ...

• Sports activities in Hanoi
    Sports activities in Hanoi

We know there's a lot of attention on the drinking culture in Hanoi, but what about the options for a healthy ...

• Internet in Vietnam
    Internet in Vietnam

Vietnam is currently ranked 39th internationally for internet connection and has an average download speed of ...

All of Vietnam's guide articles