Menu
Expat.com

DAILY LIFE IN VIETNAM DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC 2020-2021

Last activity 16 April 2022 by goodolboy

goodolboy
Ciambella wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

This might sound like a Mr Thicko question again but I will ask it anyways.
On the MINISTRY OF HEALTH Covid update figures it gives numbers as of 06.00 & numbers as of about 19.00 hrs. So my question & request for guidance is this..........are these two stated numbers given over a 12 hours period or is one of them a total over 24 hours?

I can't find the part that shows the hours from your link, but from what I saw before in the daily reports in VT, the numbers are collected twice a day.  For example, if the sentences are:
- there are 500 new cases at 6:00 hrs
- there are 710 new cases at 19:00 hrs
then the meaning would be:  "At 6:00 AM today, the record shows 500 new cases.  At 19:00 (7:00 PM) today, the record shows 710 new cases." 

The count continues until the day ends, so the last number given is the total number of the day.

Thanks Ciambella that explains exactly what I was unsure about.

Erikji

Vung Tau: Total yesterday 83,
this morning 46.
Capture.jpg

goodolboy

Just thought I would share this when I see a lot of bad press for Vietnamese landlords on the forum. This morning our landlady phoned to see how we were doing during the lock down & to say she was reducing our rent by 50% until lock down is over. We did not ask for it or even intimate that we wanted her to do it or even needed her to do it. Ms My thanked her very much for her kindness & wished her & her family be lucky & healthy during this difficult period.
We then passed the same discount on to our Vietnamese family tenants as they definitely wont be having the income they had before lock down.

Ciambella
goodolboy wrote:

Just thought I would share this when I see a lot of bad press for Vietnamese landlords on the forum.

At least a dozen landlords in VT are letting their tenants stay rent free and utility free.  Many landlords give their tenants free food (rice, meat, vegetables) in addition to the free rent.  One landlady has been giving each family a chicken every 3 days.

The landlords said they'll continue doing that until lockdown is over.

Granted, those are landlords of nhà trọ and phòng trọ so the income they lost are not very high, but the tenants at those places are poor people who need the generosity more than anyone else.

AndyHCMC
goodolboy wrote:

Just thought I would share this when I see a lot of bad press for Vietnamese landlords on the forum. This morning our landlady phoned to see how we were doing during the lock down & to say she was reducing our rent by 50% until lock down is over. We did not ask for it or even intimate that we wanted her to do it or even needed her to do it. Ms My thanked her very much for her kindness & wished her & her family be lucky & healthy during this difficult period.
We then passed the same discount on to our Vietnamese family tenants as they definitely wont be having the income they had before lock down.

Ours discounted 35% in March before the hard lockdown, we are due to pay today maybe she will go further, it is good to see that owners are understanding that some people now have no job or no way of generating income.

goodolboy
Ciambella wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

Just thought I would share this when I see a lot of bad press for Vietnamese landlords on the forum.

At least a dozen landlords in VT are letting their tenants stay rent free and utility free.  Many landlords also give their tenant free food (rice, meat, vegetables).  One landlady gives each family of her tenants a chicken every 3 days.

All of them said they'll continue doing that until lockdown is over.

Granted, those are landlords of nhà trọ and phòng trọ so the income they lost are not very high, but the tenants at those places are poor people who need the generosity more than anyone else.

one.pngheart.png

Guest2023
Andybris2020 wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

Ours discounted 35% in March before the hard lockdown, we are due to pay today maybe she will go further, it is good to see that owners are understanding that some people now have no job or no way of generating income.

Mine increased it 27% in June, money hungry cow.

Jlgarbutt
colinoscapee wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

No discount here either.... 
Just been nosing at other apartments, Da Nang for the same size and number of room so have in D2 is less than half the price.. walking distance to the beach too

AndyHCMC
colinoscapee wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

OMG! they could have had an empty rental if you had told them to go.....

AndyHCMC
Jlgarbutt wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:

Just been nosing at other apartments, Da Nang for the same size and number of room so have in D2 is less than half the price.. walking distance to the beach too

Long walk to the beach in Da Nang from D2 where you are in lock down and pretty hard to get in to Da Nang seeing they have also just gone in to lock down,, your options are find a cheaper place in HCMC or wait until,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you can go to Da Nang  cool.png

Jlgarbutt
Andybris2020 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Long walk to the beach in Da Nang from D2 where you are in lock down and pretty hard to get in to Da Nang seeing they have also just gone in to lock down,, your options are find a cheaper place in HCMC or wait until,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you can go to Da Nang  cool.png

Haha yes should have stipulated long term.. Da Nang would be post covid if it ever ends.

fred2796
zincity wrote:
Ciambella wrote:

Husband was out riding the bike this afternoon, sticking to the order to stay within one's ward.  Upon return, he said the entire 6km area between Back Beach and Front Beach -- oceanview and inland streets -- was completely empty and eerily silent with the look and feel of the movie On the Beach (Brian Brown & Rachel Ward).

Boy, I hope you saw the 1959 original with Gregory Peck, Ava Gardner, Anthony Perkins and Fred Astair, far superior!

indeed.

fred2796
Jlgarbutt wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:

mr garbutt sir, if it is not too personal, for comparison, how much are you paying p/m now for apartment? 2-bed or 3-bed? m3?

(because i think about Da Nang (or Hue or Hoi An)

Jlgarbutt
fred2796 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

mr garbutt sir, if it is not too personal, for comparison, how much are you paying p/m now for apartment? 2-bed or 3-bed? m3?

D2 - two bed/ bath apartment is 12 million... 74 sq meters.. can find similar in Da Nang for 5 million

Guest2023
Andybris2020 wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:

OMG! they could have had an empty rental if you had told them to go.....

The problem was we only needed to stay an extra 3-months before moving back to Australia. Not worth looking for and moving to another place for 3-months.

Ciambella
Jlgarbutt wrote:

D2 - two bed/ bath apartment is 12 million... 74 sq meters.. can find similar in Da Nang for 5 million

My niece owns an apartment in Thao Dien 3; 2br 2 bath but a bit smaller than yours, which she rents out for a discount rate of 17M (it was 20M - 22M before Covid).  Service is neither included nor offered.  Tenants are a young Vietnamese couple in their early 30s, no children, no pet (her two requirements), who signed a 2-year contract with 3-month deposit in June. 

Way out of our league.

Jlgarbutt

Price here is average I guess, all this talk of discount just made me look a tother areas. Da Nang has always been a favourite, beach is a plus, coastal location might have cleaner air.. Hoi An just down the road..

Anyway nothing happening for a while yet.. darn covid still here

AndyHCMC

Update on the rent, we just spoke to owner and she discounted down more from 35% to now 50% off original contract price.

Erikji

Vung Tau: 184 cases today

fred2796
Jlgarbutt wrote:
fred2796 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:

thanks for info, sir.

it is all comparative isn't it? $A720 p/MONTH is a steal really; but still too much for me in my current limited circumatsnces.

but prices you mention in Da Nang sound very doable - very comparable to current  (apart from the moving!) but my wife is another thing altogether :-)

goodolboy

Good start to a Monday morning. Well I think this graph is positive indication that the lock down is working. I live in hope!

Covid-Graph.png

goodolboy

Just announced starting today over 65's at Celadon City will start to be vaccinated with Astra. Will be interesting to see if the old registered foreigner (me) really does qualify. If not its not that hard, just solitary confinement for a year until its legally available & happy to pay for it.

Erikji
goodolboy wrote:

Good start to a Monday morning. Well I think this graph is positive indication that the lock down is working. I live in hope!

I just see a stagnation on your graph.

In HCMC I think we can say it decreases.
But really really slowly, so if the objective remains unchanged (reach 0 case, zero-covid strategy), the lockdown will still lasta few more months.
Capture.jpg

AndyHCMC

Having been told since the start of covid "lock down for 14 days" to stop the spread, I'll bet schools wont open this year and highly likely that lock down will still be here when your tucking into your Christmas dinner.
Ive seen news stories about gov hopes to hit 70% heard immunity half way through 2022,,, they must have data and a plan/target so if they think mud 2022 I cant see lockdowns ending any time soon.

goodolboy
Andybris2020 wrote:

Having been told since the start of covid "lock down for 14 days" to stop the spread, I'll bet schools wont open this year and highly likely that lock down will still be here when your tucking into your Christmas dinner.
Ive seen news stories about gov hopes to hit 70% heard immunity half way through 2022,,, they must have data and a plan/target so if they think mud 2022 I cant see lockdowns ending any time soon.

Personally & I emphasise personally I think it will be like every other country that has had a lock down strategy as part of their Covid response.
Lockdown until........................Covid figures drop to whats considered acceptable level.
Lock down lifted until..............Covid figures increase to whats considered unacceptable level.
Lockdown until........................Covid figures drop to whats considered acceptable level.
& it will go on like that until vaccine levels reduce infection levels, just like every other country has done or is in the process of trying to do.
There is a lot more at stake here than Covid & the importance of the economy here is just like every other country, difference here is the power of the government & the willingness of the Vietnamese people accept whats needed to put food on the table.
I think the way things are going we will be out of "hard lock down" by the end of this month & will be back in & out until the vaccine effect starts to make a difference.
In my opinion that is!

paulmsn
Erikji wrote:

I just see a stagnation on your graph.

In HCMC I think we can say it decreases.
But really really slowly, so if the objective remains unchanged (reach 0 case, zero-covid strategy), the lockdown will still lasta few more months.
https://i.ibb.co/nBKK4n7/Capture.jpg

I doubt that zero has been the objective for the government since this wave spiraled out of control.  They just want to bring the numbers down, I think.

paulmsn

Does anyone know if someone published a graph showing HCMC cases only?  I'd like to see one.

Jlgarbutt
paulmsn wrote:

Does anyone know if someone published a graph showing HCMC cases only?  I'd like to see one.

Would be interested also, especially by district showimg what areas are worst hit. There was ar some point a covid infection map.. isnthat still viewable anywhere?

Does anyone knowmif the NVCOVI app works like the track and trace version from overseas? Wojld be interesting to see how and where the njmber of infections is going up

Travelfar
paulmsn wrote:

Is this the one?  VNExpress Covid graphs

paulmsn
Travelfar wrote:
paulmsn wrote:

Is this the one?  VNExpress Covid graphs

Yes, the Shift by Day chart on HCMC is the one I wanted.  Thanks.

It shows the number of new cases each day in HCMC has gone down the past few days, with today's number incomplete.

goodolboy

So not exactly all hell has broken lose here this afternoon but certainly picked up a notch. Started with the door bell ringing & a rep from the management company requesting that myself & Ms My need to fill in a new vaccination form on line specifically for Emerald Block F.
Basically looks like there are now a considerable amount of new f0 cases within Celadon City (40 ) & seems to be concentrated between Ruby & Topaz precincts. From what I can gather looks like they are trying to upgraded the urgency for vaccination here at Ward level & again only from what I can gather they are looking to vaccinate the whole complex within the next couple of days. Social media groups for Celadon City have gone mental on it with photos of ambulance outside Ruby & worse still it looks like some cases are noted at one of the houses that distribute food & veg within the complex. Ah well hey ho looks like the next few days could be interesting hmm.png

Ciambella
goodolboy wrote:

From what I can gather looks like they are trying to upgraded the urgency for vaccination here at Ward level &

The more things happen, the sooner the vaccination starts.

Jlgarbutt
Ciambella wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

From what I can gather looks like they are trying to upgraded the urgency for vaccination here at Ward level &

I got slated last week for even mentioning the idea that food and veg deliveries are inadvertently spreading covid..
Bad news.. 40 new cases is a lot..Ake's the dozen here look quite take.

We have regular announcements those over 65 need to report for vaccination. But there are not enough vaccines to go round

tunnelrat69
Ciambella wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

I have a serious question, my wife lives on our homestead in the Delta, Phu Ninh, (Tam Nong) Dong Thap, there are a few factories down there, Shoes, Fish Processing, Clothing etc etc.  Okay, all closed now because of outbreaks, it is so serious, they locked down the towns all around and closed off anybody moving between them *(That's a good thing)*

Now to protect the kids, she has taken in five children between 5-14 yo to keep them safe and won't  allow visitors, video only.   Okay, we can afford it to keep them safe, she also feeds the neighbors when needed.   The entire police station, about 150 meters from my house, came up positive, as well as about 20/30 factory workers.   She hasn't a clue about vaccinations or testing for that matter, in that area, doesn't know who to contact, Police are not coming forth with answers, just "Stay Home!!, you will be told when you can get vaccinations".  I have heard (read) all sorts of positive reports about vaccinations, but seems to be only in the major cities, not the provinces.  Can anyone tell me how she can contact those in charge about vaccinations.  This area just split from Dong Thap, and is now under jurisdiction of Tam Nong - we live near not far from the Tram Chim Bird Sanctuary.  Who can she contact??. Other than the police.  Several of our long time friends working in the market have died from this, and Cong Ty is not coming further with any information...........they have been locked down 3 weeks now, and it was just extended yesterday for 2 more.   Anyone??  Thanx in advance

AndyHCMC
tunnelrat69 wrote:
Ciambella wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

I have a serious question, my wife lives on our homestead in the Delta, Phu Ninh, (Tam Nong) Dong Thap, there are a few factories down there, Shoes, Fish Processing, Clothing etc etc.  Okay, all closed now because of outbreaks, it is so serious, they locked down the towns all around and closed off anybody moving between them *(That's a good thing)*

Now to protect the kids, she has taken in five children between 5-14 yo to keep them safe and won't  allow visitors, video only.   Okay, we can afford it to keep them safe, she also feeds the neighbors when needed.   The entire police station, about 150 meters from my house, came up positive, as well as about 20/30 factory workers.   She hasn't a clue about vaccinations or testing for that matter, in that area, doesn't know who to contact, Police are not coming forth with answers, just "Stay Home!!, you will be told when you can get vaccinations".  I have heard (read) all sorts of positive reports about vaccinations, but seems to be only in the major cities, not the provinces.  Can anyone tell me how she can contact those in charge about vaccinations.  This area just split from Dong Thap, and is now under jurisdiction of Tam Nong - we live near not far from the Tram Chim Bird Sanctuary.  Who can she contact??. Other than the police.  Several of our long time friends working in the market have died from this, and Cong Ty is not coming further with any information...........they have been locked down 3 weeks now, and it was just extended yesterday for 2 more.   Anyone??  Thanx in advance

Tell her to go on facebook search "I'm from *** insert your district" find the post for NOTICE ON VACCINE AGAINST COVID-19 there will a link for your ward click on it and fill in the form to book they will contact you when you go"

Thats the process my GF found for HCMC hopefully its a gov incentive to inform each ward what to do.

There is also an online booking site but some on forum have posted still do with local ward.

If she is not internet savvy you can jumo on facebook for her and search and then send her a link?

goodolboy
Andybris2020 wrote:
tunnelrat69 wrote:
Ciambella wrote:

Tell her to go on facebook search "I'm from *** insert your district" find the post for NOTICE ON VACCINE AGAINST COVID-19 there will a link for your ward click on it and fill in the form to book they will contact you when you go"

Thats the process my GF found for HCMC hopefully its a gov incentive to inform each ward what to do.

There is also an online booking site but some on forum have posted still do with local ward.

If she is not internet savvy you can jumo on facebook for her and search and then send her a link?

I think he could even fill it in on line for her.

We have now registered on 3 different sites.

1st.......... Manually at the management office & then got a piece of paper with a bar code on it as proof of registration.

2nd........After talking to Ciambella & her explaining how that worked I decided to register us both on the national vaccination site just to cover everything & as been stated before on here by another member its really easy & is in English or Vietnamese what ever language you want to fill it in on. On that one I found it really good because after completing the registration it showed you bar graphs for all the regions vaccines given in %

3rd.........As of yesterday things Covid related in Celadon City complex picked up big time with as of yesterday 40  f0 noted at Ruby precinct & a guy came to our door & gave Ms My a link to another new Covid portal now specifically targeting residents in Emerald Block F & he urged we filled that in ASAP, (very simple name, apartment, DOB) as it will be presented at Ward level today for urgent review & action because of the situation here now.

Ms My's family live in the Delta Tien Giang & her father has had his first vaccination 2 days ago.

AndyHCMC
goodolboy wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:
tunnelrat69 wrote:

I think he could even fill it in on line for her.

We have now registered on 3 different sites.

1st.......... Manually at the management office & then got a piece of paper with a bar code on it as proof of registration.

2nd........After talking to Ciambella & her explaining how that worked I decided to register us both on the national vaccination site just to cover everything & as been stated before on here by another member its really easy & is in English or Vietnamese what ever language you want to fill it in on. On that one I found it really good because after completing the registration it showed you bar graphs for all the regions vaccines given in %

3rd.........As of yesterday things Covid related in Celadon City complex picked up big time with as of yesterday 40  f0 noted at Ruby precinct & a guy came to our door & gave Ms My a link to another new Covid portal now specifically targeting residents in Emerald Block F & he urged we filled that in ASAP, (very simple name, apartment, DOB) as it will be presented at Ward level today for urgent review & action because of the situation here now.

Ms My's family live in the Delta Tien Giang & her father has had his first vaccination 2 days ago.

Here is the link for national site, if you do on computer and have google translate add-on you can put it in english.

I think someone said after a while it flicks into english if your computer default is english? Anyways you can send her the link or do it for her as GOB  said.

Book for vaccine

https://tiemchungcovid19.gov.vn/portal/register-person

AndyHCMC

We just had a drive around our area (Phu Nhuan ward 10)with shop vouchers in hand looking for vegies and eggs, 150k for a pumpkin and 2 kg potatoes OMG! thats Australian prices lol.

Street were very quiet but small gathering outside anywhere selling food, some arguments at a couple where you have to book and come back at allotted time,, long lines at green shop 20+  sat there for ages.

Taped up alleys and streets here and there people sat at school awaiting vaccine so they are actually doing them just have to wait for a call, security and police everywhere.

People are starting to stand in doorways in our street and talk to anyone that passes, I think the long time inside is getting to everyone and they are starting to crave info from people that go out on their bikes asking where is open who is selling what and just human contact if they are older and alone in the house.

A couple of the bored guys in the street have set up a "check-point" where the police but a barrier at the entry to our street with a table with hand spray and are stopping all the delivery guys from coming in, they are collecting packages and delivering them down the street to cut all the traffic coming in, seems pointless to me but it is giving them something to do.

On a brighter note the Fire that was next door June 22nd - they have emptied it, smashed down the effected floor and roof and re-built it, repainted, re wired etc, the people who lived there (elderly mum mid 30's boy and student boy) just moved back in, the old lady opposite took them in since the fire.

The older boy who's room burst into flames at 4am has recovered from his minor burns and has been back at work since a week after the fire, he works for Vietnam Airlines as one of the ground crew loading passengers and working with air crew for allotted flights, we have been talking most days he says the rip down and rebuild was around 40mill that he now has to try to get a second job to pay back his friends who loaned him the money, he is very aware it could have been a lot worse and has a good outlook.

goodolboy
Andybris2020 wrote:

We just had a drive around our area (Phu Nhuan ward 10)with shop vouchers in hand looking for vegies and eggs, 150k for a pumpkin and 2 kg potatoes OMG! thats Australian prices lol.

To be honest, ok we are paying a little bit more, but vegetables are readily available from the FB Celadon City support & residents groups & delivered to the door.

I am also getting general groceries delivered fro Lazada, Shopee & AEON & all at pre lock down prices, for example got a fresh delivery of sliced bread (sandwich) yesterday at 30k a pack  11k delivery & its fresh & good for making toast n jam or toast n honey & I keep it in the freezer & as required use it. Got tinned peaches 820g can 50k, jar marmalade 420g 40k. etc etc etc just ordered my regular 3 x Dove soap 100g bar at 16k a bar   11k delivery & thats better that at AEON.

Anyways thats enough on the shopping front.
No word here yet on Vaccines when & where & what. Notice now an increase in bad posts social media about why Vaccines roll out in D7 & D2 have taken priority over predominantly Vietnamese (lets say working class areas) & dont ask me to post a link cos its on FB chats but its there for sure.

On the positive side from my end,  Ms My's sister has made it through having the Covid & being isolated in an isolation centre  for about 18 days & now is back home to her house & family at Binh Duong but has to isolate now for 14 days at home.

Her youngest sister is still locked into the factory but is well fed & watered & actually getting overtime rates for Sat afternoon & Sunday so there is a silver lining for every cloud I suppose. Being ex offshore oil worker for half my working life lock down does not phase this goodolboy one bit. At least I can look out onto the beautiful gardens here & that beats nothing but sea as far as the eye can see.

BORING BUT IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED I COPIED & PASTED SOME VEG PRICES HERE DELIVERED TO THE DOOR CELADON CITY.

Rau Củ Quả Quê Nhà B0.03 (Emerald)
Thương mời cả nhà !!!
👉 Rau khô sạch không tưới nước.
👉 rau xanh Chuẩn nguồn hàng VietGAP.
👉 Trợ giá yêu thương mùa dịch :
✅ 19k/1 bó đồng giá các loại rau xanh
( bồ ngót, cải thìa, cải ngồng, cải ngọt, cải xanh, rau dền, rau muống, mồng tơi, sà lách, hành lá, tía tô..)
✅ 25k/1kg đồng giá (Chanh,Sả,Đu đủ..)
✅ 29k/1kg đồng giá các loại
(Dưa leo, cà chua, cà tím, mướp, susu, đậu bắp,  cải trắng, cà pháo, bầu, khổ qua, ổi, chuối..)
✅ 39k/1kg đồng giá các loại củ
( cà rốt, khoai tay, củ dền, bí đỏ, hành tay, bắp cải, bí xanh, khoai mỡ ..)
✅ Dừa xiêm: 22k/1 trái
✅ Đu đủ: 25k/1kg
✅ Thơm: 28k/ 1 trái
✅ Ổi nữ hoàng: 29k/1kg
✅ Cam sành: 3kg/110k
✅ Cam mật: 45k/1kg
✅ Bưởi da xanh: 50k/1kg

AndyHCMC
goodolboy wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:

To be honest, ok we are paying a little bit more, but vegetables are readily available from the FB Celadon City support & residents groups & delivered to the door.

I am also getting general groceries delivered fro Lazada, Shopee & AEON & all at pre lock down prices, for example got a fresh delivery of sliced bread (sandwich) yesterday at 30k a pack  11k delivery & its fresh & good for making toast n jam or toast n honey & I keep it in the freezer & as required use it. Got tinned peaches 820g can 50k, jar marmalade 420g 40k. etc etc etc just ordered my regular 3 x Dove soap 100g bar at 16k a bar   11k delivery & thats better that at AEON.

Anyways thats enough on the shopping front.
No word here yet on Vaccines when & where & what. Notice now an increase in bad posts social media about why Vaccines roll out in D7 & D2 have taken priority over predominantly Vietnamese (lets say working class areas) & dont ask me to post a link cos its on FB chats but its there for sure.

On the positive side from my end,  Ms My's sister has made it through having the Covid & being isolated in an isolation centre  for about 18 days & now is back home to her house & family at Binh Duong but has to isolate now for 14 days at home.

Her youngest sister is still locked into the factory but is well fed & watered & actually getting overtime rates for Sat afternoon & Sunday so there is a silver lining for every cloud I suppose. Being ex offshore oil worker for half my working life lock down does not phase this goodolboy one bit. At least I can look out onto the beautiful gardens here & that beats nothing but sea as far as the eye can see.

BORING BUT IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED I COPIED & PASTED SOME VEG PRICES HERE DELIVERED TO THE DOOR CELADON CITY.

Rau Củ Quả Quê Nhà B0.03 (Emerald)
Thương mời cả nhà !!!
👉 Rau khô sạch không tưới nước.
👉 rau xanh Chuẩn nguồn hàng VietGAP.
👉 Trợ giá yêu thương mùa dịch :
✅ 19k/1 bó đồng giá các loại rau xanh
( bồ ngót, cải thìa, cải ngồng, cải ngọt, cải xanh, rau dền, rau muống, mồng tơi, sà lách, hành lá, tía tô..)
✅ 25k/1kg đồng giá (Chanh,Sả,Đu đủ..)
✅ 29k/1kg đồng giá các loại
(Dưa leo, cà chua, cà tím, mướp, susu, đậu bắp,  cải trắng, cà pháo, bầu, khổ qua, ổi, chuối..)
✅ 39k/1kg đồng giá các loại củ
( cà rốt, khoai tay, củ dền, bí đỏ, hành tay, bắp cải, bí xanh, khoai mỡ ..)
✅ Dừa xiêm: 22k/1 trái
✅ Đu đủ: 25k/1kg
✅ Thơm: 28k/ 1 trái
✅ Ổi nữ hoàng: 29k/1kg
✅ Cam sành: 3kg/110k
✅ Cam mật: 45k/1kg
✅ Bưởi da xanh: 50k/1kg

Sandwich bread,,, the local stuff that tastes of sugar?
Ive held if buying a toaster because i cant stand sugar with bacon and egg sandwich lol plus there is 5 of us so it would mean buying a 4 slice toaster which are crazy prices here,,,

Articles to help you in your expat project in Vietnam

• Dating In Vietnam
    Dating In Vietnam

If you're considering moving to Hanoi, or Ho Chi Minh City, the dating scene may be of interest to you. ...

• Making phone calls in Vietnam
    Making phone calls in Vietnam

The telecommunications sector in Vietnam has flourished throughout the past two decades. Like many foreigners, ...

• Moving to Vietnam with your pet
    Moving to Vietnam with your pet

If you are planning to move to Vietnam with a pet, there are a number of formalities that have to be completed ...

• Getting married in Vietnam
    Getting married in Vietnam

Have you met that perfect someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with? Luckily, getting married in ...

• Driving in Vietnam
    Driving in Vietnam

Vietnam is known for four categories of lush and diverse landscapes, and one of the easiest ways to see firsthand ...

• The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi
    The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi

Formerly known as Thang Long, Vietnam's present capital city was renamed Hanoi in 1831. This enchanting, ...

• Sports activities in Hanoi
    Sports activities in Hanoi

We know there's a lot of attention on the drinking culture in Hanoi, but what about the options for a healthy ...

• Internet in Vietnam
    Internet in Vietnam

Vietnam is currently ranked 39th internationally for internet connection and has an average download speed of ...

All of Vietnam's guide articles