Menu
Expat.com

DAILY LIFE IN VIETNAM DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC 2020-2021

Last activity 16 April 2022 by goodolboy

AndyHCMC
Ciambella wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:

Always got asked to take some home by friends, never used it myself.. haha no wrinkles just yet

Like using sunblock before going outside to prevent possible sunburn, you wear moisturizer and anti-wrinkles before they appear on your face, neck, hands, etc.

Or Jigs can use it on his enormous forehead  lol.png

Jlgarbutt
Andybris2020 wrote:
Ciambella wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:

Always got asked to take some home by friends, never used it myself.. haha no wrinkles just yet

Like using sunblock before going outside to prevent possible sunburn, you wear moisturizer and anti-wrinkles before they appear on your face, neck, hands, etc.

No need for sunblock in your case, sun doesn't reach as far down as 5'3" 😁

AndyHCMC
Jlgarbutt wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:
Ciambella wrote:

I don't need it I have plenty of cover under the carpet of mushrooms

Jlgarbutt
Andybris2020 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSj2h34ZrmY

no "shortage" of short jokes :-)

Ciambella
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Sounds like a process that might help a lot of aging expats postpone a similar ending...

Took me a couple seconds, but I've got it on the reread!  big_smile.png  The brain is the first to go in my case.

AndyHCMC
Jlgarbutt wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSj2h34ZrmY

no "shortage" of short jokes :-)

Yeah I'm on the "shortlist" to get them.
They "dwarf" forehead jokes.
I would carry on but that's the "long & Short" of the conversation

AndyHCMC

VnExpress
"Ho Chi Minh City allows restaurants to sell takeaways
The Ho Chi Minh City government allows the food service business to operate from 6am to 6pm daily in the form of take-out after 2 months of suspension."
So they can open but only for delivery.

They have to have ward permission and have 1 vac shot and test negative every 2 days.

"The city also allows a system of supermarkets, convenience stores, food stores, shippers to operate within a district; establishments producing and trading in pharmaceutical materials, drugs, medical equipment and medical supplies operate from 6am to 9pm to meet the needs of goods, necessities, and medicines."

Jlgarbutt
Andybris2020 wrote:

VnExpress
The Ho Chi Minh City government allows the food service business to operate from 6am to 6pm daily in the form of take-out after 2 months of suspension."

They have to have ward permission and have 1 vac shot and test negative every 2 days.

"The city also allows a system of supermarkets, convenience stores, food stores, shippers to operate within a district; establishments producing and trading in pharmaceutical materials, drugs, medical equipment and medical supplies operate from 6am to 9pm to meet the needs of goods, necessities, and medicines."

Awesome.news.. 😊

OceanBeach92107
Andybris2020 wrote:

VnExpress

Do you by any chance have a link for the quote?

I can't find the story on the website...

e.vnexpress.net/

AndyHCMC
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:

VnExpress

Do you by any chance have a link for the quote?

I can't find the story on the website...

e.vnexpress.net/

Really? its the one with the guy in front of the restaurant

Screenshot-from-2021-09-08-23-45-07.png

AndyHCMC

VNExpress latest

Proposal of social distancing associated with 'Covid-19 green card'

The Department of Health of Ho Chi Minh City proposed using a "Covid-19 Green Card" to allow people to participate in production and social activities depending on the level of epidemic control.

"At the same time, the city will use the "Covid-19 Green Card" to allow people to participate in production and social activities depending on the level of epidemic control. Accordingly, the city's health sector will coordinate with relevant departments to develop and update safety criteria for each industry as Ho Chi Minh City gradually restores production and business..."

so it looks like the plan/idea under proposal is no travel/movement without a "Vac passport" similar to what other countries are thinking of doing.

goodolboy
Andybris2020 wrote:

VNExpress latest

The Department of Health of Ho Chi Minh City proposed using a "Covid-19 Green Card" to allow people to participate in production and social activities depending on the level of epidemic control.

"At the same time, the city will use the "Covid-19 Green Card" to allow people to participate in production and social activities depending on the level of epidemic control. Accordingly, the city's health sector will coordinate with relevant departments to develop and update safety criteria for each industry as Ho Chi Minh City gradually restores production and business..."

so it looks like the plan/idea under proposal is no travel/movement without a "Vac passport" similar to what other countries are thinking of doing.

Sounds like a good plan for me. Lock down has not affected me at all but it has affected the average Vietnamese family & if it gets them back to work & earning money for daily life I am all for it.
As for me Green Passport or not I am still staying safe as best I can. But a walk in the park to feed the ducks will be good.

goodolboy

WONDERS WILL NEVER CEASE.......................SOMETHING MUST HAVE CHANGED.

So at least 6 weeks ago I placed an order with AEONESHOP on line. Waited 3 weeks & nothing came & then of course hard lock down gave them the excuse to say they could not deliver.
Lo & behold this morning Ms My gets a phone call to say a delivery from AEON was waiting for me at the front gate & not being delivered by the Army it was a Grab driver. Anyways cant complain cos in it was 2 cans of Heinz Baked Beans, 12 bottles of Strongbow & a box of KitKat top.png

Jlgarbutt
goodolboy wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:

VNExpress latest

Sounds like a good plan for me. Lock down has not affected me at all but it has affected the average Vietnamese family & if it gets them back to work & earning money for daily life I am all for it.
As for me Green Passport or not I am still staying safe as best I can. But a walk in the park to feed the ducks will be good.

Sounds like a good idea but who wil enforce this? The ticket or voucher for shops didn't go as planned, some shops asked for.it while others carried on business as usual.

Added to which how many will simply pay for the green card/passport?

What it will do however is encourage those that are avoiding the vaccine to take up the offer.

Then we have the number vaccinated .. last time I read the numbers jabbed acccounted for 10% of the population

AndyHCMC
goodolboy wrote:

WONDERS WILL NEVER CEASE.......................SOMETHING MUST HAVE CHANGED.

So at least 6 weeks ago I placed an order with AEONESHOP on line. Waited 3 weeks & nothing came & then of course hard lock down gave them the excuse to say they could not deliver.
Lo & behold this morning Ms My gets a phone call to say a delivery from AEON was waiting for me at the front gate & not being delivered by the Army it was a Grab driver. Anyways cant complain cos in it was 2 cans of Heinz Baked Beans, 12 bottles of Strongbow & a box of KitKat top.png

So Ms My has to suffer all night in a green haze from your baked beans after you fall into your drunken slumber after you have the munchies on the kitkats,,,, great plan  haha

AndyHCMC
Jlgarbutt wrote:
goodolboy wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:

VNExpress latest

Sounds like a good idea but who wil enforce this? The ticket or voucher for shops didn't go as planned, some shops asked for.it while others carried on business as usual.

Added to which how many will simply pay for the green card/passport?

What it will do however is encourage those that are avoiding the vaccine to take up the offer.

Then we have the number vaccinated .. last time I read the numbers jabbed acccounted for 10% of the population

Added to which how many will simply pay for the green card/passport? I must say I do know someone who said that months back when the "passport" idea what first thought of so people will do it if they can he said cant I just pay a Dr to do me one.

Maybe they will do it like the VN id card? maybe issue a nfc type chip card that can be scanned and updated every time you get a shot or used in the future for the next virus variant?

Then all you need is a scanner like train platforms just "tap & go"? would not be cheap to do though, could be used at toll booths on motorways, airports etc
don't forget who gave you the idea if gov reads this forum haha

AndyHCMC

Just in, looks like a Merry lock-down Christmas & a happy lock-down new year
"Ho Chi Minh City is expected to "open" all activities after January 15, 2022"
According to Ho Chi Minh City's roadmap, the area will be divided into 3 phases to reopen all economic activities after January 15, 2022. The reopening of operations based on the tool is the "Covid card".

On the afternoon of September 10, the People's Committee of Ho Chi Minh City held a conference to collect comments from the business community, complete the draft plan to prevent and control the Covid-19 epidemic and restore the city's economy after September 15.

At the conference, leaders of the People's Committee of Ho Chi Minh City and departments and branches clearly stated the views and principles of the locality in the process of reopening, recovering and developing the economy. Accordingly, in the context of the local Covid-19 epidemic situation with many positive features and in line with the disease prevention and control plan of the health sector, the locality will move to open all activities of the economy. economy after January 15, 2022.

And no Jigs I'm not gonna volunteer to help Santa

tranghomnay dot net

Jlgarbutt
Andybris2020 wrote:

According to Ho Chi Minh City's roadmap, the area will be divided into 3 phases to reopen all economic activities after January 15, 2022. The reopening of operations based on the tool is the "Covid card".

On the afternoon of September 10, the People's Committee of Ho Chi Minh City held a conference to collect comments from the business community, complete the draft plan to prevent and control the Covid-19 epidemic and restore the city's economy after September 15.

At the conference, leaders of the People's Committee of Ho Chi Minh City and departments and branches clearly stated the views and principles of the locality in the process of reopening, recovering and developing the economy. Accordingly, in the context of the local Covid-19 epidemic situation with many positive features and in line with the disease prevention and control plan of the health sector, the locality will move to open all activities of the economy. economy after January 15, 2022.

tranghomnay dot net

Full of good news.. no proper Christmas dinner then.

Help santa how 🤔😂

AndyHCMC
Jlgarbutt wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:

tranghomnay dot net

Help santa how 🤔😂

I foresaw a Dwarf joke and headed it off at the pass - there is a great view all over HCMC from the top of your massive forehead  lol.png

Jlgarbutt
Andybris2020 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:

tranghomnay dot net

Help santa how 🤔😂

I foresaw a Dwarf joke and headed it off at the pass - there is a great view all over HCMC from the top of your massive forehead  lol.png

Elves help santa not dwarves.. 🤪
But even then I suspect your wouldn't measure up to standards

https://images.app.goo.gl/DiKajZ7vPVFGsMcZ7

AndyHCMC
Jlgarbutt wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:

Help santa how 🤔😂

mic-drop.gif

Well done

and you do look a lot like Yoda with that forehead

Jlgarbutt
Andybris2020 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/cJzmNLmR/mic-drop.gif

Well done

Short it stature this one is.. haha

I don't k is about anyone else, but at least Yoda can use the force.. what special ability does a dwarf have apart from signing...I ho, I ho, it's off to work we go.. at least short means you can fit in the mine shafts easier

goodolboy

More testing today.....I am always willing to put up with the pain just to see the girls in their Blue plastic suits & masks & all you see is the eyes ohhhhh them eyes

TEST.png

AndyHCMC
goodolboy wrote:

More testing today.....I am always willing to put up with the pain just to see the girls in their Blue plastic suits & masks & all you see is the eyes ohhhhh them eyes

https://i.postimg.cc/TLHkL52h/TEST.png

No idea they never lend me a box to stand on to look at them,,,

AndyHCMC
Jlgarbutt wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:

Well done

I don't k is about anyone else, but at least Yoda can use the force.. what special ability does a dwarf have apart from signing...I ho, I ho, it's off to work we go.. at least short means you can fit in the mine shafts easier

Well we get plenty of work in "Dwarf Tossing" season

AndyHCMC

Conditions for being granted a 'Covid green card' in Ho Chi Minh City

from VNExpress "in particular, the Covid green card is issued to those who have received 2 full injections of vaccines that require 2 injections (Astrazeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, Sinopharm, Sputnik V...), the second injection has been given more than 14 days. .

In addition, the green card is also issued to people who get vaccinated with only one dose (Johnson & Johnson's Janssen) after 14 days; people infected with Covid-19 recover from illness; People infected with Covid-19, self-testing, self-isolating and then recovering from the disease must test to prove that they have antibodies.

Green card is issued from electronic database system, valid for 6 months."
I wonder how you get the antibody test and what level is good for Greencard?

Greencard system

goodolboy
Andybris2020 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:

Well done

Gonna get banned for this one but here goes

https://i.postimg.cc/G2YrfHRL/wolf-01a1.jpg

Jlgarbutt
Andybris2020 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:

Well done

Ummm tossing ??? I'm sure that can be arrange all year round if you treat your gf nicely 😜

AndyHCMC
Jlgarbutt wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:

Ummm tossing ??? I'm sure that can be arrange all year round if you treat your gf nicely 😜

I was going to say I come from a long like of short people,,, but actually its a short line.

AndyHCMC
goodolboy wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:

Gonna get banned for this one but here goes

https://i.postimg.cc/G2YrfHRL/wolf-01a1.jpg

I deleted my link I was taking the micky out of me not anyone else, I love dwarfs in fact I look up to them.

AndyHCMC

More on Phu Quoc plan:-
"After entering the country, visitors must fully implement 5K according to the regulations of the Ministry of Health. At the border gate, if there are signs of suspicion of Covid-19, it is necessary to comply with isolation measures.

All people directly involved in the process of welcoming and serving visitors from quarantine officers, immigration control officers, employees of airlines, travel agencies, transportation, accommodation... All must receive two full doses of the Covid-19 vaccine, the second dose at least 14 days before the arrival time.

Through the guidance of the travel company, visitors move according to the allocated flow and use their own cars according to the approved schedule, arranged with hand sanitizer solution. Service staff, drivers, guides and tourists wear masks throughout the journey.

Hotels and resorts selected to participate in the pilot program must have a 3-5 star rating, have a separate accommodation area for international visitors and do not come into contact with the community. These places must have separate sampling and testing areas."

Seems a bit strange to let people in then tell them they can't have any contact with the community? maybe it's a bad translation?

I'm not sure people would want to be limited to certain hotels that then separates them not sure how they would manage a pool or lifts, reception, etc.

Will be a very interesting trail many people complained about the quarantine hotels and the treatment this sounds a recipe for more complaints.

AndyHCMC

Looks like the 15th is a no go, they are asking for end of month now,,, vnexpress

Read here

Ciambella
Andybris2020 wrote:

Looks like the 15th is a no go, they are asking for end of month now,,, vnexpress

Since VT continues to be under D16 through Sept 23, there's no way Saigon will be free before the end of the month.

goodolboy

WELL I,v SEEN IT ALL NOW..............

So gets a call to go gate 2 to pick up our order fresh corn & pineapple. On the way back I see this car being loaded up with small boxes about 15cm x 15cm x 15cm with slots cut in them so stops to have a look & they are crammed full of baby chickens. This guy is just throwing them into the car & 2 young woman watching him. So turns out this Vietnamese family are breeding chickens in their fn apartment. I dont know why after 14 years here there are still things shock me but somethings still do & this is supposed to be an up market development too.
I wanted to have a small dog & went to the management to ask & to do it all legal & above board. Oh no thats against the rules............................but breeding chickens is OK I suppose.

Guest2023

Shock, horror, someone just got a hit of reality and has stated that Covid will not be under control buy Sept 15th. My 8- year old granddaughter could have told you this 2-months ago.

Bye,bye deadline

Jlgarbutt
goodolboy wrote:

So gets a call to go gate 2 to pick up our order fresh corn & pineapple. On the way back I see this car being loaded up with small boxes about 15cm x 15cm x 15cm with slots cut in them so stops to have a look & they are crammed full of baby chickens. This guy is just throwing them into the car & 2 young woman watching him. So turns out this Vietnamese family are breeding chickens in their fn apartment. I dont know why after 14 years here there are still things shock me but somethings still do & this is supposed to be an up market development too.
I wanted to have a small dog & went to the management to ask & to do it all legal & above board. Oh no thats against the rules............................but breeding chickens is OK I suppose.

Most of the apartments ban pets.. and most still have dogs and cats

Jlgarbutt
colinoscapee wrote:

Shock, horror, someone just got a hit of reality and has stated that Covid will not be under control buy Sept 15th. My 8- year old granddaughter could have told you this 2-months ago.

Bye,bye deadline

I think the last lockdown actually cussed more cases, everyone went out in masses to buy food at the local supermarket.

Lockdown.. well it can sod off. Bored with it now
As for sneaky covid creators.. sigh..why

AndyHCMC
goodolboy wrote:

They are not pets they are food, no one said you cant do take-away smile.png

How much? they have any ducks?

Jlgarbutt
Andybris2020 wrote:
goodolboy wrote:

They are not pets they are food, no one said you cant do take-away smile.png

How much? they have any ducks?

Imagine living next door to that.. the smelll must be terrible

Guest2023
goodolboy wrote:

So, going to KFC to grab a chicken box takes on a whole new meaning in Viet Nam.

Articles to help you in your expat project in Vietnam

• Dating In Vietnam
    Dating In Vietnam

If you're considering moving to Hanoi, or Ho Chi Minh City, the dating scene may be of interest to you. ...

• Making phone calls in Vietnam
    Making phone calls in Vietnam

The telecommunications sector in Vietnam has flourished throughout the past two decades. Like many foreigners, ...

• Moving to Vietnam with your pet
    Moving to Vietnam with your pet

If you are planning to move to Vietnam with a pet, there are a number of formalities that have to be completed ...

• Getting married in Vietnam
    Getting married in Vietnam

Have you met that perfect someone who you want to spend the rest of your life with? Luckily, getting married in ...

• Driving in Vietnam
    Driving in Vietnam

Vietnam is known for four categories of lush and diverse landscapes, and one of the easiest ways to see firsthand ...

• The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi
    The most popular neighbourhoods in Hanoi

Formerly known as Thang Long, Vietnam's present capital city was renamed Hanoi in 1831. This enchanting, ...

• Sports activities in Hanoi
    Sports activities in Hanoi

We know there's a lot of attention on the drinking culture in Hanoi, but what about the options for a healthy ...

• Internet in Vietnam
    Internet in Vietnam

Vietnam is currently ranked 39th internationally for internet connection and has an average download speed of ...

All of Vietnam's guide articles