Menu
Expat.com

LETS HAVE A LAUGH BUT NO FILTH

Last activity 17 October 2024 by Aidan in HCMC

Lennerd

An Irish family falls on hard times at the death of their father. The three brothers decide that they must go out into the world to seek their fortunes. One brother will stay in Ireland to look after their mum, one brother will go to Australia to make a bundle, and the third brother to New York where he'll do his best to make money and send some back to support dear old mum. The three brothers agree that they will always remember each other by buying a drink for the absent two brothers.

The brother who goes to New York walks into a bar and orders three whiskeys and three beer chasers. Bartender sets him up. This goes on for weeks. Eventually, the bar tender screws up his courage and asks, Why it is that no matter what you're drinking you always order three of them? The brother explains the situation.

Years pass with this pattern unchanged.

One day, the Irishman goes into the bar and orders two Guinness's. The bartender, draws the pints into the glasses and thinks to himself, ach, one of his brothers has died. He goes to set the glasses in front of the man and says, I hope this doesn't mean there's been a death in the family.

Oh, no, says the Irishman, nothing like that. My doctor told me I had to quit drinking, so I did.

Aidan in HCMC

ESL teacher's instruction to students.

"Please explain what is described in the following sentence;

At Thanksgiving, Gord gored the gourd."

Articles to help you in your expat project in Vietnam

• Leisure in Vietnam
    Leisure in Vietnam

If you are looking for an affordable destination with beautiful landscapes, culture, and delicious cuisine, ...

• Sports in Vietnam
    Sports in Vietnam

A wide range of sports and recreational activities are available to locals and expatriates in Vietnam. Gyms, ...

• Explore Phu Quoc
    Explore Phu Quoc

Located in the very southwest of Vietnam, Phu Quoc Island, also known as Pearl Island, forms part of the Kien ...

• Activities in Ha Long Bay, Viet Nam
    Activities in Ha Long Bay, Viet Nam

As a tourists’ destination, Ha Long has plenty of activities for travellers of all age groups.

• The Vietnamese cuisine
    The Vietnamese cuisine

If you are traveling to Vietnam, sampling all the delicious cuisine should be a top priority. Read on to discover ...

• Sports activities in Hanoi
    Sports activities in Hanoi

We know there's a lot of attention on the drinking culture in Hanoi, but what about the options for a healthy ...

• Leisure activities in Ho Chi Minh City
    Leisure activities in Ho Chi Minh City

One of the most interesting aspects of living in Ho Chi Minh City is the fact that theres never a shortage of ...

• Ho Chi Minh City - Nightlife
    Ho Chi Minh City - Nightlife

As an expat for several years in Ho Chi Minh City the city's nightlife scene has gone through numerous ...

All of Vietnam's guide articles