Entrepreneurship In Ghana

I would like read your views on enterprernurship in Ghana. Concerns, experiences and expectations even.

Hello,

Why ? What for ? Please develop your request.

Hello Lorrita Dede,

As phipiemar mentioned, i would advise you to develop your request too. Give us more details, so that our members will know how help you.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.Com Team.

Hi :)
Well for 1, I believe it's a worthy topic to start a discussion or open survey on. o Please pardon me if it is not allowed to just start a new topic of discussion here without inquiring first.

As part of my interest as a content and business developer, I like to find useful opinions to educate myself and basically network with like minded people. As an enterpreneur myself, I have realised these times (relating to COVID-19) has encouraged the fast rise of entrepreneurs from different professional   backgrounds providing various solutions for individuals and businesses alike.

As par my experience in this short period, the call for innovative and odd defying business moduls will be the first step to rebuilding the worlds economy and as such I feel we all must be prepared for that change (Entrepreneurs and all)  But as the traditional systems in place for entrepreneurship opportunities need revamping and more positive efforts and backing; I thought this would be a great platform to pick out the concerns of not just entrepreneurs but individuals on the journey to become one. For me personally, this would also give me diverse insights whiles developing sustainable solutions for growth and empowerment in any and every one.

I hope this is good enough explanation or reason. If not, please me know if I need to delete this topic, or you may delete it if it infringes on any set of rules. Thanks.

Hello ?

A worthwhile topic for discussion, unfortunately I've seen it late

I am very interested in this.
Also I would be more then willing to participate and offer & receive help & advise.
But 1000 people have red all the above and only very few replies....
Isn't that a bit weird? I would expect among the expats there are many entrepreneurs because it seems the easiest way to be able to earn  a living.

I posted some of my own plans few days ago. I am planning to move to Ghana next year, and continue my business from Accra. I am very curious to hear from other entrepreneurs!

I will be interested to discuss entrepreneurship ideas.  Currently in Canada and planning to move also.

Phil

Thank you sir

RabRa wrote:

I am very interested in this.
Also I would be more then willing to participate and offer & receive help & advise.
But 1000 people have red all the above and only very few replies....
Isn't that a bit weird? I would expect among the expats there are many entrepreneurs because it seems the easiest way to be able to earn  a living.

I posted some of my own plans few days ago. I am planning to move to Ghana next year, and continue my business from Accra. I am very curious to hear from other entrepreneurs!

Hello,

It's normal. To talk about entrepreneurship, you have to have a plan. Because without that, you might as well talk about the weather ...

This forum's philosophy is to help expats who are away from home in a foreign country. Many moderators / facilitators have extensive international experience. But answering in the vague is not really in the spirit ...

In addition, giving business ideas that might interest others, few people are ready to do it ...

Phil,
What line of business are you in? You ever had a company before?
How far are you with your plans?

Phipiemar,
You can discuss doing business more in general as well. In my post 'Moving my business to Accra', I share my plans, only the actual product I leave out.
You don't have to put your businessplan here for all to see. General opportunities & risks -or specific problems- thay occur are very interesting too I think.

I am in software development and IT in a broader sense.

I've had my consulting for few years but I maintain my day job to pay for the bills but I am now diving into entrepreneurship on a full-time basis with a little lower cost of living in Ghana.

Great, software development you can do from anywhere in the world, right?
I have employed a developer myself, working for my Dutch company, while he is in Asia! Works fine. If you know PHP , JAVA, you will get work - big shortage of them.

Thank you sir

True, thank you for the encouragement.

You are welcome

Part of entrepreneurship is organizational structure and taxes.
Can you share your experience on how to structure multinational (HD in ghana or abroad) or local?

are you there yet? When I visited, I got the forms to set up a business but differing information on how to pay taxes. There are many opportunities to be successful in ghana, just have to survey the market and be in the right location for what you want to do.

I will work as a construction manager in Accra or around Accra as expat. Is there the opportunity to help me for a job. I can live there because my girlfriend lives in Accra. Hopefully can you help me. Thanks

Hi
Where do you stay currently, and what's your qualification or educational background

Which country are you from