Car Financing

I am planning to move to Bahrain soon and really need some information with regards to car financing both conventional and islamic. How much would I have to pay per month for an accord or camry for instance, preferably brand new or 2-3 years old. Not more than 5 max...

My only concern is how soon can I finance one, every where I read online it says you need to have 3 month pay slips, been working for 3 months at-least. That does mean I have to wait 3 months before being able to finance a car. That would mean a lot of hassle and trouble initially. Can I not finance in my first month with documents from my company including my pay and all etc etc

Can I move to Bahrain without a car for 3 months if that is really the case??
What do new people generally do if they cant pay cash upfront?? And I dont want to lease a car as I have checked rates online, they are damn expensive for leasing... Can finance the same car at much lower price in relation to leasing rates... woooshh

Thanks

hi

the cars rates online are very high but I can arrange a rent a car for 100-120 bd per month  , which is very econmonical.

please contact mr for further details

Could you please send me some more details on car leasing, I would like to lease for first few months before we decide to buy.  Also, can I use US drivers licenese for driving in Bahrain or do I need to get Bahrain DL.  I will get international driving permit too...it does say bahrain on it, but then it says some countries are not part of 1949 convention and Bahrain is one of them.  So n ot sure what it means.

If you could send me address of website/contact of the person that I could find some information about leasing, then it would be great.

Hello rizoo and welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope that you will soon have the help of other members.

Regards,
Harmonie.

hi all,

this is a car rental agency 39677136

it offers the cheapest rate in bahrain

regards

Hi Rizoo and welcome to the forum (even if we talked in PM already  :D) and hi again to American Monk,

If you want to rent a car, there are a lot of agencies in Bahrain.
I don't know who is the cheappest at the moment but my advice is like anywhere else in the world : compare !
Everyone will tell you "I'm the cheapest, I'm the best" etc... But nothing beats a proper comparison !
Have also in mind that a lot of rented cars are in a very very very average condition. Broken seats, scratches etc... Don't expect automatically the level of standards we are used to in western countries.
To find the agents, two ways :
The yellow pages : http://www.yellowpages.bh/
Click Bahrain : http://www.clickbahrain.com/index.asp
Click Bahrain is a very resourceful link whatever you are looking for ;D

If you want to make a leasing contract for one year or two with a new car, some agents are doing that, I can give you their contact mails or at least websites adresses in MP if you need. Let me know.

As far as the driving license is concerned, the international driving license is valid in Bahrain. Nevertheless, as a resident you will have to get a Bahraini license. From an american license it's a 30 minutes process, mostly paperwork and eye testing with a little fee to get your Bahraini license.
For other countries like Pakistan, I really don't know. I heard that it's not easy to convert an Indian DL for instance.

Here you are guys, hope this helped...

Friendly yours

Olivier