Non eu citizen to join Belgian wife with polish national visa D.

Hi everyone. Please help clarify this.
****wife non eu citizen has a polish national visa D. Husband is an eu national *Belgian and lives in Belgium* (not free movement treaty and never did).
1. Can the wife join the husband permanently in Belgium with the polish national visa D?
2. can the wife visit sometimes the husband in Belgium without the need for visa?

Please note: NOT cov-19 travel ban related. just a general question. Not about the travel ban.

Thanks in advance. :)

Hello,

Good morning and welcome to our forum.

I hope you enjoy it.

You have already found many answers to your questions by reading:
- Guides published by the site under the "discover" tab
- Old discussions that you can even filter through the magnifying glass located next to your avatar.

Most of your questions have already been debated many times.

Thanks for the feedback. I have browsed through the topics and discover section. However, i didn't find a direct related discussions. i.e non eu having and eu national visa D(different eu country) trying to join spouse in his home country and he didn't exercise free movement treaty rights.

Please share the tread or discussion link if there's any. Thanks

If You would have followed the news concerning COVID-19, you would have understood that the travel restrictions will be almost all lifted from June 15 inside the European community.

You must also look on the websites of the embassies of the respective countries to know if you will be able to move or not.

Make it a habit to always refer to government websites first.

If you read my question properly, you will notice i repeated twice that my post is not about COVID-19 ==>
.. "" Please note: NOT cov-19 travel ban related. just a general question. Not about the travel ban.""

I know about the lock down. I'm only asking a general question regardless of COVID-19.

can a non eu with eu national visa D (poland) join spouse a belgian in Belgium without the need for Belgium visa. This is only is my question. Not related to COVID-19.

Dr.cyber wrote:

If you read my question properly, you will notice i repeated twice that my post is not about COVID-19 ==>
.. "" Please note: NOT cov-19 travel ban related. just a general question. Not about the travel ban.""

I know about the lock down. I'm only asking a general question regardless of COVID-19.

can a non eu with eu national visa D (poland) join spouse a belgian in Belgium without the need for Belgium visa. This is only is my question. Not related to COVID-19.

Please read this HERE

Thanks simcity.
Does it make any difference if the person did not exercise the eu free movement?

Because the citizenship is Belgian and lives in Belgium not a different eu country (technically not a basic joining an eu national)

From here. Depends on the type of D visa; there are 2 types I'm aware of, one is for a single journey, single country for a specific purpose (i.e. education, job etc); the other permits, with a valid national passport, travel to other Schengen signatory countries for tourist type reasons, for up to 90 days, after which they have to leave.