Menu
Expat.com

i am interested to know a lot about Abu Dhabi

Last activity 12 July 2011 by pils

krissysantana

Hi everyone my name is Krystal am suppose to be moving to Al Ain in 2 months to work for a spa called Radiance Beauty center have a lot of questions on my mind. Alot of people keep telling me about sex trade in the country it's making me nervous to move. Does anyone have any words of encouragement or facts to help me out? has anyone heard of this spa?

Blesson V

Hi Krystal, the negative comments you heard about UAE is absolutely wrong .. once you reach here you will realise that .. once you are attached to UAE you won't feel you are away from home .. Since i'm in Dubai i don't know about the SPA in Al Ain.

female_expat

Al Ain is a safe place. I dont know about the sex trade... you always find prostitution ring in operation world wide.

Al Ain is the greenest city of UAE. You won't think that you live in the desert and its cheaper to stay in AL Ain than overprized Dubai.

Typically your employer takes care of your safety. If in case you are being fooled, run towards the Labor Dept, you can ask for self repatriation if you wanted to go back.

Employers are required to make a deposit of certain when applying for labor approval. If repatriation is needed, that can take that unpaid wages and repatriation expenses from the employers deposit.

Blesson V wrote:

Hi Krystal, the negative comments you heard about UAE is absolutely wrong .. once you reach here you will realise that .. once you are attached to UAE you won't feel you are away from home .. Since i'm in Dubai i don't know about the SPA in Al Ain.

pabbm

I agree with the others. Remember this is an Islamic country, where many Islamic women cover themselves up from head to toe, so I can only assume whoever has told you about the sex trade here in the UAE is just jealous of you lol. I am from London and have now been in Al Ain for 6 weeks, and I love it. You will find the UAE to be one of the most cleanest and safest places you'd have visited.

pils

Hi there....

Al Ain is a safe place to work with...I think, you got a very wrong information about that sex-trade-stuff..It is a beautiful city and nice place to work in, although I do not have much information about that Spa...

So, pack up and get ready to move in, to this beautiful city...

Welcome to UAE.....

If I could be of any further assistance, please do let me know...I have been for almost three years now, and through this blog could find some interesting friends...

Pils

Articles to help you in your expat project in Abu Dhabi

• Accommodation in Abu Dhabi
    Accommodation in Abu Dhabi

Accommodation is your next step after securing a visa to fully settle into your new life as an expat in Abu Dhabi. ...

• Working in Abu Dhabi
    Working in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi has joined its neighbor emirate of Dubai in being a hotspot for tourists and expats moving for work ...

• Buying property in Abu Dhabi
    Buying property in Abu Dhabi

The United Arab Emirates has 9.06 million expats, and most of them spend about 30 to 50 years in the country ...

• Discovering Abu Dhabi
    Discovering Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, is a popular destination among those who want to live and work ...

• Study in Abu Dhabi
    Study in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is not only an excellent place to live and work, but it also offers world-class education. There are ...

• How to develop your social circle in Abu Dhabi
    How to develop your social circle in Abu Dhabi

Expats in Abu Dhabi can establish a social network through various ways, such as joining expat groups online and ...

• The work culture in Abu Dhabi
    The work culture in Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is an international city, and in most workplaces, you will interact and work with people of different ...

• Getting around Abu Dhabi
    Getting around Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi is a relatively small city compared to Dubai and getting around is very convenient and easy. If you want ...

All of Abu Dhabi's guide articles