Highly skilled migrant - Work Permit procedure

Hi all,
I got an offer from NL company to work in IT field , they asked me to find an agency to finish all the paper work and submit all documents and application to the government in lieu of the company , but I don't know how to start or what to search for .

if there any suggestion of agencies doing this service ?

My employer works with Fragomen.

They are expensive, but good. I assume your new employer will pay for their service.

You may contact them and get a quote.

https://www.fragomen.com/contact-us

Briddge is very good and reasonably priced. You get your own consultant to guide you through the full process - https://briddge.com/contact

Hi all.

I'm not so sure about this.  For any company to hire a skilled migrant from anywhere outside the Netherlands, they have to be registered with the IND; part of that process would mean that they have already identified organisations such as Aneesh and DLNW have suggested.  It's unusual in the least for any company to hand somebody a blank cheque and say go organise your own visa; be very careful, especially if somebody asks you to pay any of your own money for this; it could be a scam.

Just my thoughts.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Cynic,

thanks for your reply ,

Actually the company is well know and multi-national one , their office in NL need to hire me ASAP , but it seem the HR never do the Immigration things before for non-EU employee like me , so they suggest to find a good/expert agency to finish all the paper work and fill the application to obtain the WorkPermit/Visa , of course they will pay for this service not me.

BR

Aneesh wrote:

My employer works with Fragomen.

They are expensive, but good. I assume your new employer will pay for their service.

You may contact them and get a quote.

https://www.fragomen.com/contact-us

Thanks Aneesh for your help , currently I'm working Brussels , do you think it will be easier to transfer to NL in term of required document/application and process time rather than move from outside EU.

BR

That's fine, but they still need to be on the register at IND to bring you in as HSM.

Hi Cynic,

Yes, if you mean the company offer the job to me ..yes they are registered.

Could you let me what is the list of documents needed for work permit and if holding resident permit of Belgium will help into this.

Thanks

I would question why you need HSM tbh; the real benefit to most is the 30% tax break, but coming from Belgium, you won't qualify for it.  COVID is making a mess of any other percieved benefits.

Hi again.

All the details relevant to HSM and some Q&A can be found at this link on the IND website.

I mentioned COVID; there are still many workers working from home everywhere in the Netherlands, this is relevant to IND as well.  They claim that all online applications are being turned around on time; the paper versions are joining the pile they are working through.

IND does have an active Twitter feed that they do respond to generic questions on.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team