Menu
Expat.com

Migrating to Mauritius

Last activity 29 September 2020 by LELE AND ASSOCIATES

LELE AND ASSOCIATES

Hello
I am an Indian and presently residing in Pune Maharashtra.
I am a civil engineer by profession with 35 years experience in the civil engineering industry both in project execution and design+detailing+drafting. I have worked on housing, commercial and industrial projects with experience in managing, execution and desgining the projects.
I am looking for a similar opportunity in Maritius and willing to migrate.
Thanks
Prashant.

Anou86

Hi Prashant,

Welcome to Expat.Com  smile.png

I have replied to your private message. Finding a job is the first step. So make good use of all resources you can  find (recruitment agencies, job boards, professional networking websites).

Have you been to Mauritius ?

Have a nice day,
Anoushka

magnec

Hi Anou86,

I would like to migrate to Mauritius for July 2021.
I will very interesting by your resources to find a job as the first step.

Also i'm married with 2 children.
If i find a job in Mauritius, is my family could stay as long as me ?

Thanks

Anou86

Hi Magnec,

Exact, if you find a job (occupation permit) your dependents will be eligible to hold a resident permit attached to you/your OP.

Read the dependents of an OP or RP holder section at the bottom :

https://www.edbmauritius.org/work-and-l … ce-permit/

Have a nice day,
Anoushka

magnec

Thanks you Anoushka

Anou86

Oh and Re Magnec, sorry i missed your 1st enquiry. Feel free to post a new topic by providing enough information on your field of work/qualifications etc so that you can easily gather as much information possible on one thread.

I read somewhere that you are a web dev. There are many decent opportunities in your field, once you open your thread, I will gladly post some relevant information to your field.

Cheers,
Anoushka

LELE AND ASSOCIATES

Hi Anoushka
How are you Anoushka, hope you are safe and sound from this pandemic and doing fine. Somehow we were disconnected for a short time due to my prior engagements. Then my son and his wife in New Zealand, were to buy their first car, so was busy sharing with them how we planned and budgeted when we bought our first car in Pune, India. Then each of us had their ideas, right from Minal my wife (she has managed the house front excellantly, when the kids were small and has a good experience in working budgets), my daughter who is in Germany and working is same like Minal, this can go on.......but before I forget, I will come to the point.

Well, you have gone through my first post where I mentioned about my experience and what I am planning. I intend to work as a free lancer in my field with add-ons and hence require some info before hand.

My questions are as follows:

1. Do the rules of setting up a business (self employed) in Mauritius (as written on the website) applicable even if I am all alone (not hiring people at all) doing my work alone under my personal banner? could you you find out more about it, please.

2. As said above I will operate under my personal name as a free lancer, presently I am doing so in India which is accepted by the finance ministry of India. I am doing this for more than a decade.

3. Do the rules of generating minimum business income applicable in the above case?

Well how can you help me to have more information on this and could do that please for me, or guide me where I can find more info on this.

Thanks
Prashant.

Anou86

Hi Prashant, glad to hear from you  smile.png I hope everything worked out just fine.

What is important for you to to stay in Mauritius is the permit (occupation/resident) and therefore to be eligible for one of these permits there are some requirements.

I recommend that you get in touch with the EDB to see whether you can operate as a Self-Employed, the initial investment is USD 35,000 and business income should be atleast  Rs 800,000/anually.

Self-Employed
https://www.edbmauritius.org/work-and-l … ce-permit/https://www.edbmauritius.org/media/3450 … p-2020.pdf

Have a nice day,
Anoushka

LELE AND ASSOCIATES

Hi Anoushka

Thanks for the quick response.

Having read your mail and the info on the net per your links sent, I find that the route of entering MUR as a professional or self employed apprears to be a dream far from true. It has a lot financial risk that I need to take at this age, when I am 57 years old. How could the educational route be? Can I think of some short courses in my field from instituitions based in MUR.

My son is in NZ and did a diploma of 1 year, was working part time in a garage till he completed his education, his wife was there with him on a dependent visa etc....Now that he has secured a job for the past 1 year, he has got his work permit in place along with his wife and in 2021 he will be eligible for PR too.

Can something of this nature work out for me? Age is no bar for getting education. Can you help me find such short courses that can help me to migrate in MUR. Let me have your opinion on this.

Thank you
Prashant Lele.

Anou86

I'm afraid, i won't be able to guide you on this one. I don't know whether there's an age limit to pursuing studies here. Even then, finding a job that suits your needs financially would be too much of a hassle. Also, not sure whether you can bring a dependent on a student visa.

You might want to contact the universities listed in the following article :

- Study in Mauritius

- Student visa for Mauritius

If retirement is not an option, I would suggest you to contact the Immigration consultants in Mauritius listed in the business directory. They might find a solution.

Regards,
Anoushka

LELE AND ASSOCIATES

Thanks Anoushka

Articles to help you in your expat project in Mauritius

• Work in Mauritius
    Work in Mauritius

The small, prosperous republic of Mauritius has risen to become one of the most progressive economies in Africa. ...

• Invest in Mauritius
    Invest in Mauritius

Mauritius is an ideal destination for foreign investment. With a stable democracy, the Rule of Law, and an ...

• Setting up a business in Mauritius
    Setting up a business in Mauritius

Mauritius is a world-renowned business center, ranked first in sub-Saharan Africa by the World Bank. It is the ...

• Work contracts in Mauritius
    Work contracts in Mauritius

In Mauritius, job contracts are stringently regulated to ensure fair treatment and clarity for all employees. The ...

• Internships in Mauritius
    Internships in Mauritius

Mauritius attracts many international students who are looking to do an internship abroad to gain their first ...

• Labor market in Mauritius
    Labor market in Mauritius

The Mauritian economy is a service economy, and not surprisingly, the labor market is dominated by this sector. ...

• Driver's licence in Mauritius
    Driver's licence in Mauritius

Mauritius has a well-developed public transport network, although the frequency and working hours might not work ...

• Banking services in Mauritius
    Banking services in Mauritius

Opening a bank account in Mauritius can help you in many ways, including receiving your salary, paying your ...

All of Mauritius's guide articles