Menu
Expat.com

MOM Entry Approval

Last activity 04 May 2021 by tomfu99

beppi
prateek4goibibo wrote:

Or we can apply with one employer for both (being on employment with different employer)?

Entry approval must be applied for by the employer - thus separately for your wife and you.
Only for your (non-working) dependants on DP could your employer apply for it.

It is better to follow MoM's advice:

Please discourage your pass holders from going overseas as the country they visit may have travel restrictions. Thus, there could be significant delays before they can return to Singapore.

singswan

Dear Prateek, Please get the entry approval in advance before coming to India. As you might be aware, there are many Indians, including EPs, who are stuck in India for several months because they came to India and now they are not able to get entry approval. The corona situation in India is getting worse right now so the entry approval may not be easy in the coming days.

prateek4goibibo

Thank you beppi.
I will ponder on this.

prateek4goibibo

Thank you Singwan

Yes, I was also thinking the same, if I could apply for arrival even before going to India, would be great.
I think its 60days is the window but not sure, if we can do this. I mean applying to get return confirmation before flying from Sing

Whitesneakers
singswan wrote:

Dear Prateek, Please get the entry approval in advance before coming to India. As you might be aware, there are many Indians, including EPs, who are stuck in India for several months because they came to India and now they are not able to get entry approval. The corona situation in India is getting worse right now so the entry approval may not be easy in the coming days.

Uhm, i dont think approval can be obtained before flying out, right?

jbaby272

Hi,
I am EP holder working in Semiconductor company and currently in Singapore.  I will be on 2 months business trip to US (San Francisco) starting on the 3rd week of April.  My employer will help to apply for my entry permit to Singapore as soon as i arrive in the US. My question is, with the recent covid situation, what is the chances my application for entry permit will get approve?

surya2k

Your employer can apply entry permit now before you travel. So that you will know up front whether ICA provides you entry approval on your return or not. Should be fine in this case but it’s better apply prior to your departure. Good luck

tomfu99

Hi All, I am an IPA holder for a PEP and need to start a job in SG as soon as possible. I need to submit my request for an entry permit via MOM, but it keeps getting rejected for months. The situation is really worrying as the IPA is fast approaching the expiry date, and my future employer seems to be losing patience. Can anyone advise? Does it affect my chance that I apply as an individual who is without an employer now? Is it better to apply for a nearer or a further date? Are there any days that are better/worse? Is there anything I could do to see dates with a potential window?

beppi

Your entry approval does not depend on the date you apply, or apply for, but on the general COVID situation and whether your job (and thus your presence) is considered essential for Singapore.
Your employer can extend the IPA (before it’s expiry!), but you may have to wait with the entry permit until the situation improves.

tomfu99

Thanks beppi! Yes, the "situation improves" may be many months away as I see now. Quite worrying... Logically they can say that the one without current, contracted employment on paper is not the most essential. But the prospective employer I have is reluctant to manage it until I have my PEP in hand.  Catch 22...

Articles to help you in your expat project in Singapore

All of Singapore's guide articles