Gap of 12 days while changing employers in Belgium

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for an urgent suggestion where i am changing my employment from company A to B and having gap of 12 days.
For an example,

Last working day in company A : 30 Sept 2020
First working day in company B : 12 Oct 2020.

I am on single WP B and RC valid till Nov 2021 which will be revoked after my last working day in comapny A and my new WP is in progress which is initiated by comapny B already.

Can you please suggest this gap would be an issue in future while applying for long term resident card later for citizenship?

As far as i am aware, this should not be a problem. But, would suggest to not have a gap of more than a month.

Thanks,

Any Idea or experience in getting WP for new employer from Belgium Govnment?

As my contract with new employer will start before i get my WP changed from old to new employer on my RP.

Need suggestion how much time will it take to formally start working for new employer considering WFH situation these days?

TIA

There is no change of WP between employers. In your case, you need to apply for a new Single Permit (which includes WP). As part of SP, your WP will get approved first. From that moment, you can work for new employer (as you already have valid resident permit). However, note that, when you get new WP for new employer, you cannot work for old employer if date is already started.

last month, for some of my friends, WP was provided in 1-2 weeks.

I posted this in the forum so the search function may worth.

Yes, some people can say a few days gap is okay and even they had no problem with it but who knows how will the immigration office will interprete it in the future when you mention the nationality. Its Belgium.

And yes, It is effectively recommended by the Work office that you should set the "start date" just follows your "end date" so that you "will not have a gap". Thats what the head asistant of the region of work told me.