90 day exit requirement

I got married in Ukraine September 12th. I was going to apply for my temporary resident permit but I am told there is not enough time to get it before I leave in 20 days. But I had to wait until 15 days prior to my departure. It makes no sense to me. So it looks like I will have to go back to the states. Is the a way for me to return to my wife and new family without waiting for the 90 days that are normally required? Any practical advice would be very much appreciated

Almost similar thing happened to me. You can go to the nearest land border and wait for 90 days. But I have been told they do not monitor entries that well so you can retry entry or you can go to the Ukraine embassy with your marriage certificate and request a visa

According to UA law foreigners may apply for temporary residence permit (TRP) after they get married with UA citizen. Prior applying for TRP they must obtain special D-14 visa in UA Embassy out of UA.
Moreover you have to apply not later than 15 working days before your visa is expired. Please DM me if you have more questions or need any help

It does not matter how much time you have because to apply for a TRP your need a D visa as Svitlana correctly said above. This D visa is issued for 90 days. So you come with the D visa and apply for your TRP based on marriage which takes 15 days.

There is a free of charge artificial immigration lawyer on Facebook - @iVanimmigrationbot. You can use it and get full and detailed information on the whole process.

Thank you. Extremely helpful both of you.
Looking forward to my fast return and new life in Ukraine. Thanks again so much

Hi there
I would just like to expel the myth, that the boards and control is shell we say, laxed. You may think so, but in fact there not.
Due to covid 19 there is a situation that some peoples visas are over, but once the boarders are re opened you only have 15 working days to leave or apply. If you overstay, etc etc. buy a few days its a fine. a month or so its a ban, a year its jail, a ban , a fine and you get deported. respect the law, do things correct, and sleep well at night.

Yes as I said I leave Ukraine on the 12th which is 2 weeks less then my 90 day stay in country. I always leave a little early. So it's back to the USA, get rid of my stuff I don't need, file for my Visa and come back. Very excited about my new life in Ukraine.

Hello,

I think there is not fine if people overstay during the quarantine. So it seems to be possible to stay longer than 90 days. Can anyone confirm this information?

Hi there

If you had been in Ukraine before covid19. And you for some good reason could not travel back home, then yes there was an extension. However. that was nearly 9 months ago and the boarder has been open since then. So the 90 day visa free still applies. If you get stopped by the police (Ukrainian ) you will need to show them your passport, and this is happening more and more as foreign tourists are almost nil. My wife and i have been stopped three time in the last four month, but i live here so all ok.
Your problem will be that in this covid issue in order to extend your 90 days you need to attend an OVID and immigration, in order not to get a ten year ban when you decide to leave the Ukraine.
regards

martin